Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
The chemo thread
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 12  13  14  Next

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 9:53 am
Yesterday was Chaim Dovid's appointment with his oncologist. The doctor said that he has 2 more chemos he can try, but he prefers if Chaim Dovid would switch to a doctor who does phase one trials.

Mishpacha had an article recently about a new experimental drug alled CPI-613. So far that is not being tested for his type of cancer. They would be willing to start a new trial, but they don't have funding for a whole new trial now. We'll have to see if they are any other new trials being done for germ cell tumors.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 1:05 pm
Boruch Hashem, Chaim Dovid's CT and PET scans showed no new lesions. The spots on his hip which were radiated are still there, but his doctor hopes that that's just because it's too soon after treatment for them to have disappeared yet.

Chaim Dovid met with the new oncologist yesterday. He would like to enroll him in a clinical trial but has to wait for a spot to open up. He will see him again in 2 weeks to see if there's anything open for him.

Thanks so much for your tefillos!

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 3:46 pm
B"H, Chaim Dovid got a spot in a trial. However, he has the flu now. He has to recover before he can start the trial.

Tonight, he was supposed to go to the HASC concert, but he can't go because of the flu.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 8:44 pm
How is Chaim Dovid doing?
Hoping to hear good news!

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 10:39 pm
After catching a second strain of the flu, he has recovered and is scheduled to start his new treatment tomorrow.

September June

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 10:40 pm
Hatzlacha! I am davening for him.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 10:41 pm
May it be one step closer to a refuah shelaima.

sarahd

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 6:17 am
May this be the way to a refua sheleima for him.

myself

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 7:14 am
I just read this thread from beginning to end in one sitting. I'm literally holding my breath for him. May his recovery be quick and COMPLETE and may Hashem give all of you the strength to pull through until then. I will be davening for him.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 7:03 am
Chaim Dovid was admitted to the hospital last night with fever. His white blood count is very low. They were supposed to give him a shot 24 hours after each round of chemo which helps build up his blood count, but they forgot to give him the shot last time.

He has been having severe leg pain but the doctor says to just take pain killers. He did have an x-ray which showed nothing, and last night in the hospital they did an ultrasound, which also showed nothing. He is on morphine for the pain now.

All this trouble and we don't even know if this trial that he's on is helping at all because they didn't tell him what his tumor markers were last time they checked. Nobody seems to know what they were. Usually, they put it online in his account, but it's not there this time.

Today is Taanis esther. It is supposed to be a big Segula to say Perek 22 from Tehillim today. Rabbi Wallerstein says to say it on Purim also. Last year I said it a number of times for him. This year, I'll be doing it again. Anyone who cares to join me, it can only help.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 4:26 pm
thank you for allowing us to join you in your prayers for a refuah shelaima

חיים דוד בן נחמה

פרק כ'ב

sarahd

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 4:32 pm
Isn't it Chaim Dovid ben Necha?

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 5:29 pm
Yes, it is Necha.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:

Although the chemo is over, Dovid still needs your Tefilos. In 3 weeks, they will take a CAT scan to see how much the tumor shrunk. They will probably have to remove the remains surgically, so he still has more recovery in store for him. All Tefilos for Dovid Ben Nechama are greatly appreciated.

~Tiffany

Sorry I got the name off here.

Hashem knows who we mean regardless.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 1:45 pm
Chaim Dovid is still in the hospital with fever and very severe leg pain. He is on a pain pump and antibiotics. He had an MRI of his leg which showed that at least one of his hip tumors has grown despite radiation and that he has two new tumors and myositis (an inflamation of the muscle). He started steroids for the myositis, so hopefully he will get some relief of his pain soon.

Please continue to daven for Chaim Dovid Ben Necha.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 3:08 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
Chaim Dovid is still in the hospital with fever and very severe leg pain. He is on a pain pump and antibiotics. He had an MRI of his leg which showed that at least one of his hip tumors has grown despite radiation and that he has two new tumors and myositis (an inflamation of the muscle). He started steroids for the myositis, so hopefully he will get some relief of his pain soon.

Please continue to daven for Chaim Dovid Ben Necha.

we will all keep davening for him

karen berzon

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 5:17 am
I daven for him a few times a day. My kids went to kivrei tzaddikim in Eretz Yisroel on Purim and I gave them Chaim Dovid's name.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:05 pm
Tomorrow, Chaim Dovid will be going for scans to see how his tumors are doing. If they've grown anymore, he will probably be kicked off of his trial. Please daven really hard that this trial should be helping him.

ETA: Correction: Chaim Dovid is having his CAT scan right now.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:11 pm
Well, we won't find out the results of the CAT scan yet, but we did find out his tumor markers. When he first got sick, they were 10,000. That's extremely high. Before this last round of his treatment, they were 10,000 again. There were times in between when they were 12,000, and times when they were 3.5, which is normal.

Tonight, the tumor markers were 28,000. The highest they ever were. By far.

We are assuming his trial is not going to be tried anymore. It's not likely that there is anything else to try.

And now I'm supposed to get my kids to bed without yelling at them and finish cleaning for Pesach. I'm not eaxactly in the mood for that right now.

September June

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:12 pm
I'm sorry Hug
Page 6 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club