Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
What's your favorite Yom Tov?
Previous  1  2  3

What's Your Favorite Yom Tov?
Succos  
 29%  [ 17 ]
Simchas Torah  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Chanuka  
 29%  [ 17 ]
Purim  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Pesach  
 14%  [ 8 ]
Shavuos  
 17%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 57

stem

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 12:05 am
I think men have more of a reason to dance on simchas torah, they are the ones who were there to hear the Torah being read three times a week, and they are the ones who have a mitzva to learn. I do agree that if women feel left out, let them insist on having a place to dance with a mechitza. queenie - you can start a trend! Wink

I might get bashed for this, but personally, the whole ST scene is not to my taste, and would rather go home than watch the men dance (if you could call it that). Now that I have kids though, I love watching them have fun and seeing the impact it has on them.

supermom

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 5:28 am
I love simchat torah just don't like when you come home so late especially when you are starving as it is.
shavous is a drag it is only one day here so the men stay up all night and well by the time they come home from shul they go to sleep for a couple of hours then we eat. the men are drowsy all day. so no not fun at all.

Pearl

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 4:36 am
Quote:
queenie wrote:
I love shavous. The food is great and the weather is nice. We always have light meals, bagels and lox, sushi, gazpacho soup, and of course cherry chocolate cheesecake.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pearl

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 4:38 am
Quote:
Rivka wrote:
We get to aim the sweets at the men. Only fun though if the shul has a balcony for the women.

true Wink

supermom

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 5:43 am
rivka cute the higher the aim the better Very Happy

Tefila

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 8:40 am
Yea now is an excuse Rivka, to let all your frustration out at your hubby w/hout any raised eyebrows 8)

Motek

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 9:38 am
I never heard of men or women dancing on Shavuos!

re watching the men dancing ("if you can call it that" - whatever that's supposed to mean Confused ) - what was it like in the time of the Beis Ha'Mikdash during the Simchas Beis Ha'Sho'eiva (the Water Drawing Ceremony)? It was something to watch, and it says about it - "Whoever has not seen the rejoicing of the water-drawing has never in his life seen true joy!"

btw - how come, in the poll, only "Succos" is purple and the rest is yellow?

gryp

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 10:02 am
I see the Chanukah is a different color than the rest, maybe because its the most?

smile

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 3:19 pm
I never thought about which one I prefer but if I think, I would choose Succos. Just because it is different then all the others but not as much work as Pesach. All the other Yom Tov is not to much of different to Shabbos except the food. I just like that the household is different and therefor it gives me as well a feeling of Yom Tov.

hisorerus

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 6:32 pm
The one you voted on is a different color Very Happy

Try logging out and you'll see they're all the same.

baby's mom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 11:25 pm
RG wrote:
I see the Chanukah is a different color than the rest, maybe because its the most?

Now its the most Wink

Chanukah is my favorite. It's just FUN!! you eat jelly dougnuts YUM and you can still do things which are normally forbidden on other Yamim Tovim!

RivkaS

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 2:59 am
I always loved Shavuot best because of the flowers and the quiet in the Synagouge - where I grew up, only the "religious" people know what Shavuot was. When I got married I practically started to hate all chagim because my dh always is in stress and always find something to argue about and like this spoils every chag for me. Sad

Motek

Post Sun, Oct 01 2006, 11:26 am
only 47 people voted! vote! Smile

Zus

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:09 pm
I know this thread has been done before but the poll is closed [it's not closed-mod] and I wanted to include all the holidays/special days.

Whenever a holiday comes around, I think: "This one is my favorite!!!" LOL Every holiday has its special things that make it unique. But this holiday I truly love the most is Pesach. Maybe because of all the preparations that come with it, and *everything* is different. The house doesn't look the same! I love my pesach dishes, each and every single item. I also love that is has chol hamoed where we go out as a family and do fun stuff. And it marks the beginning of the BBQ season (summer)!!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:53 pm
I don't like Pessach! although I like the seders, and we are not the type to drive ourselves crazy about cleaning (our rav says not to), I used to starve so much, because Pessach food becomes boring after a few days! Now I married into an easier rite BH. Pessach was diet for me LOL

Purim is fun, but no one is disguised here, so I don't either and it's no fun. This year I think we're going to do it anyway, and see what happens.

Hanuka, I love!! the chocolate, the apple in honey, the presies LOL... my grandparents always send packages from Israel, decorations, chocolate coins...

I prefer when it's not a yomtov, so we can see what is done in other shuls.

Yom Kippur is not FUN, but it's really the holiest and is dear to my heart.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 9:03 am
I p[ut succos, but really like them all,

Rosh hashana and yom kippur I like because tesea re really holy days taht you can really connect with hashem.. I always used to feel this fear when elul comes around,

succos I love because it' so beatiful sitting in teh succah eating seudas and hearing everone singing from the succas, I also go out on trips and make bbq's and there is simchas beis hashoevas also.

simchas torah is even more special like teh clim@x when whe daven for rain and dance with teh sifrei torah and start the parsha again.. (in israel) I always feel so ki\nda strange from going from hakafas to serious davening for rain...

chanuka I like,

tu bishvat is laso nice,

shavuous is boring, everyone sleeps all day, I'd ratherbe home than il's I don't go to the kosel thoygh dh does,

purim I don't like.. I don't like teh drunkards etc and I can;t ghet the feeling tah like tey say purim is higher than yom kippur.. I feel that yom kippur is higher.

pesach is hard with te hpreps, it's stress ful but once it comes I really like it... I like my dishes, I love the seder and we go on trips...

rosh chodesh is special here.. the boys where white and blue and I give tghem special treats and lag beomer is alos nice with teh fire singing bar yochai...thou I don't go to meron.. we also made chalaka on lag beomer...

mimivan

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 9:07 am
rosh hashana...

because I truly feel it is a new start and time to clear the slate
I love the foods and the minhagim and the holiness of the day in addition to the tone of hopefulness

Yudit

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 9:54 am
I like pesach because the whole family is together.My house is spanking clean.I like the special pesach foods we make.New clothing for everyone.I also like all the other yom tovs.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 9:59 am
purim is FUN cause you share goodies and make l'chaims ... Drunken Smile Clown
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics