Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Apple latke/kugel recipe help please from last year

elmos

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 9:28 am
Last year right before pessach I believe in the mishpacha if not the binah magazine had an apple recipe that was done in a frying pan it was like a big latke (kugel) thing if anyone has the recipe or something like it I'd appriciate it.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 12:34 pm
I think it was from Binah

Apple Fritter
• 4-6 large apples (half green and half red), grated
• 4 eggs
• 4 Tbsp potato starch
• 4 Tbsp sugar
• pinch cinnamon
• oil, preferably nut oil

Mix together the apples, eggs, potato starch, sugar, and cinnamon by hand. Don't over-mix because you don't want it to become too soft and mushy. Heat a generous amount of oil in a small nonstick frying pan (for double the recipe use a 12-inch one), over a medium flame. There should be the amount of oil you would use if you were frying chicken cutlets. Pour in the apple mixture, filling the entire pan, and flatten. Cook for a few minutes and then lower the flame. Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes. Check with a spatula that the sides and bottom are brown. Remove the pan from the flame. Using a large flat plate, cover the frying pan and flip over the fritter onto the plate. Slide the fritter back into the pan and continue to cook another 5-10 minutes on a low flame. Remove the fritter from the pan, either by flipping again, or by sliding out. Cut into wedges and serve. Should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Reheat partially covered.
Freezes well.

elmos

Post Mon, Apr 18 2011, 1:19 pm
thanks ra mom

Rikola

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 6:13 pm
This sounds delicious. I'm going to replace potato starch with matzah meal - I hope that'll turn out OK.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 9:27 pm
Can I make this with sugar water?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics