Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Special Hour for Prayer TOMORROW

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 7:51 am
In Sefer Hayoshor it is quoted in the name of the Ramban that the 9th hour of the 9th day of the 9th month is a special time for davening to Hashem. Kislev is the 9th month starting from Nissan and Sivan is the 9th month starting from Tishrei.

Tomorrow is the 9th day (Tes) of the 9th month (Sivan). So the 9th hour is an eis ratzon to be misspallel. (The 9th hour may be a bit different in other parts of the world.)

Eliyahu Hanavi on Har HaCarmel was answered in the 9th hour. The holy sefer Bris Menucha which has a haskameh from the Ariza"l cites this inyen and mentions that the ninth hour of the ninth day of the ninth month is the channel of all shefa. The Rebono Shel Olam should accept all our tefillos and bakoshes, amen.

Important to realize that the hour in the winter cannot be 60 full minutes because there are no 12 hours in a day. In the summer, the hour is more than 60 minutes. It’s sho’oh z’maniyos, daytime flexible hours.

Since it’s Friday I don’t have the time to figure out the 15-25 minutes according to all shittos. Here’s an easy way to figure out the hour according to one shitta:

In ISRAEL tomorrow the Netz is 5:35 a.m. and the Shkiah is 7:35 p.m. (or 19:35).
Multiply the hours by minutes and add the remaining amount of minutes.
The Netz at 5 hours and 35 minutes = 335 minutes
The Shkiah at 19 hours and 40 minutes = 1175 minutes
The difference of the amount of minutes between the Shkiah and the Netz: 1175-335=840 minutes
Divide 840 minutes by 12 hours of daytime = 70 minutes per hour
Multiply 70 by 8 hours (the hour that is mesugal for prayer (from 8th hour to the 9th)): 560 minutes
Divide 560 back into hours: 560 / 60 = 9.33 (9 hours plus 33% of 60 minutes)
Calculate the percentage of the minutes into actual minutes: 33 x 60% = 19.8 minutes
Add the 9 hours and 19.8 minutes to the Netz: 5:35 + 9:19:80 = 14:55:20
The 8th hour in Yerushalayim tomorrow is therefore 2:55:20 - 4:05:20 p.m.

More on this topic has been mentioned here and here.

If I’ll have the time later, I’ll bl"n try to figure out the 15-25 minutes according to all shittos for Israel. (In the winter it was about 10-15 minutes according to all shittos. In the summer, it’s a few minutes longer.) If anyone is interested for their own city, PM me and if I’ll have time before Shabbos, I’ll try to figure it out, bl”n.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 8:01 am
I would love to know for Paris!

bubby

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 8:37 am
Anything special we are supposed to daven for? Like is it a time when we daven for children or parnassah or shidduchim etc?

mamaleh

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 8:48 am
Thanks for the info!
One point though, given that it is Shabbos you might want to ask your LOR what things you are allowed to daven for. I once learned that in general we do not daven for personal needs on Shabbos. That is one of the reasons why our Amidah is different, we also don't usually say Tehillim for a choleh, etc.
Don't know if this applies here, as I haven't asked. If anyone does ask, please post the response.
Thank You!

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 9:33 am
Mamaleh that's very interesting! what is your shitta?

HindaRochel

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 9:38 am
Thank you for this!!!

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 10:16 am
In Israel the special hour tomorrow is between 2:55:20 p.m. - 4:05:20 p.m. according to one shitta, but these 17 minutes 3:41 p.m. - 3:58 p.m. are within the hour according to all shittos.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 10:29 am
In Lakewood, NJ, these 18.5 minutes {4:07 p.m. - 4:25:27 p.m.} are within the hour according to all shittos.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 10:50 am
In Paris, France, these 19.5 minutes {5:14 p.m. - 5:33:42 p.m.} are within the hour according to all shittos.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 11:00 am
mamaleh wrote:
Thanks for the info!
One point though, given that it is Shabbos you might want to ask your LOR what things you are allowed to daven for. I once learned that in general we do not daven for personal needs on Shabbos. That is one of the reasons why our Amidah is different, we also don't usually say Tehillim for a choleh, etc.
Don't know if this applies here, as I haven't asked. If anyone does ask, please post the response.
Thank You!

In Birchas Hachodesh we pray for parnosseh, rain, refuah shelemah, among others. Is a personal tefillah any different?

May all our tefillos be niskabel berachmim uverotzon. Gut Shabbos.

mamaleh

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 1:44 pm
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
mamaleh wrote:
Thanks for the info!
Thank You!

In Birchas Hachodesh we pray for parnosseh, rain, refuah shelemah, among others. Is a personal tefillah any different?

That is what I was taught, but I did not ask specifically about this Eis Ratzon.

(And Amen!!)

bubby

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 2:56 pm
Do we know what time in NY?

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sat, May 22 2010, 4:27 pm
mamaleh wrote:
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
mamaleh wrote:
Thanks for the info!
Thank You!

That is what I was taught, but I did not ask specifically about this Eis Ratzon.
(And Amen!!)

Do you have a source?

Perhaps it means that you're allowed to pray for parnosseh in general but not a specific request like, let's say, to be accepted at this and this place as a teacher or whatever?

SoGrateful

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 5:37 am
Bumping this up since today is the 9th of Kislev.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics