Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Clean toys

Bell

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 8:33 pm
any ideas/tips on how to clean toys?[/I]

sarahd

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 5:03 am
Try throwing them in the washing machine with the lid up so the machine doesn't spin.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 12:15 pm
Or in the bath-tub with sudsy water. Depends what it is though. But that's how we clean the toys for Pesach.
Just remember to wash bath thouroughly afterwards you'd be suprised what little ones, stuff or get into their toys. Hope this helps

lucy

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 1:37 pm
depends what but lego or things similar when I make a wash of towels I throw them in. Sometimes if its not too dirty - they played with the little people during mealtime I rinse it off and then let my daughter wash it in the bath.

BasHashem

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 11:20 pm
great way to was small toys, or toys with lots of small peices...put them into mesh bag, nylon bag and throw them into the dishwasher or washing machine.

another good tip, to keep them germ free is to spray them with lysol weekly.........

hatzlacha
Bashashem

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 11:26 pm
BasHaShem, pls, read the cautions & warnings on lysol & then tell me if you ever want to spray it on anything close to your kid (or yourself) again

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 11:32 pm
Little ones atleast mine put stuff in thier mouth. I would be afraid to use that stuff on their toys etc

BasHashem

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 11:37 pm
OISH! here I thought I was such a good mother sanitizing the toys..........I think I might have read it on the bottle............oh well, I will be more careful,,,,thanx

basHashem

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 9:49 am
you're welcome!!!

that's why I only use non-toxic stuff

motheroftwo

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 9:23 pm
Please whatever you do DO NOT use lysol. It is full of chemicals which can cause many terrible things. Especiall around little children. In fact it should not be used at all in the house or anywhere else. Just because it is advertised on TV does not mean it is good for us. A little water with vinegar works wonders for most things and is absolutely safe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry