Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Offering Help

Yael

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 2:48 pm
How do you feel when someone offers to help you out? for any situation, whether it be bringing your groceries inside or making supper for you.
Do you feel grateful and say yes sure. or wish you could accept but feel the polite thing to do is to say no. or really dont want/ need the help?

supermom

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 3:22 pm
if I am dying for help and I know that I need it then I would accept but if I don't really need it then I would tell the person no thank you but thanks for asking.

proudmom

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 3:29 pm
If someone would ask to help bring up my packages and I need help I would gladly take the offer. Making supper I would say no thank you but thanks for offering, even if I need help with that. After I give birth who ever makes me food I would willingly take it with open hands. It also depends on who is asking and what they are asking to help.

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 3:41 pm
I have no problem if it's a friend or someone I can reciprocate. Otherwise I wouldn't want to feel like someones mitzvah case, NO WAY big time!!

basmalkah

Post Sun, Apr 10 2005, 4:17 pm
freilich wrote:
I have no problem if it's a friend or someone I can reciprocate. Otherwise I wouldn't want to feel like someones mitzvah case, NO WAY big time!!

Exactly!!!! I feel the same way!!! There was actually a point in my life when I really needed a lot of help and I really did NOT enjoy any of the help that a certain family offered b/c I knew that he would not let my husband or myself reciprocate! On the other hand, I took anything that another family member offered b/c I knew that she would ask me to to anything for her! I had to explain the "favor game" to the other family member b/c he just didn't get it and I couldn't continue taking from him when he was basically forcing everything down my throat and not giving the chance to help him or his family w/ anything.
We all have our ups and downs and sometimes we are more needy. It is not a bad thing to receive help from others. When giving we should always keep in mind what the receiver might be feeling and be sensitive and let him reciprocate!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics