Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Spitting, kicking and stealing toys.....HELP

Motheroftwins

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 6:33 pm
My twins are 2 1/2 years old. They seem to be fighting more and more often, sometimes it even seems that they are always fighting. One is always stealing toys, hitting, kicking and even spitting. She spits at me if I tell her not to take toys from her sister. She will throw toys at me if I tell her to share and play nicely. I tried "time out" and that seems to be a waste - she would just get up and run away, no matter how many time I put her back in the corner. I recently started putting her up in her crib when she acted out so that she would see "if you arent behaving, you cant be around us", but she is starting to learn to climb out of her crib. And, I dont either see her learning to stop...she will stop for a few minutes after she comes back downstairs, but then it's back to her old ways. I dont want to always be telling her not to spit, not to do things, but at the same time, I def dont want her misbehaving.........

TIA!!

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 1:32 am
Same happens here---- I find it works to separate the twins when they are egging each other on and misbehaving BECAUSE of each other. I'll put one in their room and keep one with me. I'll give special attention to the one who's with me and that will calm that twin down. The alone time in the room will calm the other twin down. Then when I have them both together again I tell them how proud I am of them for calming down and that now that they're calm and quiet and behaving we can do something fun together.

Twins is tough because they tend to get under each other's skin and too much together time is hard! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more