Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Anyone else think the Maccabeats are adorable??
1  2  3  Next

yaelinIN

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 12:36 am
A friend sent me a link to Candlelight by the Maccabeats. I totally loved it and we used it at our Community Menorah Lighting and I have been bopping around to the song since then. Even though I am happily married, I think several of those boys are SO adorable! I want to pinch their cheeks! Smile What's with the NASA astronaut suit on one of them?

I also cannot believe that I have a son that might be only half their age! shock

Chag Urim Sameach/A Freilichin Chanukah!
Yael

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 12:48 am
The one with the orange jacket was providing the comic relief by doing different funny things.

I want to knwo who's who. the one with the facial hair looks like a member of Kol Zimra or one of the other acappella groups. I want to knwo which one is Nochum Joel.And who is the really cute one with the babyface? I want names! LOL

saraleah2010

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 12:48 pm
I saw this today. it was so cute! I want to show my kids this afternoon before I bentsch licht.

rosehill

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 12:59 pm
My kids haven't stopped singing this song!!

You know how I know I'm old? I don't want to marry them, I want them to be my sons-in-law!!

jelibean

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 1:04 pm
The kids and I are beyond addicted to this song. I can't get it out of my head. The Maccabeats are awesome - they did a great rendition of Matisyahu's "One Day", which I posted here elsewhere.

If I were 20 years younger, I'd have a crush on a few of them.

They have a CD out now, but honestly, I'm not crazy about the music. You can check out their songs on YouTube.

louche

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 1:36 pm
Yes! Yes! I want to invite them over for Shabbat lunch. (Can you imagine the zemirot? Talk about Dynamite! )

Rosehill, I know exactly what you mean. But I think my dd is already too old for them. Sigh. I would so love to have granchildren who sing. My kids don't. Not that they can't; they just don't.

justcallmeima

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 1:44 pm
I must be just the right age. I think they're all adorable, and I would love to let one of them marry my step daughter!!

louche

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 2:26 pm
Which one do you consider to have a baby face? They ALL look like babyfaces to me. Even the one with a sefirah beard, lol! Is Maccabeats like lehavdil Menudo, you can be a member so long as you're a YU student, then you graduate and are replaced by a newcomer? How long have they been around? If I'm not mistaken, Beatachon (another great a capella group) was founded at YU but the guys stayed together afterwards and continue to perform even though they're married-with-children-and-day jobs.

louche

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 2:28 pm
Once a spoofer, always a spoofer. I keep thinking "I fling my skullcap in the air sometimes, singin' yeeha, It's my kippah..."

Barbara

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 2:43 pm
They've made it to the top headline on cnn.com Impressive.

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 2:51 pm
The one who does the main vocals/chorus is absolutely adorable!!! The way he moves his head and dancing while singing is sooo cute. (Am I swooning like a teenage girl seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan? You betcha.) :/

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 4:01 pm
I think the babyfaced one is nochum joel Smile

onelove26

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 4:06 pm
The one with the NASA outfit is from Houston - - guess it's a little hometown shout-out!

They are awesome and it's great that something with real Jewish value is getting the attention this year.

slushiemom

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 3:02 pm
Joel js the one with the main vocals and in the middle most of the time. And yes, it was great, and they're adorable! I also love their rendition of One Day by matisyahu.

Aribenj

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 10:28 pm
They really are cute... They look like the types of guys I would have had crushes on when I was a teenager...

louche

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 10:34 pm
What, teenager? I have a crush on them all, even the goofy-looking ones. I always was a sucker for guys who could sing, starting with The Rabbi's Sons in the 1960s (honk if you remember them!)

Slushiemom, do you mean the one who sings I flip my latkes in the air? Not the guy who starts out I tell a tale-tale-tale-tale?

louche

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 10:38 pm
As of this moment, they've had over a million and a half hits--double what it was Friday afternoon--and I think I'm responsible for a good chunk of them.

Will success spoil the Maccabeats? Let's hope not!

leomom

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 10:48 pm
louche wrote:
What, teenager? I have a crush on them all, even the goofy-looking ones. I always was a sucker for guys who could sing, starting with The Rabbi's Sons in the 1960s (honk if you remember them!)

HONK!

The Rabbi's Sons' father was Rabbi Chait of Jerusalem, A"H, who was my parents' mesader kedushin and close friend until the end of his life. I grew up listening to The Rabbi's Sons (and Poogy and the Parvarim) - loved them then and love them still.

jeweled

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 11:35 pm
I think the song was clever, they obviously have good voices and the video was very well done. But to want to marry them or have them as part of your family because they are talented seems a little/very shallow. I'm sure they are all amazing boys with good middos and the works but, come on.

shnitzel

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 11:47 pm
I know that at least one of them is married.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics