Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Welcome to THE coolest Frum fashion and lifestyle blog!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

sharonlangert

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 4:55 pm
Hi everyone I would love to welcome you all to take a look and follow my visually inspiring tznius fashion and lifestyle blog for the refined Jewish woman and her beautiful life. I feature tznius fashion, modest runway looks, how to put together outfits without spending a fortune, floral and home decor ideas and a peak into my life as a mother of 5, volunteer event designer for my local Hatzolah and kids' schools, interior designer, and tznius clothing designer.

I love meeting other fabulous women so check it out!

Follow my blog: http://www.fashion-isha.com/
Like 'fashion-isha' on facebook for daily 'divine and refined looks', great deals, home/floral decor tips and giveaways. http://www.facebook.com/pages/.....59545

Looking forward to saying hi!

xo
Sharon

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 5:42 pm
IMHO the clothing shown is much too tight to be considered tsniyusdik.

shlomitsmum

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 5:46 pm
Nice blog!

why was it reported shock ,she is not selling anything people Rolling Eyes

sharonlangert

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 5:54 pm
To OOTBubby: Today unfortunately people are falling by the wayside because they feel they cannot look beautiful and maintain the high pressures of opinions of what tznius should be. There are specific halochos to be followed and I live in Lakewood where the standards are super high and I am fully accepted and involved in the community here the way I dress. Many young girls need to see that you can be both fashion-able and follow the halochos and it's not all or nothing. Tznius is a beautiful aspect of a Jewish woman's life and should not always be negative and never good enough. But I do appreciate your comment.

Thank you shlomitsmum!!

Have a beautiful evening!

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 6:19 pm
I took one look and said "OMG I love it--you all look like the 'cool' girls in school who I still look at on FB and wonder 'how do they dress like that'?" Then I saw your "SHOP THE LOOK" link AND WAS SO HAPPY. SHARON--YOUR LINKS ARE GOING TO TURN ME INTO ONE OF THE COOL GIRLS. I LOVE IT!! :O)
(I especially love this one: http://www.fashion-isha.com/20......html)

xx,
Yocheved

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 6:27 pm
I like the blogger's style but it's clearly more Hot Chani than Modest Malka. Ya know, the skin tight shells and tight pencil skirt look with a lot of shiney fabrics and bling mixed in. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 6:51 pm
I also like the style of the blog but don't agree that it is all tznius. A lot of the clothes are too tight IMHO and in some pictures, the knees are clearly not covered. I'm ok with trendy though Smile

Another point - I want to see clothes on "normal" sized women! You look great, are thin and attractive but for those of us who are not thin and are not so "glam gal" we need inspiration too Smile

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 6:54 pm
lamplighter wrote:
I also like the style of the blog but don't agree that it is all tznius. A lot of the clothes are too tight IMHO and in some pictures, the knees are clearly not covered. I'm ok with trendy though Smile

Another point - I want to see clothes on "normal" sized women! You look great, are thin and attractive but for those of us who are not thin and are not so "glam gal" we need inspiration too Smile

I actually agree with Lamp's point. I tried looking, and realized that the 'cool girl' looks won't work on my size! Smile

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:03 pm
It's pretty stuff, but like the others said, not tznius. All tight, lots and lots of knees and I'm sorry, 6 inch Heels are NOT tznius. I don't care if they're covering your toes and you're wearing nude or black stockings, those are ridiculous.

And, you may represent Lakewood, but not the tznius Lakewood. More Hot Chanie, "modern" lakewood.

Chloe

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:04 pm
Are you kidding? You have a married daughter?! I was sure you're in your 20's or 30's. How about some tips on how you stay looking so young? Very Happy

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:09 pm
Love it!!!!

crush

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:36 pm
Omg, this blog is awesome! I love it!!! Great job.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:38 pm
I am a fat mother of 6. I would love to become a FASHION-ISHA, but nothing looks good on me. Can you please help me? Maybe give some tips for the plus size population. Perhaps find someone who you can use as a plus size model ?

batya_d

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:45 pm
Chloe wrote:
Are you kidding? You have a married daughter?! I was sure you're in your 20's or 30's. How about some tips on how you stay looking so young? Very Happy

Haha I thought the same thing, she has an adult daughter, wow stay cool mama Smile

http://www.bloglovin.com/m/252.....63/fb
(I'm not yet 30 and I'd kill to look this good LOL )

I love the blog, really great job. It must be so much work finding shopping links to everything you picture but that's a nice feature and some of the outfits are great.

Last edited by batya_d on Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:48 pm
I think the writer is clearly very beautiful and talented with a great eye for fashion and design. My biggest complaint is that so many trendy beautiful frum women end up on the hot chanie side of the tsnius spectrum. The heavily applied makeup and long flowing sheitel with the super high heels. The tight top with the tight bottom, even when regular style blogs say that's a no no. It's better than a plunging neckline but still not what I aim for. And the writer of the blog is only in a few pics so who knows what she looks like on a daily basis. I would assume not all dolled up for the carpool lane.

Actually maybe that would be interesting. A tsnius daily style blog. Is there anything like that out there where you could see someone's modest daily look?

Regarding looking youthful at that age...honestly I'm in my 30s and I still look like a 20 yr old. It's just good genes, not much effort. I hated looking like a ten yr old when I was a teenager and everyone said I would appreciate it when I was older. I guess I'm starting to. Smile

bgirl33

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 9:53 pm
There are two I follow- Modestly Fashioned, written by a MOdox machmir girl from Teaneck, and more modern All Tumble Down

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 10:01 pm
bgirl33 wrote:
There are two I follow- Modestly Fashioned, written by a MOdox machmir girl from Teaneck, and more modern All Tumble Down

The first girl is so cute! Thanks for posting those blogs! I love her style!

familyfirst

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 10:10 pm
beautiful blog! Love the recipes!

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 10:11 pm
lol and I love the second blog - she's so cute and original. If only I had the patience and knack for putting together such outfits. She may consider herself modern orthodox but I think she's dressed much more modestly than women I know in other circles. I think she has the "spirit of the law" down pretty well.

Chloe

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 10:15 pm
Quote:
honestly I'm in my 30s and I still look like a 20 yr old. It's just good genes, not much effort.

20's and early-mid 30's is not such a major difference. Smile At that age I usually cannot tell how old a person is.

I'm assuming OP is 40 or getting there. That is more of an age when you can start aging I think. So at that age to look 10 years younger is more of a big deal.

Last edited by Chloe on Wed, Jun 01 2011, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics