Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Boruch Dayan Emes

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 11:15 am
R' Michoel Teitelbaum has passed away.

he is the founder of Oholei Torah.

Last edited by gryp on Thu, Mar 17 2005, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 11:16 am
BORUCH DAYAN HAEMES - RABBI MICHOEL TEITELBAUM OBM
With sadness we inform you of the passing on Thursday morning, of HaRav HaChossid, HaMenahel and Meyased of Oholei Torah, Meziknei Anash, Rabbi Michoel Teitelbaum OBM @ age 93.

Rabbi Teitelbaum was Moser Nefesh for the Mikvah and community in East Flatbush holding strong to ensure that his Shul Cong. Bnai Avrohom remained opened and held Minyonim although nearly all the Jews had moved away.

The Levaya will be held today-Thursday, leaving Shomrei Hadas @ lerech 1:00pm and passing by 770 @ lerech 1:30pm.

Hamokom Yenachem eschem Besoch Shaar Avaylay Tzion VeYerushalayim. Vehukeetzu Veranenu Shochnay Ufur vehu besochom!

(shmais.com)

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 11:40 am
from another thread on this forum (by Motek) about R' Michoel Teitelbaum:

Quote:
Tomchei Tmimim, the first Lub. yeshiva in Cr. Hts. had and has secular studies, and the Rebbe gave it his blessings too. Again, this doesn't contradict the fact that the Rebbe pleaded that his Chasidim not give their children a secular education. One person, Rabbi Michoel Teitelbaum, rose to the occasion and started a yeshiva with no secular studies, which pleased the Rebbe greatly.

from chabadnick.com: (recent picture in the link)
http://www.chabadnik.com/eng/I.....10543
Quote:
It is with grief and deep sadness that we announce the passing away of Rabbi Michoel Teitelbaum, the founder and principal of Oholei Torah. Reb Michoel was born 1912 and had great mesirus nefesh in establishing Talmud Torahs in the former Soviet Union.

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 12:13 pm
Boruch Dayan Emes Crying

amother

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 1:26 pm
I worked in Oholie Menachem for many years- on east Flatbush and on Eastern Pwky.

He moved into East Flatbush when he couldn't live in his house- he had a room in the shul with an attendent. He was diffenetely a BIG tzaddik and his wife is a BIG tzadiekes too (may she live and be well till 180).

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 1:45 pm
do you happen to know his wife's (Esther) maiden name?

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 2:39 pm
I hear there are buses and buses packed with Oholei Torah students leaving to the cemetary.

gryp

Post Fri, Mar 18 2005, 9:05 am
Hundreds at the funeral. link has pictures.
http://www.chabadnik.com/eng/I.....10557
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics