Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Croup – this works for us

withhumor

Post Fri, Oct 06 2006, 8:58 am
I have two children that get croup every year when the weather changes. I’ve tried the humidifier, the decodrine… the works. What usually happens is that if I don’t ‘know’ the first tonight that they have croup, I lost out on the humidifier for that night and then they land in the emergency room. About a year ago, I was told to try liquid ‘pantothenic acid”. It’s clear, has no taste, smell , or color. The kids take it without a struggle. It’s a combination of vitamins B’s and essential fatty acids, so my pediatrician says it makes sense. 2 Tablespoons once or twice a day for a 6 yr old, (teaspoons for a one year old). I tell you, this is magic. I hope I can help another soul out there! This is great for kids that have green runny noses and coughs all the time.

sarale

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 8:17 pm
where can I get that? My son has an annoying cough for weeks, and nothing is helping...
Please letme know which shop it was bought in, and I willgetsomeone to send it to me.
Thanks a ton!

Squash

Post Wed, Nov 07 2007, 3:29 am
I imagine any health food store would have it. Maxihealth also makes something called "panto C" which I'm assuming is the pantothenic plus vitamin C.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Nov 07 2007, 6:27 am
I found some on Google

P.S. we are now using the kosher one and it works fine too but the taste is not as good.

http://www.google.com/products.....ab=wf

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 07 2007, 7:27 am
Just a note: if it's getting so bad that you think you need to go to the ER, open the freezer holding your child. The freezing cold air usually helps to open up the airways. That's why many times, by the time the child gets to the hospital he's doing better; the cold winter weather helps tremendously.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics