Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
PSA re Jealousy

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:06 pm
I just want to make others aware, that disagreeing with something or someone, does NOT mean that the person disagreeing or thinking differently, is jealous.
I keep noticing that whenever posters disagree with someone or something, they get told that they're jealous. I find it so immature & childish. Disagreeing & not thinking alike, has nothing to do with jealousy.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:08 pm
Depends how it's said.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:10 pm
Or triggered. If you disagree you are jealous or triggered. I just assume it’s an immaturity thing.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:11 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
Depends how it's said.

Not exactly.
Take the hoodie threads, if someone asks what possess a person to buy an overpriced brand name sweatshirt, why assume she's asking because she's jealous? Maybe she doesn't relate.
People on both sides of a conversation really need learn to be less sensitive and take things less to heart. What happened to an innocent exchange of opinion?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Lime wrote:
Or triggered. If you disagree you are jealous or triggered. I just assume it’s an immaturity thing.

Exactly. We can disagree or think differently, because we are our own person. Not because we're jealous or triggered.

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:14 pm
Agree with you

I think showy things are in very poor taste no matter how much money you have

I always say money doesn’t buy taste

I just saw someone wearing LV heels with the logo all over the shoes. Pathetic!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
Depends how it's said.

Not necessarily.
Many can't fathom or handle others thinking differently than them & not agreeing with them. So to them it automatically means that the other person must be jealous.
The word jealous is so overused on imamother.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:19 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Not exactly.
Take the hoodie threads, if someone asks what possess a person to buy an overpriced brand name sweatshirt, why assume she's asking because she's jealous? Maybe she doesn't relate.
People on both sides of a conversation really need learn to be less sensitive and take things less to heart. What happened to an innocent exchange of opinion?

If she doesn't relate than why is she on the thread?
Unless she wants to respectfully learn, which is not the vibe I get when reading posts from the other side, as you put it. So for what other reason wo u ld she be so interesting In hashing it out? Jealousy
It like a misnaged taking apart a chasids way of life. If he can't relate and doesn't want to understand, he just never will

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:23 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
If she doesn't relate than why is she on the thread?
Unless she wants to respectfully learn, which is not the vibe I get when reading posts from the other side, as you put it. So for what other reason wo u ld she be so interesting In hashing it out? Jealousy
It like a misnaged taking apart a chasids way of life. If he can't relate and doesn't want to understand, he just never will

Who says she doesn't want to understand?
Maybe it is the wrong vibe and it isn't the right place to start getting all philosophical, but why are we shutting everyonevwho doesn't think like us down? In general, if someone feels bothered by a question and can't answer it, maybe they need to think why that is.
And as a chossid I find your comparison amusing even if I don't agree that this is the case.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media