Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo stroller
1  2  3  4  Next

shemesh

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 12:29 pm
does anyone own a bugaboo stroller.
do you know if its easy to fold?

jewgal84

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 1:25 pm
I know that it's a big seller but many ppl who do have it are not happy with it.

koolmother

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 2:18 pm
its not easy to fold at all,

from what I remember you have to take off the basinet part or the seat part and then fold the wheels part seperately.

I dont have one but my friend has one and we once went somewhere and her bougaboo didnt fit in my trunk (I have an SUV so its a big trunk) she had to take the wheels off from the metal part in order for it to fit.

bottom line is that whatever carriage you are getting make sure you do your research

good luck

shemesh

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 5:34 pm
thank you for the info !!!
I spent the all pregnancy in bed, and I wanted to treat myself with something special, but I guess its not what I am looking for, I need something very easy to fold.

bluesclues

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 5:37 pm
yoy should get the mountain buggy it is great.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 6:01 pm
If you like the bugaboo, but not the price there are cheaper versions. I've seen a lot of people with one called "Rock baby" I think & I saw one for $249 in Baby R Us.

cassandra

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 6:10 pm
If you are mainly using it for walks on the street out of your house, fine. It is NOT a car stroller.

R.

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 6:30 pm
The Inglesina Zippy is great. It is sturdy and fold very compact and in a second.

el2cg

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 6:44 pm
I 2nd the inglesina zippy. its easy to wheel and fold. it has a one hand fold, so u can do it while holding a baby. as for the bugaboo, I love the colors, and its trendy, however the few ppl I know that have it, ended up purchasing a simpler and lighter carriage for travel.

proudwife

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 6:47 pm
the zippy in incredible! I love it! its a great 'everything' stroller! The bugaboo looks nice, it probably is a good stroller, but I don't know if it's worth the price!??

anon

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 6:47 pm
The bugaboo also has a very small basket. Otherwise, I would be eyeing one for myself.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 8:34 pm
momof3 wrote:
If you like the bugaboo, but not the price there are cheaper versions. I've seen a lot of people with one called "Rock baby" I think & I saw one for $249 in Baby R Us.

This is the one from Babies r us:
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....dinfo

dewyt

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 9:18 pm
How come nobody recommended the Graco Quattro? It fits in all trunks, and its not a small stroller, it has a gr8, huge basket on the bottom that goes down, it reclines all the way, is very easy to fold (with one hand) and comes in many designs. Not expensive either, mine was $150. Just one thing, its not very light, but easy to push and I have no regrets. I also have an Ingelsina Swift which is very compact that I use for travelling.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 7:24 am
Yeah that's it amother. I don't know if I love the color but if I really wanted a bugaboo style, I'd go for it. It's not so bad.

queenyemk

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 7:35 am
besides the price I can't stand bagaboo strollers. the wheels look aweful and how do you push that in the snow????
the baby is in the sitting down postion when the stroller is reclined to a 180 degree angle so their legs are kept at 90 degree angle.
this is really bad for teh back and must be uncomfortable for the kid
do you get what I'm saying??

shopaholic

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 8:03 am
On the contrary, the wheels are great. Well, definitely the back ones, they are like a jogging stroller. The first time I saw a bugaboo, 3 years ago, I also didn't like the way the kid sits so straight, but I got used to seeing it that way so it doesn't look to weird anymore.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
momof3 wrote:

This is the one from Babies r us:
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....dinfo

Is this stroller good from newborn? And until what age? Does it fit into a car well? Can you attach an infant car seat to it? Which brand car seat?

amother

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 9:15 am
iN MY NEIGHBORHOOD THE bugaboo is very much a status symbol. most of the rich grandparents r paying 4 it.

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Sun, Oct 01 2006, 6:55 am
Wow, I love that stroller! Its also called the baby rock star stroller. It also comes with a bassinett attachment but it is out of stock at BRU. I did an internet search and its $500 everywhere else shock Confused I was soing my research with my MIL looking over my shoulder so.... who knows.... She loves it too!

queen

Post Mon, Oct 02 2006, 7:26 pm
the bugaboo is SO much a status symbol it's unbelievable. I think the design of it is great, however as people are mentioning here- not that practical for fitting into cars.

For practicality and good stroller: I recommend the Inglesina Zippy. Very comfortable, great basket and folds easily.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics