Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Whole chicken in crock pot--need recipe pls

imato5

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 5:47 pm
I have my free kosher chicken that I got from shoprite and want to make it for supper. I was thinking of putting it in a crock pot with some veggies and rice. Any good recipes like that?

elmos

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 6:40 pm
place potatoes carrots zuch sweet potato onion and or anything else youmay like about 1/2c water and chicken and spice to taste. cook on low at least 6 hours

Place rice onion soup mix water and chicken spiced

Place fresh onion and garlic in crockpot wit h chicken can put some in cavity and pour favorite bbq sauce over it cook on low
or you can do it many ways in the oven

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 7:53 pm
Rub chicken with a bit of oil. Season very generously all over including under skin and in cavity. (You can stuff the cavity with garlic cloves and/or lemon pieces as well.)
Crockpot chicken has kind of a dull color, so lots of paprika makes it really look appetizing.
Lay the chicken, breast side down, in the crockpot.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
I have specific recipes for teriyaki chicken and herb chicken if you'd like them.

ALLRMINE

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 9:34 am
http://www.food.com/recipe/who.....95032

We made this recipe with appropriate substitutes and it was a hit!

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 1:15 pm
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....06340

You can also do tebeet.

1 whole chicken, rinsed, pat-dried, visible fat trimmed.
1/2 lbs skinless chicken breast or beef steak cubes, cut in tiny pieces
4 cups rice (not basmati), rinsed a few times till water is clear, soaked for 1hour and drained
1 large onion, chopped
1 chicken soup cube (or 2 cups chicken stock)
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp sweet spice mix (equal combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger)
3-4 cardamon pods, smashed (optional)
6 hardboiled eggs
1/2 tin chickpeas, drained except for 1tbsp liquid

Combine cut chicken breast/beef steak, 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 tbsp of spice mix and fill the chicken cavity (it should be loose). Close with small skewers/2 wooden toothpicks. Sear the whole chicken in the crock pot casserole, add chopped onion and cook till sauteed. Add 3 cups of water and chicken soup cube and bring to boil. Remove fat/scum if you want. Add rice, tomato paste, spice mix (save some for sprinkling before serving) and cardamon around the chicken. It needs to be cooked 1hour on high or 2hours on low before shabbat. Insert the boiled eggs in the rice, add chickpeas if using, cover the pot with a foil, and move the dial to low and cover before shabbat. For serving, mold rice (you should get nicely crisp bottom layer) around a big platter and arrange the chicken and eggs in the middle. Sprinkle with remaining spices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey