Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Allergic to diaper he's been using for 2 years??

essy

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 11:21 pm
My son is almost 2. He has been wearing Pampers Baby Dry since he was born with no problems whatsoever. We tried Pampers Cruisers at one point and he broke out with an itchy rash all over the diaper area. We went back to Baby Dry and had no problems.

Ever since we opened the most recent box of Baby Dry, he has been furiously scratching a rash in the waistband area.

Although we know that his skin is somewhat sensitive, what baffles us is that fact that he suddenly broke out in this rash with the SAME diaper he has been using for nearly 2 years with no problems at all?

Furthermore, since this is the last brand and type that did not give him this rash, where do we go from here???

Thanks for the responses because we are in a panic.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 11:25 pm
My kids get rashes from pampers when they are babies. They do great with huggies. Perhaps the pamper company changed something when making the pamper dry and that is why he is starting to break out only with this pack.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 11:25 pm
are you sure it's not a yeast rash?

also, sometimes diapers can go bad. there are ingredients meant to soothe the skin that can expire. my son once had a reaction to pampers that were old. someone gave us an unused package and the first one we opened caused a huge rash. can you try a different package?

you should email pampers about this, they may send you a replacement. if not, they'll at least send you coupons.

challi

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:06 am
was he sweating at all today? or was the waist tighter than usual and rubbing?

mY kids also get rashes with everything besides Pampers baby dry. I once though had a problem with leaking and called the company. They were really nice and sent me a ton of coupons, think 10-12 dollars each. At least you can try a new batch and see if it was just that box.

essy

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:08 am
Not tighter than usual...I'm going to call Pampers in the morning to see if they will send coupons.

rachel6543

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 1:36 am
Definitely call Pampers, they might even send you a refund. They're sending me one. My baby broke out in a huge diaper rash from the Pampers Swaddlers (the box of Pampers was given as a gift to us). I switched him back to the Costco diapers we had been using previously and the rash cleared up immediately. I emailed Pampers about what happened and they offered to send me a refund, which I should be getting in a few weeks.

Ima'la

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 1:54 am
An allergy can develop at any time, so it definitely could be an allergy, regardless of how long he's been wearing them problem-free. OTOH, rashes can come from many things - a doctor can often tell by looking at it.

Btw, my kids also got rashes from Pampers and did better with Huggies.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 4:50 am
I have a friend in the states. Her ds wore pullups to bed every single night for over a year, and all of a sudden broke out in a horrible rash. He now can't wear any disposible at all and has to wear cloth again. The allergy came on very suddenly and is so severe that when the rash cleared up she tried just 1 more time to put on the pullup and he wound up with ahuge red / purple rash again.

funny50

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 3:05 pm
my dd was also allergic to diapers, except for pampers baby dry. thought at that time (a few years ago), they only had it newborn and size 1. so, what we did instead was we bought in pathmark a "diaper doubler" and we put it inside a different company diaper- one that she wouldn't be able to wear regularly. it's acts like a liner between the diaper and the baby. it worked very well.
p.s. I think rite aid also has a product like this

hadasa

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 12:18 am
I read that a contact allergy is sometimes aggravated by a food allergy. I.e. If your son ate something he is allergic to, it can cause him to have a reaction to diapers to which he usually isn't sensitive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics