Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Frozen peanut butter dessert
1  2  Next

AZmom09

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 4:26 pm
I really want to make for shabbos some sort of peanut butter mousse/frozen dessert
Ive seen recipes with tofutti cream cheese but I cant get that here.
Also I dont want to use raw eggs.
Also nothing with too much chocolate. more like pb on its own...
Any ideas? Please!

miami85

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 4:45 pm
Might I suggest: mix 1c confec sugar with 1/2 c. Peanut butter until well blended (I use a ziploc bag). Whip 8oz whip topping & vanilla pudding and 1/2-3/4 peanut mixture. Pour into pie crust and top w/rest of mixture. I also do this in a choc crust. I like to call this "butterfinger pie"

AZmom09

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 4:50 pm
Top with the rest of the pd/sugar mixture? its smooth or thick?

oatmealcookies

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 5:13 pm
chocolate peanut butter mouse pie

1 container whip topping
1/2 coca powder
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 chocolate chips (you can use more or less or none at all)
graham cracker pie crust

whip the whip topping add the coca and peanut butter keep whipping until smooth, then add the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into pie crust, cover and freeze.

the real recipe is in quick and kosher from the bride who knew nothing....I cut out the sugar because the whip topping is sweet enough and the margarine I figured we could live without Smile

enjoy!!

AZmom09

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 5:59 am
miami85 wrote:
Might I suggest: mix 1c confec sugar with 1/2 c. Peanut butter until well blended (I use a ziploc bag). Whip 8oz whip topping & vanilla pudding and 1/2-3/4 peanut mixture. Pour into pie crust and top w/rest of mixture. I also do this in a choc crust. I like to call this "butterfinger pie"

I just made this. I wasnt sure if I should blend the pb mixture with the whip topping, but I did a little, then crumbled the rest over it. I also made a chocolate crust and after I put the pb mixture on top I drizzled melted chocolate over it. It looks really pretty. Maybe ill post a picture of it. Now its in the freezer, but from what I tasted its really good!
Thanks so much!

AZmom09

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 6:10 am
https://lh6.googleusercontent......2.JPG

Heres a pic!

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 7:10 am
wow that looks really good
Quote:

I just made this. I wasnt sure if I should blend the pb mixture with the whip topping, but I did a little, then crumbled the rest over it. I also made a chocolate crust and after I put the pb mixture on top I drizzled melted chocolate over it. It looks really pretty. Maybe ill post a picture of it. Now its in the freezer, but from what I tasted its really good!
Thanks so much!

yes you were--into the whip topping-pudding mixture--see bold above
Enjoy!

AZmom09

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 7:38 am
We just tasted it. WOW its amazing!!! Thanks sooo much! I'm for sure saving this recipe!!

gardengirl

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 2:21 pm
The Butterfinger pie looks and sounds great!
One question:
The whip gets whipped up with the instant pudding mix first, and then do you fold in or blend the PB mixture?
Thanks.

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 3:47 pm
Gardengirl--yes. I ax

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 4:05 pm
miami85 wrote:
PB chunky or smooth?

AZmom09

Post Tue, Sep 25 2012, 2:22 am
Smooth PB.

Someone just asked me for the recipe so I wrote it up to make to clearer with my added touches. Here it is!

Whip 8oz whip topping & 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix (its about 2/3 cup per package I think). Once fluffy, in another bowl mix 1c (could use a little less than 1 cup) confec sugar with 1/2 c. Peanut butter until well blended (I used same beater I used for whip, just easier that way..)

Put 1/2-3/4 of the pb mixture into the whip and beat it together till combined. Just long enough to get it mixed in, but not too long as you still want some volume in the whip.
Pour into pie crust ( made a chocolate crust) and sprinkle the rest of the pb crumb mixture over the top.
Put chocolate chips in a plastic bag and microwave for a few seconds till melted (dont burn!, or you can put bag in a cup of hot water to melt the chocolate that way)
Cut the tip of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the pie in zig zags.
Put in the freezer. It doesnt need to be sitting out before you serve it, its pretty easy to cut right out of the freezer, maybe it needs to sit a minute or so.

By the way I used this recipe for the crust, SOOO easy and much healthier than adding more marg...
1 1/2 cups of crumbs (I used chocolate biscuits)
3 TB of milk (I used water, you can use soy milk or whatever..)

Just mix them both together and press into pan. No need to bake it.
Its really good!

Enjoy!

saralea

Post Tue, Sep 25 2012, 9:41 am
Thanks az mom & miami85, this sounds amazing and easy! can't wait to make it for sukkos!

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, Sep 26 2012, 3:15 pm
Peanut Butter Layered Ice Cream

• 1 baked 9-inch pie crust or graham pie crust
• ½ cup peanut butter
• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 1 instant vanilla pudding
• ½ cup coffee whitener
• 1 10 oz. whip
Mix peanut butter with confectioners’ sugar by hand until crumbly. Place ¾ into crust. Mix vanilla pudding with coffee whitener. Pour over crumbs and freeze until firm. Beat whip and spread on top. Pour remaining crumbs over whip. Freeze

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 26 2012, 11:56 pm
miami85 wrote:
Do you freeze this? Or store in the refrigerator?

AZmom09

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 1:40 am
Frozen. If you look a few posts up, I wrote it out also.
I'm also thinking to at some point make some sort of healthier version- minus the rich's... will post that recipe once I attempt and have success!

Tinkerbelle

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 3:35 am
Do you think it would work with sesame paste for a chalva flavor? we have some peanut allergies here.

achot613

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 12:09 am
Sounds yummy.Anyone know What the whipped topping ingredient equivalent in Israel? Is it shamenet lhaktzafa do I need to pre whip it?

AZmom09

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 2:41 am
yaschott wrote:
Sounds yummy.Anyone know What the whipped topping ingredient equivalent in Israel? Is it shamenet lhaktzafa do I need to pre whip it?

I got rich's whip by my makolet (its one of the small ones) I think shamenet lkatzefet or watever its called is the equivalent. You whip it. Obviously make sure its pareve if you want it to be pareve...

Tamiri

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 4:43 am
Tinkerbelle wrote:
Do you think it would work with sesame paste for a chalva flavor? we have some peanut allergies here.
Great idea but sorry, I have no experience to know whether it would work or not. We've had the most DIVINE halva mousse (not sweet, served alongside the main dish), whipped into an airy nothing at a restaurant called Liliot here in Tel Aviv. I haven't been able to find a recipe like that, sadly.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics