Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Exciting news to share and a hashgacha pratis story 4 u
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

beilariva

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:19 am
Mazal Tov Seraph!
I like your blog very much and I am looking forward to read your columns. May you soon be full time writing and creating and only clean your own house!

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:25 am
beilariva wrote:
Mazal Tov Seraph!
I like your blog very much and I am looking forward to read your columns. May you soon be full time writing and creating and only clean your own house!
Thank you! What a bracha!

jelibean

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 1:38 pm
jelibean wrote:
Mazel Tov, Seraph! Looks like you petitioned Hashem well enough to increase your ability to live frugally!

Is AMI looking for other writers? If so, what's the best way to contact them?

Seraph, could you answer my question above please? Again, mazel tov!

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 1:51 pm
jelibean wrote:
jelibean wrote:
Mazel Tov, Seraph! Looks like you petitioned Hashem well enough to increase your ability to live frugally!

Is AMI looking for other writers? If so, what's the best way to contact them?

Seraph, could you answer my question above please? Again, mazel tov!
I've got no clue.
http://www.amimagazine.org/ That might have more info.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 3:22 pm
Bli neder I'll scan the page in later for all of you to see!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 3:28 pm
They are taking outside submissions. I emailed an article a few weeks ago, waiting for a response.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 4:54 pm
Here goes: I blacked out Seraph's name for her privacy, so that not everyone here who doesnt know, has to know. enjoy! (P.S. I helped edit this piece Smile )

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 5:49 pm
For Seraph, your byline says if you can't squint well:
____ is a wife, mother, financial advisor, and frugal chef/caterer. She writes about her extreme frugality on her website, pennilessparenting.com

Firstly, nice job with that article Tongue Out I didn't read it all, but I think you captured what you were trying to do to get people hooked. Weren't you going to give weekly frugality in practice tips, though? Or is that later on?

Secondly, I don't know who wrote that byline but to me financial advisor means something a lot different than what you do. You give guidance, sure, to help people cut corners and make ends meet. I don't think you advise people how to invest their money for the future though...which is what financial advisor here means...I'm just pointing this out because I don't want you to lose any credibility. I want people to appreciate you for who you are and not dismiss you because of a mis-impression. You have a lot to share; I hope people are receptive enough to try it out Very Happy

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 5:57 pm
mazel tov!

jelibean

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 7:22 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
They are taking outside submissions. I emailed an article a few weeks ago, waiting for a response.

Thanks Mama Bear. Do you have a contact there? Also, I'd be interested in getting info. about editing, as I write and edit. Looks like a professional publication.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:45 pm
email editor@amimagazine.org I guess.

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:36 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
For Seraph, your byline says if you can't squint well:
____ is a wife, mother, financial advisor, and frugal chef/caterer. She writes about her extreme frugality on her website, pennilessparenting.com

Firstly, nice job with that article Tongue Out I didn't read it all, but I think you captured what you were trying to do to get people hooked. Weren't you going to give weekly frugality in practice tips, though? Or is that later on?

Secondly, I don't know who wrote that byline but to me financial advisor means something a lot different than what you do. You give guidance, sure, to help people cut corners and make ends meet. I don't think you advise people how to invest their money for the future though...which is what financial advisor here means...I'm just pointing this out because I don't want you to lose any credibility. I want people to appreciate you for who you are and not dismiss you because of a mis-impression. You have a lot to share; I hope people are receptive enough to try it out Very Happy
Thank you!
So what do you suggest changing that word to? I do give one on one specific financial advice to people who are having trouble financially for pay. What would you call that, if not "financial advisor"?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:41 pm
That is so cool. I bought it today so will check it out.

Tova

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:43 pm
Seraph, I love it and agree with HY's every word! You really rope people in.

It could be legally you can't even call yourself a financial advisor. I am a CPA and have taken exams to be a CFP - certified financial planner but because I don't yet have the experience (number of hours required) in hands-on financial planning to get the certification, I cannot call myself or advertise myself as a financial planner.

Maybe financial educator? financial consultant? They all have different connotations than financial advisor. Financial resource? Budgeting consultant?

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:47 pm
Tova wrote:
Seraph, I love it and agree with HY's every word! You really rope people in.

It could be legally you can't even call yourself a financial advisor. I am a CPA and have taken exams to be a CFP - certified financial planner but because I don't yet have the experience (number of hours required) in hands-on financial planning to get the certification, I cannot call myself or advertise myself as a financial planner.

Maybe financial educator? financial consultant? They all have different connotations than financial advisor. Financial resource? Budgeting consultant?
budgeting consultant could work. I'll ask them to switch it to that.

Thanks for the compliment!
HY, they were fine without having a specific tip this week, as long as I made it personal enough. I think I might have with that story.
Next issue its a more specific piece of advice.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:49 pm
Mazel Tov and much Hatzlacha Seraph!
I just wanted to say how much I look forward to getting to read your articles and recipes!

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:54 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Mazel Tov and much Hatzlacha Seraph!
I just wanted to say how much I look forward to getting to read your articles and recipes!
:-D
Thank you so much!

Ronit

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:13 pm
Seraph, I am so excited for you.

I enjoy reading your blog & I am looking forward to reading your column.

Now I need to go out & buy a copy of AMI.

pina colada

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:15 pm
Seraph wrote:
hila wrote:
Sounds great. Now we know why all the questions about American bank accounts Wink

Can we gt copies of this magazine here in EY ?
Haha, the question about american bank accounts wasn't just about that. I also get paid from google ads through my american bank account.
Yes, the magazine will definitely be available in Israel.

google ads on your blog? cool Smile

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:17 pm
Ronit wrote:
Seraph, I am so excited for you.

I enjoy reading your blog & I am looking forward to reading your column.

Now I need to go out & buy a copy of AMI.
Aww thanks!
Now I think I definitely need to start charging commission. :-D
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics