Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
DD's hair is thinning after relaxing. Any advice?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 11:52 am
Every time she brushes she gets a big clump, so she's brushing less and she never had thick hair to begin with. What can be done?

chanagital

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 10:09 am
I would talk to her doctor.. it isn't a normal responce and maybe there is a bigger issue here gf.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 10:12 pm
Relaxing is chemicals, and if her hair was dyed too, it would cause that. Also if not done by a professional...
I wish I had advice for you, sorry I don't, other than to use shampoo for chemically treated hair.
Maybe call a doctor too just to make sure?
I hope somebody who can help you sees this thread. Good luck.

ss321

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 10:26 pm
sounds rly unusual and like lady godiva said, my first concern would be - did u get it done in some non professional hole in the wall type place? that is not a normal rxn to relaxing. I would call her pediatrician asap and get a rec for a good dermatologist who migh be able to figure it out. sounds like either the chemicals used were too strong, or otherwise she is having some sort of uncommon rxn to it....

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 10:54 pm
I had a relaxing when I was 11, I think some of my hair fell out too (a long time ago, so don't remember exactly how much) but my hair was so thick that I appreciated it. It slowed down but my hair would always shed, even now. Don't know if it started because of that though and continued or just naturally that's what my hair does. If it gets very bad, then it does not seem normal. How long ago did she have it done? How old is she? How much hair is really coming out? All of these may be factors. I hope it gets better soon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics