Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Terri Schiavo
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Leagal Eagal

Post Tue, Mar 29 2005, 7:22 pm
She can survive for this long because from a nutrtitional point of view, she has been in top form these past 15 years. She has been getting daily physical therapy, the proper amount of calories, and adequate hydration. So not only is she in the best nutritional shape possible, but she is also not moving alot so her body has plenty of storage. And as time passes, her systems are slowing down and her body stops needing food. She also loses the sensations of hunger and thirst, according to an article I read in Newsweek or Us News, I forget which it was.
I think it's very sad that they are letting her die, because she is too alive to kill. Even if her quality of life is non existent, she is still alive and who are we to determine at which point the lack of a quality life supercedes the right to live?

deedee

Post Wed, Mar 30 2005, 10:22 am
Jewish perspectives on living wills and issues regarding nutrition and hydration in the terminally ill patient.

http://www.aish.com/societyWor.....s.asp

proudmom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2005, 1:17 pm
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7293186/

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 30 2005, 1:54 pm
Quote:
On Tuesday, Mary Schindler made a terse but emotional appeal to Michael Schiavo: "Michael and Jodi, you have your own children. Please, please give my child back to me." Michael Schiavo and fiancee Jodi Centonze have two children, born long after Terri Schiavo's collapse

From that link above! Oh I hope they do something fast!!!!!

proudmom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2005, 3:01 pm
http://abstractappeal.com/schi.....rview

stem

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 7:12 am
Foxnews.com: Terri Schiavo died Thursday morning around 10 a.m. EST after her parents had plead with her husband Michael Schiavo to allow them to be at their brain-damaged daughter's bedside in her final hours, a spokesman for the family said.

proudmom

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 7:34 am
so sad Sad

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 8:01 am
tragic Exploding anger

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 9:58 am
I am wondering how it happend so quickly, just after her parents heartfelt plea and appeals court willing to reasses shock Crying

amother

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 10:06 am
baruch dayan ha'emes

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 10:10 am
Very sad. Hopefully her parents can take some comfort (small though it may be) knowing they did what they could for her.

motheroftwo

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 10:16 am
freilich it didn't happen so quickly. It was exactly 2 weeks since the feeding tube was removed.

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 10:18 am
I still am unsure about this, am I the only skeptical one Confused

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 10:19 am
this entire story is soooo weired

I am not sure if we will ever find out the truth

stem

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 11:01 am
What exactly are you skeptical about??
The woman was starving and dehydrating for two weeks. She finally succumbed. Her parents were not allowed to see her till she was already dead.
A judge agreed to review the case yesterday, but almost immidiately denied any chances of an appeal for the reinsertion of her feeding tube. The story sounds so strange because it's hard to believe that it's true!! The fact that it's true and happening here in the US in 2005 is the most tragic and scary part about the whole story.

deedee

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 12:49 pm
hopefully good will come of this situation and it will never be able to happen again!!
at least now she can rest in peace.

timeout

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 1:46 pm
I'm speaking to my sil and she said Terry got sick from an eating disorder is that true?

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 1:47 pm
Quote:
and she said Terry got sick from an eating disorder is that true?

Supposedly Confused

timeout

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 1:52 pm
That just shows you how important it is to show you're children a good self image and how careful u have to when talking about diets and weight!

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 31 2005, 2:09 pm
There's atchually a thread now on this in 'opinions'. 'how far will we go'- by lucy
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics