Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo stroller
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 10:38 pm
I dont find the bugaboo to be a status symbol. It's just a very expensive carriage so the inevitabley the very rich end up buying it. I don tlike it at ALL.
I have the bebecar grand style but I only use it locally, it's not for traveling. I love it. I use a mclaren quest for traveling.
The Rockstar baby, driver, valco, and mountain buggy are good alternatives for the bugaboo.

Blossom

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 8:53 pm
Quote:
I dont find the bugaboo to be a status symbol. It's just a very expensive carriage so the inevitabley the very rich end up buying it

Sorry Mindy for breaking it to you. But I wish it was only the rich who end up buying it Rolling Eyes

anon

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 9:33 pm
It is DEFINITEly a status symbol.

mumsy23

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 9:45 pm
So far all the people who are criticizing the bugaboo don't actually know one. ORIGINAL MOTHER< are you going to take advice about a stroller from people who don't have it??

I have it and I LOVE it, and everyone else who has it loves it too. My husband was VERY against getting it because of the price (he is very practical), we ended up getting it and now he also loves it. We don't know how we would manage with any other stroller - especially where we live, the walk to shul is a bit "woodsy" - we would never be able to take the baby to shul without it!

The Wheels - are wonderful! Not only do they go over ANYTHING, it has suspension which helps it go over most bumps very smoothly. It goes over ice, snow, grass (when you go to the playground) and even sand!!!

The material - is so durable and so easy to clean. I just pop it into the washing machine and hang to dry!

The handle is great and this is one of the only strollers I know that I can maneuver with one hand. I can walk and drink coffee! Not just that, I have found MANY times the need to push the stroller with one hand.

It turns positions so it can face anyway - a lifesaver when the sun shines in baby's eyes.

Folding it is a drop more work than most, but I am able to do it with ONE HAND when I need to and I don't find it to be a big deal at all! I feel like it is just something people use to criticize it if they don't have it! I have never heard anyone who actually owns one complain!! I take it in and out of my car all the time with no problems!

The basket is the only thing that can be better - its a bit small, but I manage to go to the store and put 4-6 grocery bags in it - overall it is definitely worth the sacrifice. I think it was a great purchase!

No stroller is perfect, but I think the bugaboo comes pretty close. It is well made, has great features and rides so smooth. If you can afford it, you should definitely get it!

anon

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 10:00 pm
Mumsy where were you??? I was waiting for you to answer this thread. It's been going on for a while, I'm surprised it took you this long to respond Very Happy

As I mentioned in a previous post, I would want one for myself if it weren't for the basket (and the price, obviously). It really looks tiny, and many women need to do their big grocery shopping with baby in tow. It just doesn't cut it when doing the weekly huge shopping trip before shabbas. My friend has it, and has to push both a shopping cart and the stroller when doing her shopping.

In my opinion, the reason to get it is for 1) the very smooth ride (I once pushed my friends bugaboo and it was such a breeze) and 2) the carriage for infants. As for its other "maalos": Other strollers also have reversible handles and are easy to clean, good quality with LARGE baskets and much cheaper.

mumsy23

Post Fri, Oct 06 2006, 9:42 am
Quote:
As for its other "maalos": Other strollers also have reversible handles and are easy to clean, good quality with LARGE baskets and much cheaper.

The other strollers that have reversible handles are not as good quality. I had the peg perego venezia for a while (which is also pricey, but not as pricey as the bugaboo and my daughter cut her finger on teh "reversing" mechanism! It was also impossible to take to the park or the playground. and everytime there was a bump on the sidewalk I had to step on the back bottom bar and lift the front of the stroller. ) In fact, I really don't know any other stroller other than the mountain buggy that is as durable and sturdy as the bugaboo. ALSO, you can say that "it has some of the same maalos as other strollers", but I really would not care for a reversible handle if the wheels are tiny and the ride is bumpy. My point was that it has tons of great maalos all in one. You can find other strollers with big baskets but don't live up to the quality, smoothness and sturdiness of this stroller.

Like I said, NO stroller is going to be perfect, but I really challenge someone to try out the bugaboo and say that there are strollers that are REALLY comparable.

Marion

Post Sun, Oct 08 2006, 4:56 am
I don't have a bugaboo, I have a Graco Ultima. Similar to the Quattro Tour, but not quite as bulky (it's the European version, I think). It does NOT have a reversible handle, but I think that's all it's missing. When I wanted to see the baby when he was little, I just always took him in the infant seat carrier and voila, he was facing me instead of away. I remember when I was in New York and it seemed as though EVERYONE had a Bugaboo, I wondered what was so good about it because when I was in Canada it seemed everyone had a Graco!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:40 pm
Is the Rockstar baby a good sturdy stroller? I think it's an imitation of a bugaboo, but since it's cheaper does that mean its made of garbagy materials? What is the difference between the Rockstar Baby and the Zippy?

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 1:59 pm
Quote:
Is the Rockstar baby a good sturdy stroller? I think it's an imitation of a bugaboo, but since it's cheaper does that mean its made of garbagy materials? What is the difference between the Rockstar Baby and the Zippy?

It is similar to the bagaboo but even though its cheaper than the bugaboo I wouldnt excactly call a $500 stroller cheap. Im going to be checking it out because I think I may get it.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:01 pm
Ambassador-to-KJ wrote:
Quote:

It is similar to the bagaboo but even though its cheaper than the bugaboo I wouldnt excactly call a $500 stroller cheap. Im going to be checking it out because I think I may get it.

OK so it's not cheap, but is it a good quality stroller?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:32 pm
why in the world would someone want to buy a carriage that costs sooooooooo much money and looks like a wheelchair??? It looks like a wheelchair that is used to wheel around children that are nebach sick and arent 100%. I would be very embarrased to be seen in the street with such a carriage and to think that I can get a good double stroller for half the price of the bugaboo. Ugh! what an ugly carriage Puke Puke Puke

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
why in the world would someone want to buy a carriage that costs sooooooooo much money and looks like a wheelchair??? It looks like a wheelchair that is used to wheel around children that are nebach sick and arent 100%. I would be very embarrased to be seen in the street with such a carriage and to think that I can get a good double stroller for half the price of the bugaboo. Ugh! what an ugly carriage Puke Puke Puke

lol. which stroller the bugaboo?

realeez

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 2:53 pm
every time my dh sees that stroller he comments on how it looks like a wheelchair. that's what happens when you work in a hospital (as opposed to strolling in forest hills or yorkville Wink )

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 3:03 pm
mommyabc123 wrote:
every time my dh sees that stroller he comments on how it looks like a wheelchair. that's what happens when you work in a hospital (as opposed to strolling in forest hills or yorkville Wink )

lol, any other stroller in forest hill or yorkville is probably an eyesore.

anon

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 3:05 pm
Attention: After doing a little research, I found that the Bugaboo Cameleon is an improvement over the Bugaboo Frog.

The Cameleon's folding mechanism is a bit easier than the Frog's. Also, the Cameleon's storage basket is bigger than the Frog's. These are just a couple of improvements, among many.

So, if you're thinking about the bugaboo, you'll want to consider the differences the Cameleon has when researching the bugaboo's pros and cons.

But, as I'm sure you've already guessed, the Cameleon is * surprise!* more expensive. I think around $100 more than the frog, but I'm not sure.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 3:12 pm
anon wrote:
Attention: After doing a little research, I found that the Bugaboo Cameleon is an improvement over the Bugaboo Frog.

The Cameleon's folding mechanism is a bit easier than the Frog's. Also, the Cameleon's storage basket is bigger than the Frog's. These are just a couple of improvements, among many.

So, if you're thinking about the bugaboo, you'll want to consider the differences the Cameleon has when researching the bugaboo's pros and cons.

But, as I'm sure you've already guessed, the Cameleon is * surprise!* more expensive. I think around $100 more than the frog, but I'm not sure.

Isn't that why they made a new model? To make improvements on what people complained about the frog? I didn't think you could still get the frog, except for maybe EBAY.

anon

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 3:18 pm
im pretty sure they still sell the frog. My friend just got it and it's on their website.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 3:22 pm
oh whoops

Blossom

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 6:28 pm
Quote:
Ugh! what an ugly carriage Puke Puke Puke

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, madame Smile .

It took me a while to get used to the Bugaboo but now I LOVE IT!!! However my husband HATES it!! So even if someone kindly gives a gift certificate of $729 towards a stroller (Now who would that be LOL) I don't know if I can have my husband change his mind about it.

yoyosma

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 7:17 pm
I would LOVE to get a Bugaboo. We dont have a car, so a stroller that does everything is something we would invest in.
It would be the baby's bed in the begining, and then would just be an awesome stroller.
However, it is SO expensive and even saving up and buying it would still not be enough for all the accessories, which a stroller freak like me would have to have....
Also, it is very heavy, I have heard bad things about the fold, storage isnt so great and I cant justify having a Bug if I ask for a tuition break at DD's school, it just seems wrong.
So, if I need an All-Terrain stroller, which I will be getting soon, a jogging stroller type will have to do it for me and those can get expensive too!

I promised myself that with this baby I would get a stroller that has decent wheels that dont get caught in the many cracked sidewalks that make up my neighborhood, so a jogger it will be!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics