Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Do identical twins reach milestones on the same day?

Yael

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 10:53 pm
I've always wondered about this.
do identical twins reach milestones on the same day?
do they get their teeth in the same time, or walking, talking, etc.

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 5:05 am
My two actually cut their first tooth on the same day, but that's been about it as far as similarities go.
One of them is a little more advanced, maybe around 6-8 weeks, than the other. She crawled and walked a bit earlier than her sister. I think they both sat up at around the same time, though. But the other baby has more teeth!
They have very different personalities as well, although they are extremely close.

SingALong

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 8:22 am
I know several people who have twins and usually they reach milestones of walking and talkning at different times. not identical twins

Fox

Post Mon, Oct 20 2008, 11:19 am
My identical twin girls didn't reach milestones on the exact same day, but they were usually very close together and/or reached the milestone in the same order. For example, they lost their baby teeth in the same order and the permanent teeth grew in the same order.

Having identical twins is really fascinating. I was unaware of the whole "twin world" out there! At times it can be frustrating, though: identical twins tend to be so involved in the twin relationship that sometimes they don't seem completely part of the family. Kind of a "family within the family". I think having identical twin siblings is also a bit harder on the other kids who are excluded from the special relationship as well as forced to endure all the attention that identical twins receive.

Zus

Post Tue, Oct 21 2008, 5:38 pm
Our identical twins are growing up as triplets with their older brother, so we don't have that typical twins with their own world thing.

My girls have their milestones really close together usually. They cut their first teeth within a few days of each other. They started walking on the same day. But they sat up alone months apart!!! I think that the DD who did it last was just rebelling LOL

cubbie

Post Tue, Oct 21 2008, 5:54 pm
Dh is an identical twin and they have a set of identical twin sisters, I'll have to remember to ask MIL, it's an interesting question.

Bambamama

Post Tue, Oct 21 2008, 6:50 pm
cubbie wrote:
Dh is an identical twin and they have a set of identical twin sisters

Cool!

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 8:42 pm
A friend’s MIL has identical twin girls who got their periods the same day.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 22 2008, 11:22 pm
Identical twins aren't really identical. There are always some differences, and some are very different, at least to people who know them well. Don't expect them to hit so-called milestones on the same day or even the same week. Those who do are very unusual.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more