Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Sorry for by absense :)
1  2  Next

Liba

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 12:44 am
I am sure someone noticed that I was gone LOL

Well it seems we sold our house!

Our Nefesh B'Nefesh application is done!

Our aliya application is in process!

We send off our life and move IY"H May 25th to my inlaws.

We IY"H close on our house in chutz l'aretz on May 27th.

and the end of June, beginning of July bezras Hashem we arive in Eretz Hakodesh!!

Things are ke'h moving right along. Our house sold at the open house so all the decluttering and work were well spent.

There is still so much to do shock

I hope everyone is well!!

supermom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 12:55 am
mazal tov wishing you continued hatzlacha until the end. especially with all the packing and unpacking.

yehudis

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 1:02 am
Mazel tov! How exciting! Good luck with everything!

1stimer

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 8:39 am
wow! ur brave... LOL

but as they say here, u should have an easy yishuv

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 10:15 am
Quote:
I am sure someone noticed that I was gone

Yes liba I for one did Wink

Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 10:31 am
Liba, hatzlaha raba!! very challenging times ahead of you, for sure, iyh all will be well! hope you will keep us informed!
did you find a place to live in israel?

Liba

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 10:57 am
1stimer wrote:
wow! ur brave... LOL

but as they say here, u should have an easy yishuv

Thanks! Where are you? We will be IY"H in Beitar.

I guess you are brave too!!

We aren't as brave as it sounds, we have ke"h about as much family in Israel as the states at this point.

Liba

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 11:06 am
Pearl wrote:
Liba, hatzlaha raba!! very challenging times ahead of you, for sure, iyh all will be well! hope you will keep us informed!
did you find a place to live in israel?

Smile The stress is so much less with the BIG things taken care of. I can breathe a little easier without the worry of owning two houses LOL The lift won't be easy but it is just stuff. Hashem has gotten us through this far with this much mazel I don't have any fears right now.

We bought a house in Beitar a couple months back Smile http://webpages.charter.net/li......html and I am so excited to get there!!

I will be well!!

Thanks,

Liba

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 11:07 am
freilich wrote:
Quote:
I am sure someone noticed that I was gone

Yes liba I for one did Wink

Awwwww I feel loved Smile

Thanks!!

1stimer

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 11:20 am
we are in j'lm.

b/4 we came e/1 told us that we were brave - but it was only once we got here that we realised why ppl were saying it!

LOL Tongue Out LOL Twisted Evil Very Happy Smile LOL

Liba

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 12:24 pm
1stimer wrote:
we are in j'lm.

b/4 we came e/1 told us that we were brave - but it was only once we got here that we realised why ppl were saying it!

LOL Tongue Out LOL Twisted Evil Very Happy Smile LOL

shock Now what is that supposed to mean?? You are making me nervous!! LOL

1stimer

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 2:42 pm
well, both my hubby and I had never been to israel b4...

Motek

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 5:09 pm
wow, and you moved there sight unseen?!

what motivated you to do that?

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 1:53 pm
Motek wrote:
wow, and you moved there sight unseen?!

yes...

Quote:
what motivated you to do that?

prob that we had never been there yet... LOL seriously, because hubby felt that it was the next step for him in terms of his torah learning.

Liba

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 2:11 pm
1stimer wrote:
prob that we had never been there yet... LOL seriously, because hubby felt that it was the next step for him in terms of his torah learning.

I am impressed that you made the move for the sake of Torah. I am really sad that you feel that way about Eretz Yisroel though.

My DH spent 3 years learning in Yeshiva Torah Ohr in Yerushalayim before we got married and I have spent time in Eretz HaKodesh as well. We have grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, nieces and nephews there and all are so in love with the land and its kedusha that none would leave or talk badly about the land or their decision to live there.

I hope that no one reads your words and decides to stay in galus because of them.

I am sorry that you aren't happy! How long have you been in the holy land? Does your husband feel the same way? Why not leave if you are unhappy?

I hope things get easier for you!!

Rivka

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 4:19 pm
My husband went to Israel for Yeshivah too, but he said he could never live there coz then his kids will be Israeli. Israel is amazing, everyone who goes always comes back with amazing stuff, but it's different going there for a few years and actually living there. Israel is the holiest place, but because of that it is also potentially the most un-holy.
So I think it depends why one wants to go there.

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 4:38 pm
Quote:
I hope that no one reads your words and decides to stay in galus because of them

we are in galus in israel too.

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 4:43 pm
Quote:
Israel is the holiest place, but because of that it is also potentially the most un-holy.

u remind me of a story... one night I was in a taxi on the way home from work, I asked the driver, why the traffic. he said:

1. on meah shearim they are burning wigs and
2. on yaffo they are having a pro-gay-rights protest....

Rolling Eyes

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 4:45 pm
Quote:
and all are so in love with the land and its kedusha that none would leave or talk badly about the land or their decision to live there.

1. is there kedusha nowadays or does it only apply to when we are not ingalus?

2. land may b holy, but ppl?

3. the kedusha of ey is found in any beis medrash anywhere in world.

Liba

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 11:56 pm
"The settlement of the Land by the Jewish People is a positive commandment… which applies in every generation and obligates every one of us, even during the exile." The Ramban, Suplement to Book of Mitzvos, Positive Commandment #4

"Whoever lives in the Land of Israel is fulfilling the will of Hashem and is called a tzaddik, and Hashem loves him… and it is superfluous to note that anyone who speaks ill of the land or of its inhabitants is like the Meraglim (the Biblical Spies who grievously sinned)." Rabbi Moshe Hagiz, The Sfas Emes

"There is no joy other than in dwelling in the Land of Israel." The Ohr HaChaim, Parashas Ki Savo

"Dwelling in the Land of Israel is equal to all of the mitzvos." The Sifre, Parashas Re'eh 80

"HaShem gave the People of Israel three wonderful gifts — but none was given without suffering. They are: The Torah, Eretz Yisroel and the World-to-Come." Talmud, Berachos 5

"Whoever lives in the Land of Israel, and recites the Shema morning and evening and speaks the holy tongue is assured a place in the World-to-Come." Sifri, Ha'azinu 333

"In the Diaspora, whoever increases its settlement (by establishing a home, business, etc) adds to the destruction of the worship of Hashem. But in the Land of Israel this same work is considered a mitzvah since it settles the land." The Chasam Sofer, on the Talmud Sukka 36a and Yoreh Deah p. 136
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics