Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken recipes/ideas- NOT sweet
1  2  Next

ray family

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 1:21 pm
looking for some chicken recipes
nothing w/ sugar or fruits.
thanks!!

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 1:22 pm
I do simple.

Tonight is mayo/ketchup mixed and rolled in corn flakes crumbs.

I do the regular one with flour, eggs, and crumbs too.

Barbara

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 1:32 pm
(I) Marinate chicken in 4 T teriyaki sauce, 1 T olive oil, garlic and ginger. Bake (350, 25 minutes for cutlets)

(ii) Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic. Place in baking dish. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.

(iii) Mix egg wtih dijon mustard in a shallow bowl. Place panko in a second bowl. Dip chicken cutlets in egg mixture, then panko. Pan fry in a bit of olive oil to brown, then bake.

I'm sure I have dozens more. Give me a better idea what you're looking for. I don't usually *do* sweet chicken -- sweet is for dessert only.

sruth1

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 1:34 pm
Easy and quick recipe,
Mix ketchup and mustard, coat well on chicken and sprinkle with garlic and onion powder. Bake for 1 hr 15 minutes at 350. I usualy do not like mustard but you do not get a mustard taste.

ray family

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 1:43 pm
*amendment- no ketchup either LOL !!
keep the ideas coming!

edited for spelling

MommaB

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 6:55 pm
I do whole chicken - add whole garlic cloves (lots), sprinkle with rosemary and salt, sprinkle around 3T of balsamic vinegar. Bake. Also, put whole chicken on baking sheet, make a circle of kosher salt around it, and bake at around 400. Comes out crispy - not at all salty.

ssmorah

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 8:59 am
Corn flake crumbs plus garlic powder, sprinkle on chicken pieces (skinned or not) or roll the pieces in it (or shake them in a paper bag). Bake until done - it's yummy and crispy. If you heat it for Shabbat Day it will still taste good, but it won't be crispy.

Sherri

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:04 am
sruth1 wrote:
Easy and quick recipe,
Mix ketchup and mustard, coat well on chicken and sprinkle with garlic and onion powder. Bake for 1 hr 15 minutes at 350. I usualy do not like mustard but you do not get a mustard taste.
Mmmm- I like this idea, especially since there are no bread crumbs in this recipe. I think I will try this next week!

tanachit

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:08 am
empty a can of beer over the chicken and cook covered until last 20 minutes. uncover and brown for last 20 min.
dry white wine and onions
dry white wine and mushrooms and mushrooms
40 clove chicken- 40 whole cloves, some rosemary and a little olive oil
red wine (this will make your chicken purple) with onions

Sherri

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:16 am
tanachit wrote:
This sounds so good. What's the taste (I know that's a hard question to answer- but try? Smile )Also, can you give amounts for 4 quarters of chicken?

HappyMommy23

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:30 am
tomato sauce or paste (I prefer sauce) with either oregano or basil.

lemon and garlic

SorGold

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:37 am
1. mix olive oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder and cumin and rub over chicken

2. tons of fresh garlic in sleeve (maybe 2 heads), onion powder, garlic, bit of salt and fresh pepper and 1TBS balsamic vinegar over top

3. pour a jar of marinara sauce over chicken (barilla with sweet peppers has no added sugar). You can add any veggies you like such as mushrooms, zuchinnni, green beans etc.

4. use dutch oven or large pot. make your own sauce using 2 cans tomato sauce, mushrooms, sauteed onion and small pieces of zuchinni and carrot and a TBS white wine. Brown chicken on sauteed veggies and add sauce and wine and basil.

tanachit

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:41 am
Sherri wrote:
tanachit wrote:
This sounds so good. What's the taste (I know that's a hard question to answer- but try? Smile )Also, can you give amounts for 4 quarters of chicken?

You actually get mostly a chickeny flavor- the wine makes it a little tangy and keeps it soft in the oven. It sort of enhances then flavor of the chicken (kind of like making scrambled eggs in schmaltz- it makes them more flavorful but not differently flavored).
as for amounts- I put my quarters in a deep baking dish and mostly cover them. So it depends on the dish. I put most of the mushrooms around the chicken in the wine- they absorb the flavor and get this nice winey taste, and put a few slices on each quarter. Bake covered except for the last 20 minutes- so the skin will get crispy.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:42 am
Southern style chicken (spread 2 Tbsp mayo, 1 Tbsp Dijon mustarrd and spices on skinnless chicken cut into eighths, dip in breadcrumbs, spray or brush with oil, bake uncovered at 375 for 1 hour)

Succulent chicken (place 1-2 sliced onions on bottom of pan, mix 4 chicken bottoms with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp Kosher salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 4 cloves garlic cut in half, pour into pan on top of onions, baked covered at 350 for 2-1/2 hours)

Herb roasted chicken (mix 4 chicken bottoms, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp parsley flakes, 1 Tbsp onion powder, 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp Kosher salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, arrange in pan and bake uncovered at 400 for 1 hour and 10 minutes (can use a larger pan, add halved baby red potatoes, doubles spices, and make a 1 pan dinner)

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jun 20 2011, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shalshelet

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:49 am
here are some ideas that are not sweet but also really tasty

chicken with olives

chicken marsala

chicken with zucchini and tomatoes

chicken with multi-colored peppers

lemon-onion chicken (for crockpot)

Tapuzi

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 10:00 am
I douse either a whole chicken or cut up chicken in lemon juice, smear with defrosted garlic cubes or sprinkle with fresh chopped garlic, sprinkle with pepper, paprika and (preferably) fresh, thyme leaves. The lemon juice intensifies and it's SO good if yo like lemon.

geemum

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 10:03 am
which type of recipes are you looking for:

roast chicken (on the bone)?

or chicken cutlets?

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 10:37 am
Oh, I forgot:

Greek chicken (arrange 1 chicken cut into eights, 1 onion cut into chunks, and 4 halved cloves garlic in a pan. quarter a lemon and squeeze over chicken then add lemon pieces to pan. drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup white wine. season with lots of oregano, salt and pepper. sprinkle 3/4 cup chopped black olives over chicken. bake uncovered at 450 for 1 hour. garnish with whole black olives)

Italian chicken (arrange 4 chicken bottoms cut into eights, 1 very small green zucchini and 1 yellow squash zucchini halved lengthwise and cut into half moons, and half a container of halved grape or cherry tomatoes in pan, pour 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing over chicken, bake uncovered at 350 for 2 hours)

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, May 06 2010, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

shanie5

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 12:31 pm
If you like a zing when you take a bite, try lime pepper. just sprinkle (I like a lot of it) on the chicken, bake anywhere from 1 1/2 hours-2 1/2 hours. the longer u bake, the softer the chicken.

smileyface

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 1:55 pm
My favorite is crunchy breaded chicken.
dip chicken in mayo then in flavored breadcrumbs.
bake for about 45min-1hr uncovered.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey