Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Terri Schiavo
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

deedee

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 3:20 pm
very cute fre Wink
I'm not into whats going on in the news so never check these threads but saw this one kept comming up and thought it might be about this....

Quote:
Warning that Terri Schiavo is "fading quickly," her parents begged a federal appeals court Tuesday to order the severely brain-damaged woman's feeding tube reinserted while they pursue claims that her rights are being violated.

Crying
they mention the importance of a living will cause of this case.

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 3:24 pm
Deedee where did you read this shock

Sunshine

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:01 pm
Freilich it is all over the news! It is a long story but here is a summery. There is a lady, Terri Schiavo, that is brain dammaged- not brain dead and she is breathing on her own - and she was on a feeding tube. Dr. say she has no chance to recover. Her husband, a mean and horrible man, said she would want the feeding tube taken out and wouldn't want to prolong a painful life. Removing the feeding tube would kill her in a slow and painful way of starvation-approx 2 weeks of starvation till she will die. He refuses to divorce her. Her parents want him to divorce her and to keep her on the feeding tubes and want to pay for her med expenses but he refuses to do so. BTW her "husband" has a girldfriend which he had 2 kids with. She was taken off the feeding tube and it is now in the courts of Atlanta and if her parents don't win they will take it to the US supreme court which refused twice to dedal with it.

proudmom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:21 pm
here it is

http://www.reuters.com/newsArt.....76162

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 6:06 pm
shock Thank-Goodness I don't know whats going on.

Sunshine

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 7:29 pm
Freilich I know it is a crazy world out there and this story may not have much of an impact on you but think for a sec, what if she were jewish? we would all hopefully take action and hope we were all heard and not let a yid be murdered in such a horrible way. So just cause she is a [gentile] an innocent lady deserves to die? Also out of this whole court case will come new laws that will maybe, CVS, eventually be used in cases with jews so it really does affect us. I mean who decides if the quality (productivity) of ones life is worth living? Only Hashem can and by Hashem keeping her alive it is a clear message that she is meant to live. I know of Special children who can't feed themselves and have major physical challenges. Should we G-d forbid say that their life is worth nothing and with all of their challenges there isn't anything to enjoy and they have lots of pain so don't feed them when it will auto cause them to pass away CVS. The article that was posted doesn't really show the true colors of her "husband," so I will post one that does. He is a real rushu. When I posted the other time I didn't know how aware of things Terri is. The ppl that are wanting her to die make it sound like she doesn't understand a thing of what is going on and can't feel anything. This is simply not true! After doing some research on this I found the following links. I found an audio of her but didn't post it as it is stomach turning. I almost threw up and couldn't listen to more than a few sec of it. Her father is talking to her and she is responding (of course you can't understand what she is saying).

http://cogforlife.org/schiavoweller.htm

http://www.cogforlife.org/iyertestimony.htm

roza

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 7:45 pm
these videos show how much the lady is alive:
http://hyscience.typepad.com/h......html

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 7:54 pm
even if they choose to kill her, they should do it in a human way!!
EVEN DOGS R PUT TO SLEEP in a painless manner!!

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 7:56 pm
Quote:
9. Throughout my time at Palm Gardens, Michael Schiavo was focused on Terri's death. Michael would say "When is she going to die?," "Has she died yet?" and "When is that ****** gonna die?"

and
Quote:
Terri is alone now. As I write this last visit narrative, it is five in the morning of March 19. Terri has been without food and water for nearly 17 hours. I’m sure she is beginning at least become thirsty, if not hungry. And I am left to wonder how many other people care

And this is a America the land of the Free Question Free to be cruel Exclamation Exclamation

Crying Crying Crying Hashem please help!! Crying Crying Crying

deedee

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 8:52 pm
sorry freilich I guess I turned your topic into what I thought it was-and not a happy one at that Sad

Sunshine

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 9:57 pm
I don't know how to do this but maybe we can take all the posts about Terri and start a new thred.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 11:02 pm
I can't read this kind of stuff - it makes me litterally sick.
Could somebody just let us know about the happy end pls?

micki

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 11:14 pm
you know there is another spin on this.
why do you htink that her parents want her husband to divorce her?

not many know this but there is a million dollar settlement on the event of her death. apparantly her condition was caused by an undiagnosed chemicl imbalance. the family sued and the legal guardians get a million dollars.

so hubby wants to stay married so he can get the money- and he wants her dead too.
the family obviously want her alive- they want to be her gurdians, but in the event of her death, they get the money.

so put the parents to the real test. lets see if they will sign over the million and agree that the hubby could get the money anyway this way they have their daughter which is really what they want, right?

personally I don't understand the way the system works. parents bear the child, raise it and care for it. then along comes a stranger who suddenly has the right to decide what is best for some couples child! I think guarianship should be joint, with the parents of the child in question getting right of way in case of a dispute.
but in this lady's case it all about who gets the money.
very sad and cruel.

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Mar 23 2005, 12:02 am
Had no idea about it!

I think none of them should have the $ - this will clearly show the tru colours of them all.

The husband is a murderer - he shoudl be taken to the court 4 this, even if she dies, and according to the law the murderer cannot benefit.

I would also think that an investigation shoudl be done aobut how she got so sick.

Parents - well, I hope they're sincere.

Only $ for her care should be taken out of the million & the rest given to a worthy cause.

This will show everybody's tru colours!

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 23 2005, 3:22 am
Sunshine wrote:
I know of Special children who can't feed themselves and have major physical challenges. Should we G-d forbid say that their life is worth nothing and with all of their challenges there isn't anything to enjoy and they have lots of pain so don't feed them when it will auto cause them to pass away CVS.

Did you know that there is an effort underway in the Netherlands to do just this? To put to death children who are born with defects that the doctors say will cause their lives to be painful and "not worth living"? One of the conditions that these doctors describe in this way is severe spina bifida, nothwithstanding the fact that there are people with this level of disorder who have gone to live full, long and productive lives. (And besides, who are we to decide what quality of life is worth living?) The Netherlands also began with a euthanasia law a couple of years ago, and they are already well down the slippery slope to legalized murder.

This case is something that really has to be fought in order to prevent the US from turning into such a country.

AweSumThenSum

Post Wed, Mar 23 2005, 7:57 am
I think each side has their own agenda, and in my opinion, terry is too much alive for her to be killed like this. this is also why it is vital for each and every one of us to have a living will. I work for an attorney, and I cant impress upon u the importance of having a living will. HOWEVER, u must specify in the living will these exact words ANYTHING HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY NOT WITHSTANDING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL NUTRITION AND HYDRATION BE WITHHELD. these words make the living will halachically acceptable. if anyone is interested in the living will form, please pm me and I will email it to you FREE OF CHARGE. all you haveto do it sign it before two witnesses and preferably a notary public. may we never need it!!

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 23 2005, 9:12 am
just to add facts to the Terri Schiavo story that others might not have heard:

the police report says that when Terri was first found unconcious on the floor and the police were summoned, they treated it as a homicide!

Terri had just told her parents the night before that shes leaving Michael, they begged her not to go home that night. she went home anyway, and next morning was found unresponsive on the floor.

the nurse who treated Terri for a year testified: Michael was in Terri's room alone with the door shut for about 20 minutes. when he came out Terri was sweating, crying, and lethargic. the Nurse checked her blood sugar and it was barely a number, it was so low. then she noticed an empty vial of insulin concealed in the garbage can, and injection marks on Terri in 3 places.
the Nurse called the police, told the heads of the hospital what had happened including the fact that she called the police. the heads were furious and the next day the Nurse was fired.
there is a huge conspiracy going on in florida to kill Terri. it includes judges, lawyers, the hospital, and Michael of course.

This is what Nazi Germany did: legalized killings. it was all legal through the court system that the people believed in. if we dont stop it, America, the Netherlands, and other "free countries" will end up like Nazi Germany.

1stimer

Post Wed, Mar 23 2005, 9:14 am
Quote:
there is a huge conspiracy going on in florida to kill Terri. it includes judges, lawyers, the hospital, and Michael of course.

why? michael I czn understand but the others?

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 23 2005, 9:24 am
1st timer b/c there theory is she is a burden on society as far as energy, time and money for someone who they feel will be no use to society or herself. shock Crying Why not focus on people who can get better and be useful members to society.
RG right thats how nazi germany philosophised their legalized killing. Exclamation

Remember it starts this way and then b/comes rampant murder!

Some societys acc to the book think jewish by Aryeh Kaplan believed in killing their aged for same reasons, and they even attempt to add rationale to their theory b/c then how can anyone refute them or call them murderers Mad Mad Mad Mad

Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 23 2005, 9:57 am
RG - good to see you!

I can't believe what you wrote there, you are right, here we don't hear that. They just said it's a comatous woman, not a lot of details....

it's an awful awful story - she lo nedah
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics