Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Hechsher-tablet k anyone?

boro park

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:13 pm
does anyone know of the tablet k hechsher and who is the rav there? I would like to buy there but need info first.

elf123

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:18 pm
As far as I know, it's pretty widely known to not be acceptable. Obviously there will be people here who disagree with me. A quote from my DH who's in the other room: "Every qualified rabbi I've spoken to about it says not to use it."

mindyme

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:37 pm
What does tablet-k look like?

mama mia

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:41 pm
Check the crc website. Also, if you call them directly they will tell you if they recommend a certain hashgacha. 773-465-3900

elf123

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:42 pm
http://images.fsenablers.com/K.....8.pdf

JC

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:43 pm
Its the outline of the 10 commandment tablets with (arched tops) and a K inside.

I also dont know anyone orthodox who uses it... though my life would be much easier if it was, oh to be able to buy fishsticks in any supermarket..

frimamom

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:43 pm
A family member of mine works in hashgachos and said its not reliable.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:46 pm
I was told that its an iffy hechsher, but could be relied upon if we were somewhere that better kosher food was not reliable. I was also told their brie cheese was ok to buy (asked our Rav about a specific product).

elf123

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 10:51 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
I was told that its an iffy hechsher, but could be relied upon if we were somewhere that better kosher food was not reliable. I was also told their brie cheese was ok to buy (asked our Rav about a specific product).

I'm not trying to bash here, just don't understand what that means. Like, if you would starve otherwise? Or if you forgot to pack lunch for your trip? If someone told you it was "iffy" (which in and of itself sounds strange, like being "almost pregnant") then why would it be okay to eat it under certain circumstances? Unless they told you, drinks/snack foods/whatever are permissible, but not canned goods/yogurt/whatever....

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 11:00 pm
elf123 wrote:
saw50st8 wrote:

I'm not trying to bash here, just don't understand what that means. Like, if you would starve otherwise? Or if you forgot to pack lunch for your trip? If someone told you it was "iffy" (which in and of itself sounds strange, like being "almost pregnant") then why would it be okay to eat it under certain circumstances? Unless they told you, drinks/snack foods/whatever are permissible, but not canned goods/yogurt/whatever....

If I'm in NY and food with an OU is plentiful, then I shouldn't be buying it.

If I'm in Oklahoma and I'm hungry and all that's kosher is gorton's fish sticks, its fine.

Its not a foriegn concept - many people do this with Chalav Yisroel/Chalav Stam. Or with other levels of kashrus.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics