Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Outings in Israel
1  2  Next

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 5:49 am
Who has places to recommend for outings with the children in the vacation? Even better if it's cheap or free.

Ashdod - Gan Hacity - free park with lots of amazing equipment to play on

Nes Ziyona- park opposite the canyon has lots of equipment and also a small zoo - free

Ashkeluna water park - call up to ask which days are separate for men /women - really worth the money- lots of slides etc

Chanyon Ein Zeitim - between Zefat and Meron has picnic in the shade and really good children's play equipment - free

willow

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 6:10 am
Can I add to your post and ask if anyone knows of fun cheap things to do in Israel that is not just for little kids?

suomynona

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 6:44 am
We took the 99 double decker bus tour around Yerushalyim last year.
It was very nice.
I forgot how much it costs but it was not expensive. You can check the egged website.

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 7:20 am
Anything else for dh and I? It's our 4th yr anniversary and b/4 we always went out to eat but dh doesn't want to spend a lot of $$. I was thinking going to the kotel and then a picnic somewhere. but where? or somewhere nice to eat but not expensive (we've gone to sheyan/yoja b/4 but thats way too expensive for us now).

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 7:34 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
Anything else for dh and I? It's our 4th yr anniversary and b/4 we always went out to eat but dh doesn't want to spend a lot of $$. I was thinking going to the kotel and then a picnic somewhere. but where? or somewhere nice to eat but not expensive (we've gone to sheyan/yoja b/4 but thats way too expensive for us now).

yup, I know what you feel like. my first year anniversary is coming up really soon and I would love totake my husband to a wonderful meaty restaurant that I know he would love, I also dont want to spend oodles of money. I also was thinking of a picnic somewhere and I know that when we were dating we went to yemin moshe and both really loved it. that might be a nice picnic area. there are also some lovely parks in the rehavia/katamon/nachlaot/shaarei chesed area.

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 7:43 am
whats/wheres yemin moshe?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 7:59 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
whats/wheres yemin moshe?

oh, sorry, sometimes I just assume that b/c I know where someplace is everyone else does too embarrassed Confused

have you ever heard of the wind mill? the famous one that is in the area that is called yemin moshe after moses montefoire.

how can I explain where it is? do you know where the inbal hotel is? or the restaurant little italy on keren hayesod? if you go left at that traffic light, you will get to the windmill park and then of you keep on going it becomes beautifull homes and greenery of yemin moshe.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 8:23 am
What about a picnic in the Jerusalem forest?

A nice, inexpensive restaurant (milky, though) is in Center 1, next to the central bus station in Yerushalayim. (Mehadrin Rabbanut Yerushalayim).
There's a meat one also there but I never tried it.

suomynona

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 8:28 am
If you don't want to go out to eat, you can go out for ice cream.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 9:59 am
There's a Luna park near Tel aviv, it's great! I went there during my sheva brachos LOL

mali

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 5:20 pm
I'd go kayaking, or to tzuk manara, both up north.

Mommy912

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 5:52 pm
You guys are making me so jealous! Enjoy every minute of your time in beautiful Eretz Yisroel Smile

challi

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 4:17 am
how about ganei yehoshua for a picnic,boats etc.

gan soccer and the rose garden are pretty too.
also, monkey park, but I have no idea if it's expensive or not(never been there)

Mishie

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 4:24 am
We took our kids to the Monkey Park one Chol-HaMoed.

It was nice, but pretty packed!!!

It was about 48 shekels pp.

My kids had a lot of fun there!!!

frayda

Post Fri, Jul 07 2006, 2:30 am
We just went with the kids to a place called BaLagan in Kibbutz Gagur. It's a great place for kids between the ages of 1-10. When we went they were having a sale so we got in for half price, I think it regularly costs 50 shek per child.

batya_d

Post Fri, Jul 07 2006, 6:42 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:

I'm also looking for fun/interesting things to do for DH and I in the Y-m area after the summer zman is over. Are there any good walking tours of the old city? Bus tours/walking tours of town in English?

Where is Sheyan/Yoja? I need a place for my birthday dinner next month. I've heard there is a good steakhouse called Gaucho or something?

suomynona

Post Fri, Jul 07 2006, 8:11 am
Batya, like I mentioned before, I really recommend the egged #99 bus tour around yerushalayim. You can listen to a taped tour in a few languages. If you go on a nice day on the top level, it's really beautiful. Just make sure your husband wears something to keep his yarmulka in place.
The whole tour is 2 hours and stops all over the city. You can also get on and off at any stop during the same day.

I'm sure there are lots of walking tours of the old city. I once took a tour of the kosel tunnels and the old city. I think it was by Hoffman tours.

challi

Post Sat, Jul 08 2006, 4:34 pm
Quote:
Where is Sheyan/Yoja? I need a place for my birthday dinner next month. I've heard there is a good steakhouse called Gaucho or something?

yoja is on emek refaim in the german colony...El gaucho I don't believe is kosher in Yerushalyim, but you might want to check, there is an El Gaucho in Ramat Gan, on the border of Bnei brak that is kosher with a heksher from Machpud if you want to go all the way there, they are both good(in my own opinion)

french mummy

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 2:42 pm
Id like to go to Chafetz Chaim "water centre" Any ideas how to get there frmo Beni Brak and any more info?

Mishie

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 3:07 pm
Here is the Chafetz Chayim Water Park's Web-Site.
It should have all the info on there.
Have Fun!!!

http://www.hafetz-hayim.co.il/park.htm
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions