Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Innocent smoothie

elaela

Post Thu, Jul 14 2011, 4:56 am
hi
they sell "innocent" smoothies made in the uk in our local supermarkets. someone told me that those without grapes are kosher. however I dont know where to look this up.
does anyone know whether or not one may consume them?
apparently everyone agrees that they are delicious and because there is such a tiny choice of kosher stuff in regular stores any new item is helpful!!!
thank you for your replies
Smile

birdie27

Post Thu, Jul 14 2011, 6:27 am
Hi

None of the innocent smoothies from the UK are kosher

You can check at this link - do a search for 'innocent'

http://www.theus.org.uk/jewish.....arch/

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Jul 14 2011, 7:07 pm
London Beth Din EXPLICITLY says innocent smoothies are NOT kosher. Some (though not all) varieties use grapes. Since smoothies use pulp, machines are impossible to clean completely so I was told.

elaela

Post Fri, Jul 15 2011, 5:28 am
hi
thank you for your replies.
its a shame cos they seem to be delicious. so after I read the answers I bought fresh fruit and mashed it with a drop of orange juice and guess what- IT WAS DELICIOUS (and cheaper )!!!! my new fav drink Smile
im always looking for new kosher stuff in regular stores cos the kosher stores are soooo expencive, unfortunately this time I had no luck. may nothing worse happen to anyone Smile
all the best and have a git shabbos!!!
a

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 5:30 pm
Anyone know if the innocent pure orange juice is kosher??? The ingredients are oranges only so how can it not be kosher??

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 5:33 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Anyone know if the innocent pure orange juice is kosher??? The ingredients are oranges only so how can it not be kosher??
If they use the same equipment as other products and it's not cleaned properly in between then that can be a kashrus issue.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 5:41 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

No, they are not kosher.

Surprising, I know, but this is as per London Beis Din.

I wonder how this transfers to other smoothies/juices. Since the prohibition on Innocent came out I've become wary of other brands as well and no longer know what is/isn't allowed.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 5:50 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

I had heard because they're heated (pasteurized?) and the same equipment is used for ones with non kosher ingredients (grapes, yoghurt,...) Cold pressed drinks are generally fine if ingredients are ok but these aren't cold pressed.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:07 pm
elaela wrote:
hi
thank you for your replies.
its a shame cos they seem to be delicious. so after I read the answers I bought fresh fruit and mashed it with a drop of orange juice and guess what- IT WAS DELICIOUS (and cheaper )!!!! my new fav drink Smile
im always looking for new kosher stuff in regular stores cos the kosher stores are soooo expencive, unfortunately this time I had no luck. may nothing worse happen to anyone Smile
all the best and have a git shabbos!!!
a

What fresh fruit did you mash? I know this was a while ago but it still sounds delicious
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen