Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
What to Wear on Chol Ha'Moed
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:20 pm
if you wear your shabbos robe on chol hamoed you won't have it for yomtov. you can't wash it, remem,ber.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:53 pm
SaraG wrote:
if you wear your shabbos robe on chol hamoed you won't have it for yomtov. you can't wash it, remem,ber.

I don't wear a robe much so it stays pretty fresh. Also in Israel we usually have some warm days and some cool on chol hamoed, both Pesach and Sukkos which means I can use both my winter and summer robes (and Shabbos clothes). An idea I just had is next time I buy a new Shabbos robe to keep the older one for chol hamoed and not weekday.
Yes, we wear Shabbos clothes during chol hamoed too. You are allowed to wash a stain off. I also keep one item fresh for the last day (here only one last day) and the other clothes I wear for 2-3 days each (like I said usually here I can wear both summer and winter)

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 4:31 pm
SaraG wrote:

robe? in the singular? shock

there are robes in all price ranges and boruch Hashem, over the years I have accumulated many Shabbos robes, for summer and for winter

Motek

Post Sun, Oct 01 2006, 2:45 pm
chol ha'moed coming up again! Smile

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 01 2006, 3:11 pm
So motek what will you wear this year Tongue Out
Me the same rule as above applys .
Though I have a couple more this time to preserve for chol hamoed Wink

ShiraMiri

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 9:26 pm
I try to dress up a bit more than during a regular week, but I don't wear shabbos clothes and I always wear comfortable shoes. There have been so many times when I have seen women teetering on gravel at the zoo in high heels chasing toddlers, or pedaling a 6 person bicycle by the lake with heels, a suit and their sheitle almost flying off by the beach breeze. I admire their dedication, but as long as I am taking little kids on field trips, I need to dress more like a morah (mommy) than a glamorous gal going to a simcha.

mom3boys

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 4:06 pm
I have 3 boy (b'yh), After 2 days of Yom Tov I am out of shabbos clothes, not to mention that my boys are not very gentle on their pants. What do you ladies do? Laundry every night? But what about not doing laundry? Today I put jeans on my kids and felt bad since their peers are dressed up.

Tovah

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 8:08 pm
we dress in nicer clothing not jeans

shopaholic

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 8:31 am
Round here mostly everyone dresses in regular weekday clothes.

brooklyn

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 8:38 am
momof3 wrote:

Same here.

brooklyn

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 8:39 am
momof3 wrote:

Same here.

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:01 pm
my kids have school so school uniform.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:25 pm
I think it might depend on how nice your weekday clothing is, and what you're doing.

I'm in the office, so I wear my better outfits; like something I used to wear for Shabbos or what I put away for Rosh Chodesh. I don't have that many things, though.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:59 pm
everyday clothing... Shabbos clothing during the week would make my kids think I am going on a date or something.. LOL

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 7:36 pm
brooklyn wrote:
momof3 wrote:

Same here.

here too

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 7:42 pm
my kids aren't wearing shabbos clothing but I haven't put jeans on them. I am doing thier laundry since I don't have a ton of clothing for them. I am trying to dress them and my self and little more nicer than a regular weekday just not exactly shabbos.

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 7:57 pm
I'm home all day this week as usual cuz DH has to work his regular schedule, so I cant be bothered getting dressed up...and DD's in jeans, cuz how else can a toddler dig in the dirt, explore and have fun? Wink

Motek

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 3:17 pm
time to think about this again..

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 5:27 pm
it's just thursday as a workday this year. many bus. are closed for "not good" friday.

sunday is erev yomtov.

withhumor

Post Sat, Mar 24 2007, 10:51 pm
My husband davens nice and long by his shul and comes home the same time like shabbos morning (about 12:30 – 1:130) and then we wash and have a regular seuda! Fish, soup, meat, the whole works. About 3’ish, we go out somewhere local because it’s late, like a park or something, and come home for supper. Chol hamoed we never go to extended fancy places. The kids know that we can take them anytime, not on Chol hamoed when my husband wears his Shabbos clothing, a Chassidic levush, and my son is onto his umpteenth white shirt, girls with shabbos shoes… it’s a pain to go to Bronx zoo like that!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics