Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lose Weight Quickly and Easily
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 8:41 pm
pappymom wrote:
Where can I find the diet that one has to follow while on this diet? Checked the link couldnt find it

If you go to this link: http://ketomist.com/cmd.php?af=1205831 and download the eBook there written by Dr. Simeons, you'll find that it contains the diet. However, that book was written for a different version (injectable)) of HCG. That will give you an excellent understanding, though there are a few differences (we can't have coffee, slight differences in fruits & vegetables).

Briefly though, you have 2 servings daily of the following:
100 g protein (specific white fleshed fishes, boneless skinless chicken breast, lean veal, extra lean beef)
vegetables (only one per meal and only very specific ones: lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, spinach, kale and a few others) in unlimited quanties (but only with the meal)
fruits (only half grapefruit, apple, orange or 100g strawberries)
Grissini breadstick or melba toast (no sesame)

You must also drink water: your weight in pounds divided by 2 is the number of ounces of water you need. You can also have tea (as long as it doesn't have mint in it).

It sounds like very little, but with the spray you are truly not hungry.

It is truly an amazing diet.

girliemom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 8:48 pm
I did a half round of this diet (only 23 days) & lost about 14 lbs. While it was successful in the weight loss part it was very very hard. I was hungry all the time.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 8:53 pm
girliemom wrote:
I did a half round of this diet (only 23 days) & lost about 14 lbs. While it was successful in the weight loss part it was very very hard. I was hungry all the time.

Did you make sure to always drink the recommended amount of water?

And did you try some of the Ketomist suggestions such as sea salt cocktail, etc.?

You really should not be hungry (unless somehow your spray was ruined) after the first couple of days (and even then if you did Phase 1 correctly that shouldn't happen).

amother

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 10:06 pm
Here is a link to Dr Simeons book it's free.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t.....1AZOg

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
Here is a link to Dr Simeons book it's free.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t.....1AZOg

It is also free here: http://ketomist.com/cmd.php?af=1205831

happyone

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 4:30 pm
How is this different than DIYHCG?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 4:32 pm
happyone wrote:

Ketomist has a hechser (Chof-K) and DIYHCG does not. I would not want to use something I'm putting in my mouth that isn't kosher certified.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 8:57 pm
happyone wrote:

My dr recommended the diyhcg, he said that hes seen better results in more pp with this than with the ketomist.
There is nothing unkosher in it, just doesn't have a hechsher

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 9:03 pm
amother wrote:
happyone wrote:

My dr recommended the diyhcg, he said that hes seen better results in more pp with this than with the ketomist.
There is nothing unkosher in it, just doesn't have a hechsher

It might not be unkosher but do you buy food items in the grocery that have "nothing unkosher" but "just don't have a hechsher"? I know I don't, but if you do, go ahead. Have you asked a shayla if you can consume this? There is no guarantee what is in it (or on what equipment it is produced) unless there is hashgocha proving it.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 9:15 pm
I did round 2 and lost 31 lbs. and was never hungry. Sometimes I couldn't even eat all my food! I have more weight to lose and would definitely do it again.
I am now in maintenance round 3a and want to know if I can eat smoked salmon / lox? It doesn't have it in the food guide.

Thanks

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
I did round 2 and lost 31 lbs. and was never hungry. Sometimes I couldn't even eat all my food! I have more weight to lose and would definitely do it again.
I am now in maintenance round 3a and want to know if I can eat smoked salmon / lox? It doesn't have it in the food guide.

Thanks

I would think that it is okay as long as there is no sugar in the ingredients, but to be certain you should ask on the Ketomist support site. Please post what you find out here as I'd like to know too.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:56 pm
One of the things I loved about the HCG diet, is that my fibromyaglia and migraines went completely away!

I was doing research last night on high glutamate foods, and found out that pretty much everything on the list was on Dr. Simeon's NO list! Glutamate sensitivity is associated with "leaky gut syndrome", and can cause systemic inflammation - which causes weight gain, muscle aches, nerve problems, etc.

I noticed that when I started adding "healthy" grains and beans back into my diet, I felt worse and worse, and I assumed it was because the HCG was leaving my system. Now I'm starting to realize that if I want to keep the weight off (40 pounds down, woooooo!), I'll have to stick to a fairly close version of the HCG diet (but I'm eating the portions I want).

Research "low glutimate diet" and you'll see what I mean - and get ready to throw out all of your old soup mixes! Thank goodness Osem came out with MSG free soup mix. Now, what am I going to do with all those snack packs of Bissli?

saramalka

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 10:35 am
I am on day 24 of Ketomist. "I have lost 12 pounds, most of it early on. I am still very hungry. I have tried everything suggested. I am thinking of stopping on day 26 due to the hunger and the scale not really moving down in the last many days. I am concerned about the maintainance program. I would appreciate any guidance people have. Thanks

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 10:42 am
saramalka wrote:
I am on day 24 of Ketomist. "I have lost 12 pounds, most of it early on. I am still very hungry. I have tried everything suggested. I am thinking of stopping on day 26 due to the hunger and the scale not really moving down in the last many days. I am concerned about the maintainance program. I would appreciate any guidance people have. Thanks

First I'd suggest that you use the Ketomist support site and ask them for advice -- they'll have you send them your food diary and will give you suggestions. Are you at a preset (previous weight you were at for a while)? If so, it can take a while to break through it. Are you measuring yourself? You can easily be losing inches and not pounds. Are you drinking enough water?

The maintenance program is great -- I can stay on it forever. It really teaches you how to eat right for your body and there's plenty to eat.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 16 2011, 2:08 pm
Re: Smoked Salmon on Phase 3

This is the answer I received:

The Food Guide is just a basic guide and boy, oh boy, sure tough to have every food on there.

The basic guideline for P3A foods not on the list is that you have to check the labels. We can not have sugar or starch in this part of P3.
So you would be looking for any type of sweetener...sugar, honey, molasses, cane sugar, high fructose corn syrup, etc.
Also corn starch, any grains like wheat, rice, potato starches, etc.

As long as a product has just basic ingredients you are fine.

MY personal rule of thumb that has served my family well since starting KetoMist is that if the product has ingredients I can not pronounce I put it back. I also tend to choose packages that only list 5 ingredients or less. There are exceptions to every rule. But it makes me really stop and think before putting it in my grocery cart.

So Smoked Salmon is fine Smile

I am now in middles of Phase 3B and have not gained any weight back. I've just added in some carbs and so far ok.

e.hail

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 12:31 am
I got the spray but am waiting to try it after my period.. I know somebody
that lost her period she started the spray during the period. I am a member now
but I don't know how to get straight in the group support that I suscribe..
If anyone knows that program so well and could help me start it I would
really appreciate it.. Thanks!

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 9:06 am
e.hail wrote:
I got the spray but am waiting to try it after my period.. I know somebody
that lost her period she started the spray during the period. I am a member now
but I don't know how to get straight in the group support that I suscribe..
If anyone knows that program so well and could help me start it I would
really appreciate it.. Thanks!

I've never heard of a problem like that with the period.

Log on to the Ketomist support site using the URL they gave you when you purchased.

Then go to "Forums" across the top of the page. The select one of the forums and read and /or post.

You can ask me questions here or PM me and I'll give you an email address to use for further conversation (though I think you may be the person that emailed me already).

trendymom

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 9:33 pm
OOTBubby, (since I see you are well versed in the KetoMist program) - is there a diet plan for Shabbos and yomim tovim? I saw that he mentions gaining a few pounds because he cheated on Shabbos and then losing it again. He says the mist includes a diet handbook so I'm wondering if that's his own version that he created for Jewish people.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 9:36 pm
trendymom wrote:
OOTBubby, (since I see you are well versed in the KetoMist program) - is there a diet plan for Shabbos and yomim tovim? I saw that he mentions gaining a few pounds because he cheated on Shabbos and then losing it again. He says the mist includes a diet handbook so I'm wondering if that's his own version that he created for Jewish people.

The Ketomist support website (which you receive a link to when you purchase) forums contain a forum about what to do on Shabbos & Yom Tov. The other literature does not mention Shabbos/YT issues, but they are fully addressed in that forum.

Rob, the founder of Ketomist is frum and is always available through a support request for any needed clarification of these issues.

trendymom

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 3:34 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
trendymom wrote:

The Ketomist support website (which you receive a link to when you purchase) forums contain a forum about what to do on Shabbos & Yom Tov. The other literature does not mention Shabbos/YT issues, but they are fully addressed in that forum.

Rob, the founder of Ketomist is frum and is always available through a support request for any needed clarification of these issues.

Ok thank you for that info! I am desperate to lose weight but I find it so hard to follow diets with all the holidays we have. All of my husband's sisters are on the TLC diet and are losing a lot of weight, but I can't seem to decide between that and the HCG (or KetoMist). Sigh.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise