Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
If you found a rat in your house, what would you do?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:26 pm
My friend bought a cat LOL and hasn't seen another one since Wink .
I put it in this section just in case someone has a rat as a pet Confused .

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:28 pm
I would screech

then I would think rationally LOL

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:40 pm
I would move out.

I used to have hamsters as pets, but I was petrified of them. Rats are way worse than mice or hamsters.

One time, we were in the country for the summer, and I found 2 chipmunks in my bungalow. I left. They came hopping down the steps behind me, but I was convinced there were probably more. I came back, though, after dh searched the bungalow and found no trace of chipmunks anywhere. (That was a few hours later. He was in the city when I found the chipmunks.)

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:43 pm
Scream, Move out, call my brother the exterminator.

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:50 pm
Scream, move out, call Mommy 3.5's brother the exterminator. Very Happy

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 8:54 pm
A pet rat is cute. An uninvited rodent will warrant the need for a new kitty Smile

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 7:02 am
Move out! I did! We brought one home from the market in a box of produce, and when I found it we moved out to my parents' house. Called the exterminator, we thought it was gone, came back home, found droppings again, and we turned around and went straight back to my parents' house. Wouldn't come back until the the exterminator had confirmed they were gone and left more traps, and had a cleaner scrub the entire kitchen, including skirting boards, counters, inside every cupboard, etc.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 8:20 am
Squishy wrote:
Scream, move out, call Mommy 3.5's brother the exterminator. Very Happy

LOL

brooklyn

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 3:08 pm
Divorce him Wink

newchic

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 3:11 pm
run!

sequoia

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 3:17 pm
It would never happen -- I have cats Smile

Britmummy

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 4:35 pm
I once did! In the house I lived in with my ex!
I found a partly-decomposed dead rat in the basement when moving some boxes around. It STANK!

I called my ex to come down but the poor little mummy's boy burst into tears and ran back into the house sobbing "I'll throw up if you make me look at it"!

So I took a spade and dug a hole in the garden, then shovelled up the rat, threw it into the hole and buried it.
And divorced the mummy's boy Rolling Eyes

Inspired

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 4:45 pm
I kill them.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 9:04 am
I breed rodents including rats (more demand than for guinea pigs), though these days I have been busy and not working on the "lines" (you don't match up any animal with any other, if you want to keep nice colours and features and health and personality).
My fav rats are blue, or siamese (white with black feet and nose), or skinny (hairless). I cry when a fav dies. They eat our leftovers and prevent baal tashchit. They also teach caring and responsibility to dd (yes, ds is too young Wink ). Those used to humans are extremely friendly and social and never play rough with kids, they have this crazy instinct to know.

Now, wild rat is wild. Can be domesticated with lots of efforts but don't expect much cuddliness until the next generation.

And finally, countryside rat. Don't even try.

Any question? you can find pics in my thread below Wink

rovacat

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 9:12 am
call an exterminator right away. and do research. they are not easy animals to get rid of.

silbergirl

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 11:19 am
I'd scream for joy Smile Smile Smile

I used to have pet rats (fancy rats) actually for a few years. Even after I became frum. Awesome little critters, look like hamsters with a tail. Very clean, smart and sociable. I loved them. Smile

Nothing to do with wild rats, though. Its like a chiahuahua dog and a wolf.... a wild rat is something different....not too pleasant to have it in the house.

pet rat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSmKuCHoO_s (not mine, though)

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 11:52 am
Domesticated, captive bred rats make lovely pets. I cried when my babies died.

Norway rats, not so much. Currently, my house is completely infested with them. B'H they don't come up in our living area, but they have colonized both the attic and the crawl space. The exterminator gave the landlord an estimate of $5,000 to insure that they were gone, because there's so much dry rot in the house that they are tunneling through all over the place.

The little beasties are chewing the wires under my dishwasher, and I've had to have it repaired 5 times in the last 4 years. ($175 service call each time.) I LOVE my dishwasher! Mad If they chewed anything else I think I could forgive them, but not that.

I feel bad for the critters, and I don't begrudge them a life outdoors, but when they come inside, all bets are off. I feel bad for getting them killed, but they are a serious health hazard.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 12:15 pm
There was a foot-long rat on my FACE at night while I was asleep in my BED with my 18 month old sleeping next to me! I made a thread about it here.

We put tons of traps out. The glue traps were a fun toy, she dragged them to the basement and ate the bait. She ate three cubes of poison before we found her dead. (Thank G-d she didn't die in the wall.)

Here I found it: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....t=rat

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 12:17 pm
CALL AN EXTERMINATOR

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 12:23 pm
If I found evidence of rats outside the house, I'd call the city. Baltimore has a rat extermination program. Inside the house I'd call an exterminator. Yesterday.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets