Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lose Weight Quickly and Easily
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Feb 18 2012, 10:45 pm
I am presently at the Midwest Agudah convention & cannot answer properly but will try to do so tomorrow.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 1:38 pm
flmommy wrote:
Has anyone done the research on what is more effective homeopathic HCG or real HCG?
According to the people at TrimYou who have done extensive studies and many users, there doesn't seem to be a significant difference. They seem to work equally well, and I feel that why use a real hormone requiring injections if you can get the same results with an easy, oral spray.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 1:43 pm
muss wrote:
I am very interested in it and thinking of getting it. My big concern is controlling myself - like any diet but also how do you do it yom tov time. purim I won't talk about but pesach is coming - as it is you are limited to what you could eat. How do you do it????
Also if you cheat, do you gain it all back quickly??
thanks

There are 4 parts to this diet -- Phase 2, the weight loss phase, which is the very restricted diet, isn't recommended for over YT, especially Pesach. It is also difficult to do the first part of Phase 3 over Pesach since, while you can eat many foods and aren't too restricted in quantity, you cannot have any starches then, so the matza is a problem.

I always recommend it be done between yom tovim. You need 3-7 weeks for Phase 2, plus at least the 3 weeks of Phase 3 not over Pesach.

Yes, if you cheat in the middle, you'll gain. However, if you do the entire process properly, you will find that in the end, you'll be able to each more than before without gaining. However, you may find that your body needs to limit certain foods (for me it is sugar and complex carbs) to easily maintain your weight. I can eat a lot of proteins and fats, but must be careful with sugars and carbs. Everyone is different. Part of the Phase 3, maintenance, helps you learn how to eat for your body.

With any diet once you lose you musts follow some sort of a maintenance plan to keep the weight off. If you just go back to your old eating habits, you will always gain weight.

muss

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 1:48 pm
There are 4 parts to this diet -- Phase 2, the weight loss phase, which is the very restricted diet, isn't recommended for over YT, especially Pesach. It is also difficult to do the first part of Phase 3 over Pesach since, while you can eat many foods and aren't too restricted in quantity, you cannot have any starches then, so the matza is a problem.

I always recommend it be done between yom tovim. You need 3-7 weeks for Phase 2, plus at least the 3 weeks of Phase 3 not over Pesach.

Yes, if you cheat in the middle, you'll gain. However, if you do the entire process properly, you will find that in the end, you'll be able to each more than before without gaining. However, you may find that your body needs to limit certain foods (for me it is sugar and complex carbs) to easily maintain your weight. I can eat a lot of proteins and fats, but must be careful with sugars and carbs. Everyone is different. Part of the Phase 3, maintenance, helps you learn how to eat for your body.

With any diet once you lose you musts follow some sort of a maintenance plan to keep the weight off. If you just go back to your old eating habits, you will always gain weight.[/quote]

so do you think I should start after pesach? you didn't mention about phase 1

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 1:49 pm
muss wrote:
Besides my other questions, is it possible to write out a basic menu for a day so I can get a feel of what I could eat.
Thank you

Rather than a menu, I will tell you what is allowed in Phase 2, the weight loss phase (of 3-7 weeks).

You eat a limited diet of around 500 calories a day. Basically you have two 100 gr (3.5 oz.) protein portions (boneless, skinless chicken breast, lean veal, white fleshed fish [only certain ones: tilapia, orange roughy, bass, flounder, sole, etc.]), 2 fruits (only grapefruit, orange, strawberries or apple) and 2 vegetable portions of at least 100 gr. (limited choices, some are: lettuce, spinach, kale, tomato, onion, cucumber) -- you can have as much as you want, but only one vegetable at a time and only with your meal and optionally 2 melba toast squares or grissini breadsticks. You also drink a lot of water -- take your weight in lbs. and divide the number by two to get the number of ounces of water you should eat daily. It is suggested to drink tea, especially green tea. You may not have coffee.

Despite such a restricted diet, the spray makes you feel not hungry, and it's effects cause you to burn fat very quickly. The biggest advantages with this are that you lose very quickly: you are only doing the strict protocol part for 3-7 weeks (where you should an average of half a pound a day) -- you can do it again six weeks later if you want; the spray makes you really feel not hungry so it is easy to stick to the limited and restricted diet.

You are told exactly what to eat -- your choices are limited to only what they specify and only in those amounts.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 1:52 pm
muss wrote:

That would be my recommendation. There are just so many potential pitfalls doing it over Pesach (and, BTW, the spray itself is chometz, so you certainly can't be doing Phase 2 then).

Phase 1 is just 2 days, preparing for the spray phase. It is called "loading" during which you are encouraged to eat larger quantities of foods, especially higher in fats before beginning Phase 2. It helps to keep you from being hungry in the 1st few days of Phase 2 before the spray's effect fully kicks in.

muss

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 1:57 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
muss wrote:

That would be my recommendation. There are just so many potential pitfalls doing it over Pesach (and, BTW, the spray itself is chometz, so you certainly can't be doing Phase 2 then).

Phase 1 is just 2 days, preparing for the spray phase. It is called "loading" during which you are encouraged to eat larger quantities of foods, especially higher in fats before beginning Phase 2. It helps to keep you from being hungry in the 1st few days of Phase 2 before the spray's effect fully kicks in.

Thank you for all your responses. I will wait till after pesach.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 1:59 pm
muss wrote:
Thank you for all your responses. I will wait till after pesach.

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also PM me for my email address if you'd like.

flmommy

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 5:56 pm
Thank you for your response OOTBubby but the "real" HCG I was asking about isn't an injection but an oral drop.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 8:53 pm
The only kind of real HCG that I've come across containing the hormone is the injectable type. I am not personally aware of other kinds.

mommy15

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 10:08 pm
is there support site working yet?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 9:27 am
mommy15 wrote:
is there support site working yet?

Yes, you should have received an email with the new URL -- use the same log on as for the old one.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 9:45 am
flmommy wrote:
Thank you for your response OOTBubby but the "real" HCG I was asking about isn't an injection but an oral drop.

Here is a link to drops that aren't homeopathic.

http://www.hcgweightlossdiets.......html
http://hcgdietjourney.com/buy-.....lies/

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 11:28 am
amother wrote:
flmommy wrote:

Here is a link to drops that aren't homeopathic.

http://www.hcgweightlossdiets.......html
http://hcgdietjourney.com/buy-.....lies/

I am not at all familiar with these products, but if they are HCG, they certainly should work. I would wonder though if they are kosher -- personally I would only want to use an oral supplement that is under hashgocha.

I am only familiar with TrimYou (Ketomist) which is Chof-K certified and it works fantastically.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 2:53 pm
Ok. so I'm finally doing it! I am on p2 day 2. my question is this I am trying to follow the diet to a T and I found a calorie tracking website (just for fun?). I put in everything for my meals today and was shocked to see that it equaled 670 calories. What am I doing wrong? I had tea for breakfast, 100 grams chicken for lunch with 2 celery stalks, and a mediam apple. For dinner I am planning a 100 gram piece if filet minyon (almost 0 fat), onions, and a half grapefruit. Please help me. I need to be successful. I didn't think I was going to have to track calories! I am not even having the melba! Thanks

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 2:58 pm
amother wrote:
Ok. so I'm finally doing it! I am on p2 day 2. my question is this I am trying to follow the diet to a T and I found a calorie tracking website (just for fun?). I put in everything for my meals today and was shocked to see that it equaled 670 calories. What am I doing wrong? I had tea for breakfast, 100 grams chicken for lunch with 2 celery stalks, and a mediam apple. For dinner I am planning a 100 gram piece if filet minyon (almost 0 fat), onions, and a half grapefruit. Please help me. I need to be successful. I didn't think I was going to have to track calories! I am not even having the melba! Thanks

Do not count calories. Do not worry if your total varies from day to day and is more or less than 500. Just eat the right foods in the right quantities. They never say you should look at the total calories -- people just quote "500" and that is wrong. You need to eat what they specify in the right quantity and that is is. Ignore the calories completely during P2.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 3:13 pm
I haven't seen quantities for the veges? Is there a protocol for veges?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
I haven't seen quantities for the veges? Is there a protocol for veges?

Unlimited as long as you don't mix types within the meal and only eat them with your meal. Minimum of 100 g.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 4:46 pm
THANK YOU. Phew

muss

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 9:49 pm
Hi
Ijust signed up and got onto the training site. There is an option to watch a support group training video which I feel will be good to watch but when I click on it it says I can't watch it because it's private. Why does that happen? How can I see it? I'm signed onto it?
Thanks
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise