Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Maclaren Stollers

Kumphort

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 2:55 pm
I am at the point where I need to buy a double stroller, we are leaning very strongly toward the Maclaren Double, because of the good reviews that it got. My big hesitation is it's lack of any sort of child tray. Now we have a Graco and everytime we go out practically my 2 year old uses the child tray. Now in the summertime, he always has a drink with him, I gues he is old enough to carry it.

should I let the lack of childtray stop me from buying this stroller and go with something else? or just make do like e/o does?

shopaholic

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 3:21 pm
I personally don't like the way a Maclaren pushes but they are excellent strollers. As for the drink, I'm sure you can get something that clips to the stroller to put a water bottle in.

wtvr

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 5:52 pm
I have a Maclaren Global, (it's a single) and it come with a cup/bottle holder attached to the handle. See if the double has the same thing.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 9:30 am
I have the maclaren double. About it missing a child tray what do u want one for? is it for a toy- then u can hang it up on the sides. if it's to hold the food, u can buy a cute snack holder & they can always tuck in next to themselves..
Just want to let u know it's so heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it weighs like 23 lbs I think. it ways almost double than the aria

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 10:34 am
happy2beme wrote:
I have the maclaren double. About it missing a child tray what do u want one for? is it for a toy- then u can hang it up on the sides. if it's to hold the food, u can buy a cute snack holder & they can always tuck in next to themselves..
Just want to let u know it's so heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it weighs like 23 lbs I think. it ways almost double than the aria

Um, 23 lbs for a double stroller is pretty good, but I am not quite sure Maclaren got that small. Last I heard was 25 lbs. But I might be wrong, and there are 2 different models.
The Aria is one of a kind in its weight category.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 11:21 am
Quote:
Um, 23 lbs for a double stroller is pretty good, but I am not quite sure Maclaren got that small. Last I heard was 25 lbs. But I might be wrong, and there are 2 different models.

I said, "like" I wasn't sure exactly how much my stroller weighs, although I do see online there's one that weighs 21.6 lbs, so they do make less than 25 lbs.
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pr......html

23 lbs is good???! sorry, but every time I lift that stroller into the the car & out - it hurts my back. personally, I would go for the 'one of a kind' since it's so much lighter.
they have got to start making these strollers lighter!! 8)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 12:42 pm
happy2beme wrote:
Quote:

I said, "like" I wasn't sure exactly how much my stroller weighs, although I do see online there's one that weighs 21.6 lbs, so they do make less than 25 lbs.
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pr......html

23 lbs is good???! sorry, but every time I lift that stroller into the the car & out - it hurts my back. personally, I would go for the 'one of a kind' since it's so much lighter.
they have got to start making these strollers lighter!! 8)

Hey I agree that strollers need to be lighter, but the Aria is very expensive (well, so are the Maclarens) and just don't handle bumps that well since they're made out of lightweight material. It's a toss-up of what's more important to you.
Some people I know have a very cheap double umbrella stroller with no frills or features for the car, and a sturdier stroller for shabbos walks or whatever.
I am hoping by the time I'm ready for a double stroller the market will be better. I don't like any of the options out there.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 12:46 pm
Quote:
I don't like any of the options out there.

I agree.
we'll just have to buy the aria for the car, the jogging one to leave outside for when we go for a walk (of course, no one would steal it in this perfect world) & the one that comes equipped with a babysitter for when we go shopping in BP/Willy/etc....
LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics