Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HCG diet - questions and answers
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

May

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 12:33 am
I became very interested in the HCG diet from the other thread, but there is a lot of information floating around and a lot of naysayers, so it very difficulty to get a good understanding. I was hoping this thread can be a place where people who are really interested in doing/finding out more about this diet can ask questions, and for those of you who have experience with the diet to answers. Critics, please use the other thread to voice your criticism.

The following are some questions I have, that I would truly appreciate a response from people who have "been there done that" -

How much weight did you lose in how much time?

How/where did you do this diet? (I.e. Were you under the guidance of a specific Dr./clinic or did you buy the product and just do it yourself?)

What form of HCG did you use?

Honestly - how hungry were you?

Have you had success keeping the weight off?

Thanks in advance. Any informed responses appreciated!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 3:38 am
very good idea! But I am also interested in why the person or people who said it was no good said so.
But only if they had tried the diet. If they tried it and were not successful I want to know why they didn't succeed.
Should I post these questions in the other thread?

May

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:10 am
No, I want to make an informed decision. I am very willing to hear negative responses to my questions from people who have actually tried it and were unhappy/unsuccessful. I just want this thread to be free of critics who have done minimal research and are just writing their initial reaction. That's why I said "Any informed responses appreciated!". That includes negative, as long as its from first hand experience.

LeahRivka

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 8:38 am
Maybe you should check the topic being discussed here:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0

May

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 10:21 am
This thread was intended to be a spin-off of that one. That one is full of naysayers and it's hard to pick through all the posts to find the ones that are actually educated about this diet and know what they are talking about.

ganizzy

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 11:52 am
The following are some questions I have, that I would truly appreciate a response from people who have "been there done that" -

How much weight did you lose in how m uch time?
I lost 20 pounds in 21 days. I prob would have lost more in the beg but I was making cookies and challah... and ur not supposed to touch oil [color=red] I lost about one inch on my arms, thighs, legs, calves... and about 3-4 inches on my waist and hips[/color]

How/where did you do this diet? (I.e. Were you under the guidance of a specific Dr./clinic or did you buy the product and just do it yourself ?)

I did the program myself

What form of HCG did you use?[color=black] [/color]
I used the oral homeopathic spray - with a hechsher

Honestly - how hungry were you?[
the first 2 or 3 days I was hungry then after that I was not hungry except right b4 meal time

its not even 2 weeks since I finished. but honestly and dissapointingly I actually didnt do the second step of the diet - and I pretty went back to eating normal and also had some cake and candy, yet so far I only gained back under 2 pounds (and this is a weigh in after shabbos so hopefully ill go down) im going to try to get back on track

Thanks in advance. Any informed responses appreciated![/quote]

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 12:10 pm
I used the oral homeopathic spray - with a hechsher

Where does one buy this spray?

ganizzy

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 12:13 pm
http://myfatcure.com/mfc/

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 1:50 pm
Thank you. Have you seen any link there to the kashrus certification -- they claim to be certified by the Kof-K but I'd like to see the actual Kof-K certification stating that (I've emailed the Kof-K as well, but if someone has that info that is just as good).

Thanks.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 2:18 pm
I am interested in the products you used whilst on the diet. Makeup, moisturiser, deodorant etc.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 2:19 pm
May wrote:
I became very interested in the HCG diet from the other thread, but there is a lot of information floating around and a lot of naysayers, so it very difficulty to get a good understanding. I was hoping this thread can be a place where people who are really interested in doing/finding out more about this diet can ask questions, and for those of you who have experience with the diet to answers. Critics, please use the other thread to voice your criticism.

How much weight did you lose in how much time?
34 lbs in each round, 40 times two.

How/where did you do this diet? (I.e. Were you under the guidance of a specific Dr./clinic or did you buy the product and just do it yourself?)
My doctor told me about the diet, but I wasn't under his supervision, I only bought the one he recommended and did hours and hours of research online. Forums and Vlogs.

Homeopathic HCG:
http://diyhcg.com/

Honestly - how hungry were you?

The first round I was hungry for 2-3 days (part of detoxing), but this second round I wasn't hungry AT ALL! In both rounds I did not eat all the recomended food. It's o.k. to skip the fruit, but very important to eat your protien.
I did NOT eat the melba or grissini that's allowed.

Yes, but I need to lose another 35 lbs, so I will be taking the time off as Dr. Simeons requires and then will start another round.
But realize, it's possible to regain weight, after any diet. But I did see what the dr says about resetting your hypothalmus, my taste changed and I saw other changes for the better

Thanks in advance. Any informed responses appreciated!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 2:24 pm
You said you used:
Homeopathic HCG:

Do these have any kind of hashgocha?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 2:37 pm
ganizzy congrats on your weightloss.
I'm the previous amother, and also one of the amothers from the other thread.
I want to encourage you to do P3 correctly, I've read so much about pp having problems with stabilizing if they skip this step.
I actually find it easier than P4 since, when done correctly, you DON'T gain weight.

Here is an explanation that's easy to understand, I took it from here:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/W.....07482

This is a basic unscientific explanation of how hcg works:
In a pregnant woman (which is where hcg is made) it works like this: no matter what the woman eats, the body figures that the fetus needs nourishment, so this hormone acts on the hypothalmus in the woman's brain to "unlock" the fat storage system. Basically, it "tells" the body to stop storing fat and metabolize it for the baby's development.
On the diet, it works pretty much the same but the amount of hcg is way less. The hormone acts on the hypothalmus telling the body to stop storing fat and start metabolizing it.
You eat more on the first two days to stock your body's fat stores(sounds strange and illogical but it works). Then when you start the very low calorie diet on the third day, your body knows that there is enough fat stores so it won't starve and starts to metabolize the previously unreachable abnormal fat stores. This fat metabolization gives your body about 2000 calories a day to live off of. Then when you add the 500 calories from the food you eat, you are actually using 2500 calories a day. (Pretty much enough for anyone to live off of) The 500 calories you consume is to keep you from protein deprivation and to supply your body with vitamins and minerals. Since your body is actually using 2500 calories a day, that is why most people do not experience hunger.
When people follow this protocol as prescribed by Dr. Simeons, they get into a state of ketosis. This means they are burning fat, NOT lean muscle mass. Also, for a lot of people, their blood sugars and cholesterol go down, making them MORE healthy.
At the end of the diet protocol when you reach your goal weight, the body is able to tell when it is full, so you naturally eat less. It is not based on will power at that point, but the proper working of the hypothalmus gland which prior to the diet was not working correctly as shown by all the fat storage.
This diet and hormone protocol really works but the FDA has not approved it. That is true, but WHY have they not approved it for weight loss? My guess is that most of what gets studied for approval by the FDA is paid for by the drug companies who want it to get approved. Therefore, since no drug company stands to profit from America breaking the obesity, diet, pill, surgery treadmill, no drug company will spend the money to research the great effects of this diet. And if I remember correctly, the FDA has not banned hcg it has said that it hasn't been proven to affect weight loss. That is a BIG difference.

May

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 2:47 pm
ganizzy wrote:
http://myfatcure.com/mfc/

Thanks so much ganizzy and the amothers who responded! I watched the video on my fat cure and according to what he says his spray sounds good, but how did you know that he isn't a bogus like the rest of them? A lot of what I have read says not to buy the hcg off the internet.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
You said you used:
Homeopathic HCG:

Do these have any kind of hashgocha?

I'm not sure.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 3:03 pm
In one of my research sessions, I came across this article about why NOT to do this, well I read it and then read the comments. (The comment below is from there.) There are many pp with experience that have done it and they comment there. For someone serious about doing the HCG diet, you might want to read other pp personal experience.
Here is the link:

http://www.dietsinreview.com/d.....loss/

I ran across this article while doing some internet research about hcg. I've read ALL the comments here. I am by nature skeptical and I will read everything imaginable before making a decision.

However, upon reading about all the scary side effects, this is what stands out in my mind. I've been pregnant - not just pregnant, but pregnant with quadruplets. My initial pregnancy test 10 days after implantation had such a high level of hcg (more than 10 times the standard dose for the diet) that the doctor told me prior to the first ultrasound that it was multiples. (More babies = more hcg in your body.) From everything I've read, the dosage with the diet (injections or drops) is much, much lower than even a single pregnancy would provide a body with. So, if there are all these horrible side effects, why isn't it killing pregnant women? Why didn't I have any major problems? I felt good those first three months, slept well, ate like a fool and never gained a drop of weight. Yes, I was not the norm in that my body was feeding four extra people. And after I started ballooning to my full pregnancy size, I was tired and cranky. You would be too if you had four babies inside you! But I've had no long-term ill effects from the hormone in my system. And this happened more than a decade ago.

I'm only looking to try this now, because in the last couple of years I've gained about 35 pounds, and NOTHING I have tried has taken it off. I am doing daily cardio, 3 times a week strength training and eating 1000 - 1200 calories per day of lean protein, lots of fresh vegetables, fruits and complex carbs. Organic as much as possible. No refined carbs, no bad fats, and very little sodium. I drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. I weigh all my food, and track everything on my computer. I've had one fast food burger (no sauces and no fries) and a small piece of carrot cake in over two months. In the first 6 weeks of this, I lost 2 pounds. Talk about frustrating!

I've never been one to follow any fads and I eat healthy, for the most part, even when not trying to lose weight. I dealt with a personal tragedy and it was after that I started gaining the weight. It's taken coming out of my grief to be able to face it and starting working on it.

I am willing to give this a try because if hcg at the levels I was experiencing while pregnant did not harm me, I am not worried that these small amounts are problematic. It just seems like common sense to me.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:25 pm
Excuse my "cut and paste" from the other thread. I'm not "amother", and I'm not selling anything. Anyone is welcome to PM me for more details.

I'm on day 28 of the diet, and I've lost 14 pounds by doing the shots. That's the very least of it!

I have fibromyalgia, or rather, I can say that I HAD it. It's completely in remission, and for the first time in years I am not in constant pain. Baruch Hashem! I haven't had a migraine in weeks, and I have so much more energy. I can do yardwork again and not have to live on codeine for the next three days. I actually want to get out and walk more, take my daughter to the park, and do more visiting on Shabbos. I almost never nap now. My cystic acne and rosacea has cleared up and I no longer need to wear foundation, just a little powder. My IBS is completely gone, and I can eat all of the foods that used to trigger horrible bouts of painful (and embarrassing) gas.

I never would have tried something this "crazy" if my sister hadn't lost 65 pounds, and cured her fibro and IBS as well. She looks gorgeous, better than I've seen her in years. Now she's my coach. Very Happy She's been off the shots for quite a while now, and is still pain free. I did slip and have a small piece of cake the other day, and I ended up with a horrible sugar headache for the next six hours. Oy, it was awful. I am really not tempted to do that again, I'm beginning to think that cake is overrated. Wink

If I was doing this just for 20 or 30 "vanity pounds" then forget it, I'd just eat my chocolate and buy the next size up in clothing. I never thought in a million years I'd voluntarily give up sugar and carbs (my two favorite food groups), but my health is worth it. I have so much hope for "getting my life back", I could almost cry. I've davened so hard for a refuah, and this is nothing short of a miracle.

BTW, if you're worried about needles, they are absolutely tiny. It really hurts less than plucking out one of your eyebrows. As far as safety goes, you are not injecting the medicine into a vein or even a muscle. You inject it into a layer of fat (you do have some of those, right?). There is no harm in accidentally getting a tiny little air bubble in your fat layers. If there was, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this, because I'm kinda lazy about getting out every last little air molecule. On a purely psychological level, I find it very satisfying to be shooting medicine into the belly fat that has plagued me for so long, and then watching that fat shrink a bit every day. There, take THAT you stupid fat! Very Happy

On Shabbos I eat by people who understand what I'm doing for my health, and don't get offended if I bring along my own meal. I think it's funny that the kids are always looking over at my plate and going "Mommy, we want what she's having!"

I also want to add that the first couple of weeks I had to do some real soul searching about my relationship to food. I quit smoking a couple of years ago, and gained 25 pounds. I had to look at how I was using food to deal with stress or boredom. I had to ask myself "Are you really hungry, or do you just want to munch on something?" You have to be honest with yourself and get in touch with your body. Learn how to feel your guts, check in with your blood sugar, and be in control of your health. If you're feeling run down and you want to eat a granola bar, that may actually be your body trying to tell you that you should go to bed an hour earlier, and NOT that you need to eat more! Being aware of yourself in that way is what will keep the weight off in the long run.

noosheen

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 9:29 am
I have a question re this diet. does anyone know where I can get this hcg hormone in canada? does it need to be ordered online? also, I am VERY hormone sensitive, will this diet work for me?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 9:40 am
noosheen wrote:
I have a question re this diet. does anyone know where I can get this hcg hormone in canada? does it need to be ordered online? also, I am VERY hormone sensitive, will this diet work for me?

Take a look at www.myfatcure.com for more information.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 6:04 am
OK, I'm going to totally blow my own cover here by giving you ladies the link to my LiveJournal account. I hope you will please treat my LJ with confidentiality. I tag all of my diet entries to make it easy to reference them. http://hannahsarah.livejournal.....0diet They are listed from newest to oldest, so you'll have to read back to the first post and then read forward.

You'll find links to supplies, mail order hcg, research and my weight loss diary. I hope I can help more people look (and more importantly) feel better.

If you have an LJ account, feel free to add me to your friends list and I'll be happy to answer your questions.
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise