Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you clean these tights!!!!!!

lucy

Post Sun, Apr 03 2005, 1:05 pm
My oldest daughter outdoes herself each day on how dirty she can get her tights! BH she's having fun getting them dirty, but how do you get the stains out!AHHHHHH
I find when you wash in warm water they end up looking old and bolly quickly. Any stain remover suggestions?

BlumaG

Post Sun, Apr 03 2005, 4:43 pm
try zout or oxyclean, both work v well, I was cleaning a pair of cream tights with mud on them n zout mostly took out hte stain, maybe let it soak in the cleaner for 5 minutes good luck
ps buy black tights Smile

queenie

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 5:12 pm
OXY - it's the best. You can use it on any colour. There was an entire thread devoted to this once before. But soak the clothes in hot water and oxy and leave it there for at least two days. Any colour should come out looking fresh. You can use it to get out stains on baby undershirts when certain things "leak out." That's what I first used it for.

As for tights becoming pilly, that shouldn't happen to a decent pair and I would take them back if it does. That has never happened to me. But, on a couple of cheaper sweaters I simply took a real ladies razor and shaved off the little pills. Try it.

lucy

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 7:04 pm
Thanks I used to use zout, but can't find it in the stores anymore!

BLumaG:ps buy black tights
My daughters legs are so skinny that wearing black they would look like two lines!hahahahaha

daisy

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 10:27 am
I don't have any great suggestions for the stains, can never get them totally clean; however, air drying should help longevity and reduce pilling.

happymom

Post Wed, May 18 2005, 6:51 am
Tights just have that problem, no matter what you try they are not totally clean.. thats why I know some people who don't buy expensive ones and when they get dirty after a couple times wearing them, they throw them away and buy new ones(like stockings)

lucky

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 9:26 pm
The stains on white tights DON'T come off. Ive tried everything. you just wthrow it away when it doesnt look wearable anymore.
BTW by that time they have runs and holes anyway. Air drying dark colored tights does help keep them soft and the colors dont fade.

Tefila

Post Fri, May 20 2005, 1:46 am
Once white is no longer classified as white try to dye them. If they are cotton or wool 4 sure it will work. I do that constantly w/h my boys shirts etc since why throw it out if still in good shape and trust me everyone thinks I bought new!!

lucky

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 8:17 pm
How do you dye shirts? My boys stain theirs beyond recognition.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry