Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
What's your favorite Yom Tov?
1  2  3  Next

What's Your Favorite Yom Tov?
Succos  
 29%  [ 17 ]
Simchas Torah  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Chanuka  
 29%  [ 17 ]
Purim  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Pesach  
 14%  [ 8 ]
Shavuos  
 17%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 57

Motek

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 6:19 pm
what's your favorite and why?

mine is Succos

I just love sitting in the succa and do it as much as I can throughout the week. Favorite time - 1st night of Succos

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 6:31 pm
I dont have a favorite yomtov. I love each one with its special mitzvos, minhagim, tefillos, and the time we spend with family. each one is special to me and I look forward to each of them for different reasons.

motheroftwo

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 8:04 pm
I love pesach but then again in five years of marriage I've never made pesach on my own. Once I do I might change my mind. Smile

proudmom

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 8:12 pm
same here, I obnly made pesach once in 5 years. it was tough to do it

lucy

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 9:15 pm
I think it would really be a toss up btw sukkot and pesach, yet I haven't had to make pesach yet!

Sukkot it beautiful when the weather is pleasant and you sit in the sukkah, fabreng and eat!

I love the seder, wiuth everyones questions, and the children's involvement, saying mah nishtanah. & their excitement when they find the aficoman! Running around shull with bags of nuts, playing kugelach....And of course MOSHIACH SEUDAH! I'm half sephardi so I get MEmounah afterwards! yahhh!

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 11:04 pm
This is a trick question--cuz I love all the yomim tovim for there own specialty. as a kid I loved pesach and sukkos, pesach cuz we got to stay up late for the seder and sukkos cuz we ate outside.

Something cute I heard:

On pesach, you could eat where you want but you can't eat what you want.

On Sukkos you could eat what you want but you cant eat where you want

Shavuos is the best cuz you could eat what you want and where you want.! LOL LOL

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 15 2005, 11:27 pm
Mine is Chanukah. I love how each child lights their very own menorah and how after, we all sit on the floor and play a game of dreidel!
I love the smell of baked latkes, and yummy home made fattening donuts, the beautiful tefillohs sung after menorah lighting.
I just love chanukah

hisorerus

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 12:28 am
I love Pesach.

I love the food, the being strict about everything, the atmosphere, the cleaned and foiled house... EVERYTHING!

I just don't love the BEFORE Pesach part. Smile

RedVines

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 12:45 am
I love all yomim tovim for different reasons...my children are yomtov babies!!

I love Purim ( my son was born shushan purim) and Chanukah the most...so much celebrating and getting together with not as many restrictions, so many fun traditions.

I love succos and shavous for the time of year and the smell in the air.

Honestly not such a fan of Pesach ever since I had to do it myself and then last year I worked so hard that my beautiful daughter was born erev pesach (2 weeks early) so I was in the hospital crunching matzos all yom tov long...while my family and guests ate the meals....

technic

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 3:27 am
rochel leah I love what u wrote - I had already voted 4 shavuot and now I know why Very Happy

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 4:40 am
I voted for Pesach, which previously was my favorite yom tov because of the fresh clean house, new clothes, different kitchen and food. Later it was my favorite because of the beautiful spring weather - the renewal of the world. Now it's my favorite because of all the above + I come home to visit the family for two beautiful weeks!

Rivka

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 7:18 am
I used to like pesach apart from the fact you go hungry a whole day.
BUt now I can't say it's my favourite because you do so much preparing and all the cleaning and extra cooking and stuff. By the time you get into Pesach it's already ended.
Purim used to be my fave, coz it's near my b-day. Now I don't see it as a fave coz I keep worrying about where and when I will hear megillah.
Shavuous was my faevourite, I don't like cheese, but my mum used to make yummy cheese free pancakes and they were worth it.
Succos, I loved as a kid just because you can jump in the leaves before they are put on the sukah (until you find they are infested with insects and spiders) but we used to have such fun playing out and eating in a shed...it's like camping out.
But by day it isn't so great coz the wasps come to say hello and start going all over your food and your face.
Chanukah is fun, you can treat it as a normal day, but at the end you light the menorah and sing songs and it's the only time I feel non guilty about eating doughnuts.
I think there is a theme here...and that might be food...I think I better go to work.

Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 7:37 am
[
Quote:
quote="lucy"] I'm half sephardi so I get MEmounah afterwards! yahhh!
[/quote]

now, that's the best part of pesach!!!

Quote:
Shavuos is the best cuz you could eat what you want and where you want.!

good point!!!!

Quote:
I just love chanukah
me too, the way the light of the candles shines in the eyes of our children...!

and technic, here are the great minds again - I voted for shavuot too, for a variety of reasons, because all the yom tovim do have their specail hilah!

hadasa

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 12:49 pm
I wanted to participate in the poll, but just couldn't make up my mind! LOL Every Yom Tov is special in its own way. Every year is different, too. For example, this year I had to host Sheva Brachos in my Sukkah for all the meals (three days - remember?) since my Sukkah is the only one in town, and I had a fever the last days .... It wasn't my favorite this year, but next year it may be better!

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 12:51 pm
Quote:
since my Sukkah is the only one in town,

Where on earth are you? You pooooor girl who wouldn't have fever the last days Rolling Eyes

curlyhead

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 8:12 pm
Quote:
Something cute I heard:

On pesach, you could eat where you want but you can't eat what you want.

On Sukkos you could eat what you want but you cant eat where you want

Shavuos is the best cuz you could eat what you want and where you want.!

I heard this also but shavous the men can't sleep

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 16 2005, 8:15 pm
Rivky 8) have to remember that one Smile

technic

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 5:19 pm
on the subject of sleep - I have NEVER understood why men get up at the crack of dawn, go 2 shul in the freezing cold and thank Hashem 4 not making them women - who r at home, fast asleep under the warm duvet Very Happy

1stimer

Post Fri, Mar 18 2005, 1:41 am
... or up for the 5th time that night w/ the baby. my hubby lways says, I couldn't do ur job and I say I couldn' do his!

curlyhead

Post Fri, Mar 18 2005, 2:40 am
Quote:
on the subject of sleep - I have NEVER understood why men get up at the crack of dawn, go 2 shul in the freezing cold and thank Hashem 4 not making them women - who r at home, fast asleep under the warm duvet

my son has been waking up at the crack of dawn this week so I also have
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics