Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Peanut Butter Topped Brownies from 8/25/10 Family First

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 7:55 am
Peanut Butter Topped Brownies

Brownie Base

2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1 1/2-2 cups chocolate chips
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2-1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 325. Combine sugar oil & water in saucepan. Cook over over low heat, stirring until it boils. Remove from heat. Add chips and stir til melted. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix vigorously with spoon until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda & salt and mix well (last 2 steps can be done in mixer -- I did it all by hand). Pour into a 10 x 15 baking pan lined with parchment. Bake 25-30 minutes until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. For moist, fudgy texture do not overbake. Cool.

Peanut Butter Cream
1/4 cup (50 grams) margarine, softened
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
3-4 Tbsp. soy milk

Beat margarine with peanut butter until blended. Add confectioner's sugar alternately with soy milk, beating to a spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies.

Chocolate Glaze

Place 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp. oil or margarine in microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir until chips are melted. Drizzle over peanut butter cream (use sandwich bag with tiny hole cut in corner). Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Cut into bars. Cover and store in refrigerator or freezer.

My notes: it was very hard to spread both the brownie base and the peanut butter cream to cover pan. I found I needed to double the amount of glaze to achieve a nice-looking drizzle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins