Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Would you buy from divorced couple
Previous  1  2  3

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:25 am
amother OP wrote:
A beautiful home came into the market. When I looked at the history of the house I realized the house was bought a year ago by the current wonders. When I asked the agents why they're selling she said the (Jewish) couple is getting divorced. Would you feel comfortable buying this home?

Why not? You might even get a better price...

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:34 am
amother cornflower wrote:
There’s a thing of a place having bad Mazal.
There was a story in the Ami of a guy who bought a storefront for his store. Everyone was telling him not to buy it including his daughter. Since all previous owners went bankrupt. He didn’t listen and a year later he closed down and declared bankruptcy.

Because only businesses that move into stores with bad mazal? Businesses fail all the time.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:35 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
It's not crazy talk. My friend suffered through years of infertility & terrible losses. Till their Rav advised them to look in to the history of their home. The couple that lived there before also suffered from infertility, the couple the lived there before that couple got divorced & another family that lived there lost a child. My friend moved & now has a beautiful family bh.

OP, I wouldn't say an outright no. Maybe discuss it with your Rav.

Sometimes this happens when they cut down a fruit tree and build.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 6:38 am
If you wouldn’t you are eliminating 50% of homes in America.
If it makes you feel any better my best mazel was getting divorced! (Marrying him on the other hand….)

zaq

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 10:02 am
Whyever not? You think the divorce cooties hide in the woodwork and come out to bite the next owner?

Now if someone had been murdered in the house, that would give me the creeps. I know it's not any more logical, but it is what it is.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 10:37 am
amother OP wrote:
A beautiful home came into the market. When I looked at the history of the house I realized the house was bought a year ago by the current wonders. When I asked the agents why they're selling she said the (Jewish) couple is getting divorced. Would you feel comfortable buying this home?

OP, is this in the greater Monsey area?
I have a feeling it's my friend's home and if yes, no worries, they were pretty close to a divorce long before they moved.

essie14

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 4:11 am
Well, I guess everyone should only be living in brand new construction. Otherwise all the bad juju of anyone living in the house before you will come seeping out of the woodwork.
What about buying a house from [[gasp]] non jews?!?!
Will all your children convert to Chr1st1anity?

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 4:44 am
I know for a fact, a certain house that had a fruit tree on the property that the owner decided to uproot and cement over, not long after the mrs got sick and died and soon after that the Mr himself got sick and died. After the house was sold, the property was fenced and just left like that for a nice amount of years. Finally not too long ago a new house was built on it. Hope they're ok there!

I'm very curious, please tell me where approximately is this apt that had 5 divorced couples is located? Now with the apt crisis going on.....

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 8:18 am
The previous owners of the house I live in were very special people. I got many comments what a special house I live in. Little did anyone know at the time how special my life was with a dh becoming not religious anymore. And now we are divorced.....and it is such special house.

mfb

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 8:21 am
amother Lotus wrote:
The previous owners of the house I live in were very special people. I got many comments what a special house I live in. Little did anyone know at the time how special my life was with a dh becoming not religious anymore. And now we are divorced.....and it is such special house.

I don’t usually believe houses are special or not, but it is known that cutting down a fruit tree is a big issue. And the problems it causes are ones that don’t let you be fruitful like divorce, or infertility

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 8:45 am
amother Latte wrote:
in my community there actually is a house that is 'cursed'

the original owners, and anyone who bought it after has suffered a crazy freak tzara after buying it.

I dont know if it means anything but you coudlnt pay me to buy that house!!

that being said I would buy a house from a divorced couple..

In my community there is also a similar “haunted” house. It was a property purchased by a wealthy middle aged couple who started a beautiful build from scratch, and When the outside of the house was completed structurally, about one year in, they started a long and lengthy divorce. The house sat for several years, the divorce eventually happened, and another middle aged family bought it. The plan for them was to finish the build, but the husband was diagnosed with cancer shortly after buying the house and after several years of suffering, he passed away. The house sat again for several years , and was finally sold to a younger couple about 2 years ago. The build hasn’t started yet and I am wondering why it’s sitting for so long. I never ask, but I pass that house many times each day as I live right down the block and really wonder what the holdup is.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 9:43 am
Yikes!!!!! Our sellers were a gay couple

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 9:56 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
I know for a fact, a certain house that had a fruit tree on the property that the owner decided to uproot and cement over, not long after the mrs got sick and died and soon after that the Mr himself got sick and died. After the house was sold, the property was fenced and just left like that for a nice amount of years. Finally not too long ago a new house was built on it. Hope they're ok there!

I'm very curious, please tell me where approximately is this apt that had 5 divorced couples is located? Now with the apt crisis going on.....

There are situations where it is halachically permissible to remove a fruit tree. And even of those conditions are met, there are still ways to do it in a way that is not halachically problematic considered a sakana

Please be dan lchaf zchus that it was done in a permitted way. And when someone is niftar, please don't make assumtions and speculations about why they died.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 9:57 am
My sister had the same question before buying a house. She went to her rabbi who said “the walls didn’t fight. The people did” and they’re living there happily ever after!

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 10:34 am
wow my reaction to the OP had nothing to do with heebie jeebie, just that if the divorce is ongoing or messy, you don't know what role the house plays in the settlements and wouldn't want to end up burned because of that

essie14

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 11:09 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Yikes!!!!! Our sellers were a gay couple

LOL LOL
Hope the house doesn't "turn you gay"
Tongue Out Rolling Eyes

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 11:23 am
amother Orange wrote:
You in Boro park? Cuz a relative recently went to look at an apartment for a kallah. When they walked out a neighbor came over to them and told them that 5 couples that lived in this apartment in the last 2 years approximately got divorced. And no they did not move in.
If it was one couple I wouldn’t have an issue moving in.

I'm so curios which house? Where in bp?

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 12:04 pm
There def can be issues with a house.
I lived in a new construction. But we had mold and for years didn't know and were still suffering from it years later. I went thru 2 pregnancies and deliveries and babyhood/toddlerhoods living in that house. My kids are still suffering from it today with autoimmune issues.

Re fruit trees and closing openings,
My neighbors asked their landscapers to cut back thr weeds in their grapevines. The landscapers completely cut and killed the vines because he decided it's out of control and unmanageable.
They were really scared. Asked a shaaloh was told that becuase they didn't ask for it to happen and they didn't want to cut it down it's ok. But they should give a substantial amount for tzedaka as a kaparah.
So far seems like it's all good.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 12:11 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
There def can be issues with a house.
I lived in a new construction. But we had mold and for years didn't know and were still suffering from it years later. I went thru 2 pregnancies and deliveries and babyhood/toddlerhoods living in that house. My kids are still suffering from it today with autoimmune issues.

Re fruit trees and closing openings,
My neighbors asked their landscapers to cut back thr weeds in their grapevines. The landscapers completely cut and killed the vines because he decided it's out of control and unmanageable.
They were really scared. Asked a shaaloh was told that becuase they didn't ask for it to happen and they didn't want to cut it down it's ok. But they should give a substantial amount for tzedaka as a kaparah.
So far seems like it's all good.

So so scary.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 10:59 am
amother Orange wrote:
You in Boro park? Cuz a relative recently went to look at an apartment for a kallah. When they walked out a neighbor came over to them and told them that 5 couples that lived in this apartment in the last 2 years approximately got divorced. And no they did not move in.
If it was one couple I wouldn’t have an issue moving in.

Bumping this up, where was this apartment located?
Just went to see something and the broker mentioned something about somebody divorced living there.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating