Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Have you ever bought a sheitel online?

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 11:54 am
Were you happy with it? Was it how you expected? Did it come with a return guarantee?

ewa-jo

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 12:11 pm
Only synthetic ones.... it turned out very well. AFAIK, I couldn't return it. I'm a good online shopper, though... I buy clothes, shoes, bras...etc online all the time.

I like 'Forever Young' brand wigs.

shoeboxgirly

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 12:46 pm
Yes, sometimes it works, sometimes it goes wrong. I would say if you see a real bargain online and can afford the potential loss then gamble, but else, not to.

I just got a super beautiful one online (not synthetic) for very much in my budget, but I need to find a good sheitel macher because one side is slightly heavier than the other and needs a bit of thinning before I'll be completely happy with it.

Saying that, I'm a real bargain online gambler...all my furniture was bought before trying it out, my wedding dress was bought online and altered to the perfect fit and I'd decided I wanted the house I live in by two pictures I saw online (I did actually view the house before buying).

I'm not completely crazy, sometimes it doesn't work out, then if I can't do a return I'll resell at a loss on ebay, because getting some money back is better than none at all. This is not a stress-free way to shop so that is something to take in to consideration too.

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 7:28 pm
Well, I went ahead and ordered a sheitel online. It was 1/3 of the original price and the hair was 100% unprocessed European hair. It was from a well-known brand and had a 3 day full refund return policy, so I decided it was worth the gamble since if it wasn't right, they said I could mail it back or bring it to the showroom within 3 days for a full refund.

I was concerned that it might not fit or the color (I'm blond) would be off. They told me to measure for the size and go by the color description.

I was pleasantly surprised that it fit perfectly and the color was also just right Smile

The only thing needing adjustment was the bottom of the sheitel (a trim was in order to even it out) and it came without a comb/clips to keep it in place. They said I could stop by the showroom to pick up the clips at no extra charge. I did.

In all, I'm very happy with this online purchase!

Shore

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 7:41 pm
Care to share which site you bought it from please? I'm looking into a new shaitel as well and would love to save some $$

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 7:53 pm
Here: Freeda has a 'discontinued wigs' page.

Frumom

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 8:43 pm
I bought one from yaffa wigs outlet. Great price and I love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels