Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What's the difference? (Maclarens)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 10:41 pm
I need to buy a strong but simple stroller that I can use for travelling and for times when I don't have room for my big Valco in my trunk.

I've been looking online. I want something good quality, but reasonably priced. There are so many different Maclarens out there but what is the difference between the Techno, Quest, Triumph and others? I know I don't want the Volo because I want something that reclines.

I also see something new on babiesrus by Maclaren called Ryder with a leather seat - anyone know anything about that? Heres the link: Maclaren Ryder

If anyone has something different to recommend that fits my needs, feel free to suggest!

JMto2

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 10:50 pm
I do not know about the Maclarens but I do know there is the Inglesina umbrella kind very similar to the Maclaren techno it is around $100 two of my SIL's have it they go all over with it and its great for all stages they love it and its in perfect condition.

MOM222

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 10:55 pm
I love the techno xt, and would recomend it to everyone.

Basically the techno is still light but has slightly bigger wheels than the quest and Triumph so its easier to wheel over sand, bumpy roads...

You can see the difference between each one here:
http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us.....no_xt

ceo

Post Fri, Dec 01 2006, 12:34 am
It goes like this:

TEchno (Classic or XT): most full features stroller: plushest seat, deeper recline, larger wheels

Quest: a recline, but not as deep as techno, smaller wheel. l

Triumph: A step up from the Volo. Less recline than techno, but more than volo.

I had a Quest, it was good for in and out of the car. The airline recently broke it Mad , replaced it with a Zooper Twist- almost the same thing!

I went to Little Folks in Manhattan to get a new stroller. I looked at the Zooper and Inglesina Urbe (again, very similar).I liked the Inglesina better --- much bigger wheels and the seat is higher up-- but they only had red and pink in stock when I went, so that was NOT going to work for me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics