Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Big Sister's Watching You!!!!!
1  2  3  4  Next

technic

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 7:28 pm
I LOVE this site and have no objection 2 the new guidelines - and I think its prob a good idea to outline what is the boundaries are on here so that we all know - but is it REALLY necessary 2 have a "report post 2 administrator" link in every post? - it doesnt feel v user friendly Sad ...AND I had 2 totally harmless posts deleted in the general chatting thread 2day, I cannot fathom why, and if its bcos they werent particularly deep and meaningful, isnt that what the general chatting thread is abt???!!!...at the moment im still addicted but its starting 2 feel a little bit 2 "policed" - anyone else feel this way Question

deedee

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 7:36 pm
ya I was just thinking that it feels kinda weird. what happens if I accidentially click on someones post I will feel so bad if it gets deleted!

roza

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 7:47 pm
deedee wrote:
what happens if I accidentially click on someones post I will feel so bad if it gets deleted!

try clicking - you will see what will happen LOL
you will still need to write a complaint.

roza

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 7:49 pm
I think ppl will get used to the 'report ..' thingy
many forums have it. but they have it as Exclamation icon

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 10:28 pm
feels like a watchdog is ready....

I think good old button on the left was sufficient -
Just include link to the thread, thread name, poster name & time/date posted.

Enough info to find th epost!!

Ozmom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 2:00 am
I think Yael was having a problem that some threads would spiral out of control b4 she got told about them and this just makes her job alot easier.
Honestly c'mon you will all get used to it, its fine and if it makes someone think twice b4 they post some potentially volatile material then so be it

hisorerus

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 2:17 am
It's SO much easier to report a bad/inappropriate/needs-to-be-edited post when there's a link right there. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother, too much work.

You can ignore it, the same way you end up skimming over everyone's signatures after a while.

technic

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 3:29 am
ok the mere fact that this thread wasnt deleted makes me feel better!!! ...I just wanted 2 feel that this forum is somewhere where we can be free 2 express ourselves - within reason and decency of course - and im more convinced of that now...long may it last Very Happy

sarahd

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 3:32 am
I hate to say it, but it makes me feel like I'm living in Soviet Russia, with people being encourage to tattle on me if I say one word out of turn. But as you say, we will probably get used to it eventually. They got used to being informed on in Russia too.

technic

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 3:34 am
but then came glasnost and look at russia now - is everyone on here going 2 end up w burly bodyguards, badly bleached blonde hair and a mafia-connected husband??? Wink

sarahd

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 3:51 am
Well, those people have gold-plated water taps too.

technic

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 4:23 am
well I hope they have maids 2 polish them - some anti-hsewrk guru over here once said "lifes 2 short 2 stuff a mushroom", and im inclined 2 agree w her Exclamation

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 4:51 am
[
Quote:
quote="technic"]...I just wanted 2 feel that this forum is somewhere where we can be free 2 express ourselves - within reason and decency of course -
[/quote]

I am with you on that, technic!

but I must say, I am also with sarahd on this:
Quote:
with people being encourage to tattle on me if I say one word out of turn.

we're all grown ups, aren't we? can't we just be a little more tolerant towards eachother? it would be a shame if this turns into a completely controlled forum.....I can understand yael for inserting that option, cause otherwise it's turning into a full time job for her, keeping track...
but it's a pitty it came this far, and it's even more regretful that some mothers left the forum because of what happened here last week......

Ozmom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:06 am
some anti-hsewrk guru over here once said "lifes 2 short 2 stuff a mushroom
ahh but have you ever had a mushroom stuffed with cheese and tomatoe and grilled?
Its yuuuuummm

technic

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:23 am
pearl I agree Smile

technic

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:25 am
ozmom those mushrooms sound sublime but I smell a rat(atouille?)...r u just trying 2 find ways 2 keep me busy off here so that u get more posts Question

Ozmom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:31 am
oops I bolded it instead of quoting it.

nah tech its ok you can pass me up, I'm not in the race. Just in a wierd mood as usual

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:32 am
hey Oz, in stead of making us long for something we can't get right now (don't forget, I'm in an office, no where near a kosher kitchen Exploding anger ), why not post something re the tittle and subject of this thread?

Ozmom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:37 am
ahhh but I did already

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 5:39 am
indeed, you did.....shame on me embarrassed
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics