Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Freeda sheitels/color fading

shayna82

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 5:21 pm
is it true that the freeda sheitels dont last because the color fades away within two years? anyone have one and likes it?

mom05

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 6:12 pm
I have a freeda, have it for a year and a few months and I LOVE it, the hair is soft and beautiful, its a fantastic shaitel, but the drawback is, I already have to dye it, it somehow goes orange, and I wasnt even in the sun so much but it still is an amazing shaitel

amother

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 7:20 pm
I have a freeda. it is a really great wig - always looks good, easy to care for, relatively comfortable, and it FEELS soft and touchable like real hair. I get tons of compliments on it. every now and then people even think I am single, because it looks so much like hair.

about the fading thing, I have had mine for a year and a half and I think maybe I did dye it once (I don't remember for sure), on the other hand I have another wig that is not a freeda and I definintely remember dying that one. so I don't really know about freedas being especially bad with fading.

the worst thing that could happen is that you would have to spend extra money every year or two redying it... if it is a really great wig that might be worth it.

the main draw back that I know of with freedas is the hair tends to come straight down in front into your face. so if you have a low hairline (small forhead) or a small face they are harder to wear.

amother because yes people know my wigs!

Rivk

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 8:53 pm
I loved my freeda until it started to fade - about a year and a half after I got it. The problem is it didn't hold the dye for very long when I did get it dyed. It looked great for about 6 months but I'm back to being a blondie again! I don't think I'm gonna dye it again. I'd rather save up and buy a new shaitel that doesn't lose it's color. (if one like that exists!)

MMEC123

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 9:08 pm
I've only had my Freeda for a little under a year but so far I love it. Hair feels beautiful and natural, I get tons of compliments on it, and every time I take it to get washed at the same time as my Shevy (which is supposedly better) the Freeda always gets all the compliments for the sheital macher (and I've gone to a few different ones).

shayna82

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 9:51 pm
thanks everyone for your personal stories behind your freeda sheitels,, im still confused thoguh because its not like everyone is having issues with the fading.. I just dont know..

cy

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 9:37 pm
Supposedly Freedas are better now, I know a shaitel macher who had stopped selling them for that reason and is selling them again lately, since they are supposed to be better.

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Sep 06 2005, 5:35 am
I have a freeda that is about 3 or 4 mths old. I didnt' notice any color fading until last week when soemone mentioned to me that it looked alittle light (I remember it being dark when I bought it.) I have no patience for dying sheitels bc I think the colors always come out too metallic and unnatural, so I'm going to leave it 'faded' thruout the aussie summer. I may colour it if I notice the fading myself - but I haven't really noticed...im just not into these things...

Tovah

Post Tue, Sep 06 2005, 10:26 am
any sheitel you have will start to fade after a yr or 2 if you are in the sun.
both my sheitels faded one was a custom made and the other a freeda. what I did was I bought my freeda abit darker so now 2 yrs later it's a perfect color.

Rivka

Post Tue, Sep 06 2005, 3:51 pm
Every sheitel fades, I don't think they cannot because it's the same hair stuck there getting all the elements, sun, rain, wind pollution, it's not new hair regrowing.
I have a Freeda and I really like it, it's almost 4 years old and I dyed it once coz it got kinda orange, I probably will have to dye it again maybe next year, it's not such a problem to have to keep dying a sheitel. The hair feels great and it lasts, I wear mine everyday incl shabbos as I only own one sheitel so it's lasted almost 4 years of non stop wearing, that has to say something and it doesn't look like a shmatte on me.

tanaz

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 1:57 pm
I have a sheitel from Etty's in Brooklyn for four years and the color never faded.

timeout

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 1:59 pm
I have 2 Freedas for 6 years as far as I can see it really didn't fade and I wear it in the summer winter whenever and get tunz of compliments

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 2:01 pm
All human hair wigs fade somewhat doesn't matter if it's freedas or who evers Confused

amother

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 5:11 pm
I am the amother who responded before. Just dyed my wig again... That averages out to about once every six months. For all of you who didn't dye it for two years or more, what color hair do you have? I have a pretty average brown.

I think Shevy has some sort of guarantee that they'll redye for free during the first year.

happymom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 5:13 pm
its tru for some reason all freeda wigs turn orange pretty quicky. I am VERy unahppy with mine!

tanaz

Post Tue, Dec 13 2005, 10:23 pm
Not all sheitels fade. I just spoke to my sheitel macher and she said that Freeda sheitels do fade very quickly. She also said that after you dye a sheitel too many times, then the sheitel will not last as long. It's a shame that a Freeda sheitel's color will fade within the first year of buying it! As I said, I have an Etty sheitel for four years and the color never changed. I wear it every day to work. I also don't wash it so much, so maybe that helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels