Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Succos Menus anyone??
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

#1mommy

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 2:32 pm
Thanks alot for the recipe. I think I'll try it too.

Esther23

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 3:04 pm
thanks for the quiche recipe!

Mevater

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 2:40 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:

veggie rolada

I read the recipe and Im wondering how people felt about the look/taste of it?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 9:15 am
Mevater wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:

veggie rolada

We didn't taste it yet, but it looks nice. I had some issues with the recipes which I posted hoping to get some answers from others who'd made it, but no one has responded.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 9:41 am
Ok, this is what I have made so far. we will have the chicken osso buco and chicken soup and lemon meringue pie tonight but otherwise I guess I will just see what we are in the mood of each meal.

homemade challa

starters
Chicken soup and Matza balls or
Fried Gefilta fish and salad or
Butternut squash soup

Main courses
meat Roast
sweet sour chicken
Chicken ossu buco
Meat stew in pumpkin
Meatballs in sauce
rosemary schnitzle

Sides
Cabbage and noodles
Potato kugel
Red rice
Green beans
Cauliflower popcorn
Onion kugel
roast baby potatoes

Desserts
Rum balls
Sponge cake
Banana cake
Apple tart
Lemon meringue pie
Rugelach
Chocolate sponge cake

realeez

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 10:45 am
Wed night:
zucchini soup
roast and potatoes
salads TBD

Thurs day: (+1 adult, 2 kids)
Soup
meatballs
Chicken puffs
Salads TBD
cupcakes with sauce

Thurs night:
Salmon
Sushi fish

Fri day: (+2 adults, 2 kids)
sushi rice salad w/ sushi gefilte fish
meatballs
Chicken and steak salad
sweet potato pie
Noodles and Cabbage Kugel
+1 salad
cupcakes with sauce

Fri Night:
chicken soup from freezer
roast with potatoes

Shabbos Lunch: (+2 adults)
Sushi Fish and sushi salad
spinach kugels
Cholent
chicken/steak salad
another salad

Lemon cake with rhubarb sauce

est

Post Thu, Sep 23 2010, 1:29 pm
realeez please can you post your recipe for Chicken puffs and Chicken and steak salad. thanks

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 6:34 am
est wrote:
realeez please can you post your recipe for Chicken puffs and Chicken and steak salad. thanks

Also for sushi gefilte fish pretty please??

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 6:35 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Mevater wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:

veggie rolada

We didn't taste it yet, but it looks nice. I had some issues with the recipes which I posted hoping to get some answers from others who'd made it, but no one has responded.

What issues did you have with it? Is there anythign that I can clarify for you?

By the way, for those who asked about freezing it, I did it and it came out great.

realeez

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 8:13 am
If anyone needs more detail, feel free to ask!

Chicken Puffs

Cook rice with onion soup mix in oven (Like 2 cups rice and 4 cups water with a few T of mix for 1.5 hours)

Cut up chicken breast into smallish pieces

Using puff pastry squares, put a heaping T of rice in the middle, a piece of chicken on top and then fold in opposite corners. Egg wash and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.

Sushi Gefilte Fish

Defrost a loaf of gefilte fish. Divide into 4 parts. Spread each part onto a sheet of nori. On one side, put grated carrots or any julienned veggies and roll up like sushi. Bake for about 25 minutes.

Steak and Chicken Salad

I marinated the steak and chicken in Montreal Steak Spice and pan fried the steak in a drop of olive oil and then towards the end, added the chicken.

The salad was a mix of a ton of veggies - romaine salad, purple cabbage, hearts of palm, tomatoes, etc and the dressing was roughly a 1/3 cup mayo, 1 tsp oregano, a bit of vinegar and like a tsp of sugar (if you are interested, I will give you exact quantities but I am NAK now!)

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 8:19 am
Sounds real yummy! 2 Qs though...

1) For the chicken puffs, do you find that they taste bland b/c lack of spices, or do you marinate the chicken first?

2) For the Sushi Gefilte Fish, does the nori get cruchy/hard/burnt? Can I slice it first and bake it covered? Also, the presentation sounds amazing, but how is the taste?

realeez

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 8:28 am
Sushi Gefilte Fish

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 8:30 am
realeez wrote:
Sushi Gefilte Fish
Question

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 9:13 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Mevater wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:

veggie rolada

By the way, for those who asked about freezing it, I did it and it came out great.

There seemed to be way too much vegetable in relation to the rest of the ingredients (and my veggies were only average sized not large, except maybe the onion), so that there wasn't enough to hold it together and it was very thick in the pan when baking. It also didn't hold together well enough to roll neatly for the same reason -- tasted great though. I think it needs less veggies (maybe only 1 potato and 1 sweet potato) unless you're using really small ones). I actually felt that I had enough mixture to fill 2 pans (again I'm assuming we're using jelly roll pans/rimmed cookie sheets/10 x 15" pans) here.

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 9:47 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Mevater wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:

veggie rolada

There seemed to be way too much vegetable in relation to the rest of the ingredients (and my veggies were only average sized not large, except maybe the onion), so that there wasn't enough to hold it together and it was very thick in the pan when baking. It also didn't hold together well enough to roll neatly for the same reason -- tasted great though. I think it needs less veggies (maybe only 1 potato and 1 sweet potato) unless you're using really small ones). I actually felt that I had enough mixture to fill 2 pans (again I'm assuming we're using jelly roll pans/rimmed cookie sheets/10 x 15" pans) here.

I think that the size of eggs that you use makes a difference for this recipe. With smaller eggs, I've had to use 5 instead of 4.. The veggies, I would assume that you could play around with it. But I've never had the problem of it being too thick to roll up (yes, your pan size is correct)...

I would tell you to try it out with 1 potato and 1 sweet potato, like you suggested.

realeez

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 10:07 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
realeez wrote:
Sushi Gefilte Fish
Question

I posted the recipe earlier but was trying to post a picture and then my computer got really slow so I left lol!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 10:09 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:

I think that the size of eggs that you use makes a difference for this recipe. With smaller eggs, I've had to use 5 instead of 4.. The veggies, I would assume that you could play around with it. But I've never had the problem of it being too thick to roll up (yes, your pan size is correct)...

I would tell you to try it out with 1 potato and 1 sweet potato, like you suggested.

My eggs were "large" eggs. I will probably make it again and will play with the quantities.

Thanks.

shanie5

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 12:21 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Mevater wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:

veggie rolada

I had the same problem. We ended up serving it in a bowl. It was very good, but didnt roll well or stay rolled either. And my eggs were on the large size too. I was also thinking-less veggies or more "batter".

allergypro

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 1:20 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
wow I'm feeling popular today! Wink

I use my regular ice cream base for mint choc chip ice cream, and I add min exrtact, green food coloring , and choc chips.

Ice cream:

In a mixer, beat 6 eggs for 15 minutes. Lower speed and gradually add 3/4 c. sugar. Add 2 small Rich's whips and continue to beat until fluffy and whip thickens.

I add the extract and f.coloring with the whip and the chips at the end.

[b]I attempted to make this tonight, but it flopped royally. Any clue what I may have done wrong?

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 5:22 am
allergypro wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:
wow I'm feeling popular today! Wink

I use my regular ice cream base for mint choc chip ice cream, and I add min exrtact, green food coloring , and choc chips.

Ice cream:

In a mixer, beat 6 eggs for 15 minutes. Lower speed and gradually add 3/4 c. sugar. Add 2 small Rich's whips and continue to beat until fluffy and whip thickens.

I add the extract and f.coloring with the whip and the chips at the end.

[b]I attempted to make this tonight, but it flopped royally. Any clue what I may have done wrong?

It has flopped once or twice before. First of all, you have to be careful with the eggs; if they go too long, they separate and get all grainy and gross. Second of all, if it is hot and humid in the kitchen, that could do it as well. But I have made it successfully at least 15-20 times.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics