Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Little red riding hood theme
1  2  Next

BLUEROSE

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:23 am
Any ideas what to send for this theme? and what to put it in?

wwmom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:27 am
A few years ago someone had this theme, they had their daughter who was dressed as little red riding hood hand out the shalach monos, which was a wicker basket, with a handle lined in fabric and inside was a drink and small home made cheese cake. it was so cute. Good luck.

Hooray

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:59 am
Or just the obvious...everything red

Kugel lover

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 12:32 pm
A picnic lunch. Bagel, drink, cream cheese or tuna, a fork knife & spoon, put a red & white napkin under everything, cookies etc...

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 12:39 pm
ok,what is wrong w/doing jewish themes.how the heck did non jewish ideas get so ingrained in this holiday???

I was in the store yesterday,and couldn't believe the stuff they were selling!scary costumes,spider man,superman shock.they were even selling fake blood!!
oy oy oy

shstreich

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 1:09 pm
isnt little red riding hood gathering flowers for her grandmother? a basket of flowers or food made into flowers

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 12:07 pm
I'm doing little red riding hood as well. dd will be little red, of course, 4 yo son the wolf and me the grandma. I did some research, the primary consensus on the food she was bringing to grandma was a cake, wine, and small container of butter. my mm will be a small bottle of gj or wine, a roll and little container of butter in a small wicker basket. and I will try to do fruit roll up flowers for the flowers she picked.

MrsMom

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 12:51 pm
Akeres Habayis wrote:
ok,what is wrong w/doing jewish themes.how the heck did non jewish ideas get so ingrained in this holiday???

I was in the store yesterday,and couldn't believe the stuff they were selling!scary costumes,spider man,superman shock.they were even selling fake blood!!
oy oy oy

What is wrong with not jewish themes?

There is no inyun for 'themes' at all. Just for food. Why not have fun and be entertained. You can have typical hamantashen, jewish food, but the fact is, themes are fun.

kthnxbye

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 12:55 pm
There is nothing wrong with a regular none jewish theme. I would not dress my kids are real non jewish stuff though like spiderman.

For mm you can do a basket with red/white gingham napkin and some cute lunch foods with a box drink...

Mommyholic

Post Fri, Feb 05 2010, 11:54 am
Hi,
I'm doing a red theme-daughter being red riding hood (or Red Esther HaMalkah costume... since that's what she wants and I found it for $10 with bonnet, apron, cape, dress and all) son being red fire fighter.
I will post my RED poem when I have a sec to write it, but where do you live, since I'm ordering these adorable boxes and would love to get a case to save on shipping and whatever. I have one other person who also wants them at work for same theme so if you do too, PM me or let me know...
Simple, no cellophane, just red tissue paper and red themed food...

http://www.papermart.com/Produ.....6830P

PinkandYellow

Post Fri, Feb 05 2010, 1:32 pm
mommyholic, where did you get the red costume (bonnet, apron, etc) for $10?

Mommyholic

Post Sun, Feb 07 2010, 12:16 pm
I got it in Lakewood at Costume Closeouts-a frum Purim store with lots of $10 options. Are you in Brooklyn? If you call them-732-773-8848/732-942-1274, I can try to get it to you as I commute to Brooklyn. Also, are you interested in the boxes I am ordering? Follow the link in previous post.

And here is my poem. Feel free to use it!

These days so many crises have us filled with dRE(a)D,
From the economy in the RED to the lack of shidduchim being REDt
Purim comes ‘round once a year to REDefine,
InspiRED our tiRED and disordeRED state of mind,

For Haman, descendant of EDOM, conspiRED to have those Jewish born and bRED,
MurdeRED and annihilated for we made him see RED,
Especially, Mordechai Hatzadik who didn’t fall for his ROUGE (ruse)
And daRED not bow to Haman, for he was a G-d fearing Jew,

IncREDibly, we were REDeemed, for what transpiRED, you see,
Was that Haman got hanged, RED faced, from a tree,
So if we REDily (readily) masteRED the art of viewing,
The world through ROSE coloRED glasses in all we are doing,

We’ll BLUSH CRIMSON as we’re inspiRED by the wonDERs with which we’re blessed,
Hashem’s deliveRED us life with a CHERRY on top, we must be rendeRED impressed,
So REDy or not, REDjoice in the Purim festivities,
Wishing you a ROSY, incREDibly freilach Purim on behalf of the ________Family!!

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Feb 07 2010, 8:36 pm
I am not in bklyn, but I am thinking of going to lakewood on friday to do all my purim shopping. so I guess I can get it then. where is the store exactly?

Martini

Post Sun, Feb 07 2010, 11:42 pm
This poem is so adorable and I also love the bags/boxes. I would do it for my kids friends. I like to send a rather classy mm for the adults. Any ideas?

Mommyholic

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 12:36 am
It's in the basement of some accountant or law firm at the corner of Madison and Second directly across the Jersey Gas station. They are only open Motzai Shabbos, sunday, and wed. but call the numbers I listed above and maybe they'll arrange something for you.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 12:43 am
Martini wrote:
This poem is so adorable and I also love the bags/boxes. I would do it for my kids friends. I like to send a rather classy mm for the adults. Any ideas?

When dd dressed up as little red riding hood, we sent out small wooden picnic baskets (two flaps on top, etc.) lined with red and white gingham material or napkins.
Inside we placed a shrink wrapped baguet, wrapped cheese, and mini vineland tomatoes (vine attached).

BLUEROSE

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 11:42 am
thanks everyone. as usual great ideas. Im the op and would be interested in ordering those boxes. I am not sure how to pm you. so if someone can tell me how to pm someone who replied I would appreciate it.

Mommyholic

Post Mon, Feb 08 2010, 12:36 pm
Just press the little PM button under my name. I'd like to order today. so please do so ASAP. Thanks

Akeres Habayis

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 9:12 am
MrsMom wrote:
Akeres Habayis wrote:

oy oy oy

What is wrong with not jewish themes?

There is no inyun for 'themes' at all. Just for food. Why not have fun and be entertained. You can have typical hamantashen, jewish food, but the fact is, themes are fun.

kthnxbye

yes they r fun,themes r great!love them,but I just think ( I know I'm a stick in the mud),we have a rich heritage,and people of our own to dress like.but because we r into themes,the meaning gets lost.
when is a "not jewish theme"not ok??on another thread we have a bunny rabbit theme.can u say easter bunny,but hey its in fun.
I like
here all the girls r kallahs or queens,give your daughter I beautiful gown,or queen costume,she will choose that over these other costumes any dayl,but then again what theme will u have?if she say"that was last yr"then u have a serious problem down the line which will probably be on another thread. Rolling Eyes

ok stick n the mud is done LOL

Last edited by Akeres Habayis on Mon, Feb 15 2010, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Martini

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 9:20 am
Mommyholic wrote:
Just press the little PM button under my name. I'd like to order today. so please do so ASAP. Thanks

I placed an order last night and paid 8 bucks just for shipping!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics