Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What shape is your diamond if you wear a diamond?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:13 am
And did you choose it? I thought I wanted a round but I ended up getting an emerald cut diamond in a halo and I’m obsessed. I like that it’s different and the way the diamonds in the halo shine around the center diamond.

Husband and I picked it together.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:17 am
Square. I had always wanted a square. I picked it. Dh came with me. Married over ten years. I still like it but wonder if I should’ve done round as it would likely sparkle more.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:25 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Square. I had always wanted a square. I picked it. Dh came with me. Married over ten years. I still like it but wonder if I should’ve done round as it would likely sparkle more.

I hear you there’s a specific beauty to rounds for sure. My halo setting has tiny rounds surrounding the emerald and they sparkle like no other.

amother
Oleander

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:40 am
Curious how long you’re married, as I never think about my diamond, but I did constantly as a newlywed
My diamond is a cushion cut, and I custom designed my ring with a jeweler
Still love it ten years later

amother
Peach

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:44 am
Mine is round.
I got to pick the setting (from limited options) but not the shape. I wanted very classic and minimalist at the time so I’m happy with it.
I do love the look of squares though. Maybe one day.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:50 am
Mine is radiant solitaire on "knife cut" yellow gold band and I love it. I had a few diamonds to choose from. I thought I would want square, but when I saw the diamonds I went with radiant, it was much more sparkly and looked like a "dimaond." when I was 18 ( I got married when I was older) I wanted a round diamond with 6 prongs. No way did I want that by the time I turned 20...

miami85

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:59 am
Mine is a princess cut (square). I like it. It's not a huge diamond, but I think it works well on my hand.

lakewood mom

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:01 am
Round in a square setting… best of both worlds!

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:03 am
Oval. I love it. DH designed the ring and had it custom made.

DD just got an oval as well. She picked and designed her ring. I don’t thing she realizes how similar it is to mine. I know better than to point it out. (The dishes she registered for are strikingly similar to mine as well, as is a few of the other statement pieces she has been eyeing for her new home. Shh don’t tell her 🤣)

mesem

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:08 am
Mine is also round in a square setting (What I've always wanted since I was in HS)

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:17 am
Is it weird I don't know what setting mine is? I don't know much about it, just one day when I was engaged and browsing nonjewish engagement ring online stores I fell in love with a ring. I believe it's a round diamond with two little pear diamonds on the side, set in yellow gold. It looked so feminine and unlike anything I had ever seen.

Dhs family has a jewler he sent me a catalogue of all these rings I hated. I sent back the link to the ring I saw online and found out that he could pretty much do whatever setting I wanted, and definitely exactly what I had seen. He had just sent what was popular with frum people as that's what most people wanted.

I'm so happy with it.

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:21 am
Cushion, and I requested a similar setting to a Tiffany ring that I loved. Still love it almost twenty years later !

amother
Watermelon

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:20 am
I had princess- square- but recently was gifted an upgrade by dh. I picked an emerald. Jeweler said he didn't recommend a Halo because it took away from the diamond which was able to stand on its own. So I have a very simple setting.

I love it.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:33 am
Pear shaped! Very unique. I love it.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:39 am
I learned a lot about diamond styles right now. Smile Smile

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:48 am
I have a family stone BH; it’s round

amother
Puce

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:48 am
amother OP wrote:
And did you choose it? I thought I wanted a round but I ended up getting an emerald cut diamond in a halo and I’m obsessed. I like that it’s different and the way the diamonds in the halo shine around the center diamond.

Husband and I picked it together.

Haha you could literally be me this is exactly me!! Always planned on getting a round halo but the emerald cut halo is literally so gorgeous and unique. I get compliments on it all the time because people haven’t seen anything like it

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:49 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:

Square? Do you mean Princess?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:19 am
mesem wrote:
Mine is also round in a square setting (What I've always wanted since I was in HS)

I can’t picture that. Can you share a photo?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:19 am
lakewood mom wrote:
Round in a square setting… best of both worlds!

I can’t picture this. Do you have. A photo?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics