Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Lamb Chops that can be rewarmed on hotplate

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 12:37 am
I have a pack of small lamb chops that I would like to cook for yom tov. I will probably serve them shemini atzeres by day, so I want to cook them tomorrow and rewarm them before the seuda, as I probably will only have my hotplate on. Any recipes that will taste good, and not be dried out or tough? (no weird ingredients please)
Thanks a ton!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 12:45 am
I would either make it fresh.

or marinate in garlic, olive oil and coarse salt overnight, then cook gently with sauteed onions and water to almost but not quite cover. and reheat on hotplate

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 12:58 am
ra_mom wrote:

or marinate in garlic, olive oil and coarse salt overnight, then cook gently with sauteed onions and water to almost but not quite cover. and reheat on hotplate

Sounds good! cook for how long? Can I use regular salt or should I call my husband to bring me home some coarse salt?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 1:05 am
Rosemarie wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Sounds good! cook for how long? Can I use regular salt or should I call my husband to bring me home some coarse salt?
Don't cook it too long. Especially if reheating on YT.
For 1 lb., I would place the marinated meat over sauteed onions on a teeny tiny flame, with no liquid, and allow it to just change color, but not actually brown the meat, for 30 minutes. Then add water to almost cover. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, and simmer another 30 minutes.

(for 2 lbs., double the cooking times.)

You can use regular salt.

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 2:00 am
Thanks a million! going to put it up to marinate right now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus