Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best transition bottle for breastfed baby
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:34 pm
Im trying to transition My 9month old baby to a bottle. I started with Dr browns but he won't take it. Any suggestions which bottle to try for an ebf 9month old

momofone613

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:40 pm
Mine loves Tommee Tippee. She's exclusively nursing, but on occasion I've needed to give a bottle and she likes it.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Im trying to transition My 9month old baby to a bottle. I started with Dr browns but he won't take it. Any suggestions which bottle to try for an ebf 9month old

Hi, are you me?
I'm literally trying to do the same. My baby is also 9mo old & ebf. I was told the como tomo bottle is a great option, but have yet to try cuz baby won't take a bottle from me & I have to find a formula that works

rubyred

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:41 pm
Did you try the wide neck dr brown bottle with a premie nipple?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:44 pm
Why don't you just do a straw sippy cup

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:44 pm
the como tomo, it was the only bottle my baby took while bf and didn't gag on, it's really soft and feels very comfortable to them. https://www.amazon.com/Comotom.....?th=1

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:56 pm
There's a very small chance that a 9 month old that never took a bottle, will start taking a bottle.
You may have more luck with a sippy cup & regular food.

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:59 pm
At thet age, I just got DD a sippy cup. It has a silicone top. So between a bottle and a regular sippy cup. Avent.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:03 am
We used the avent natural but a 9 month old ebf baby will likely refuse all bottles.

out-of-towner

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:18 am
Avent natural flow. Works on my otherwise EBF baby.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:28 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Why don't you just do a straw sippy cup

Came here to say same.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:28 am
amother Tulip wrote:
Hi, are you me?
I'm literally trying to do the same. My baby is also 9mo old & ebf. I was told the como tomo bottle is a great option, but have yet to try cuz baby won't take a bottle from me & I have to find a formula that works
My baby is way to smart. Did you hear any success stories with the Como tomo bottle

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:30 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
There's a very small chance that a 9 month old that never took a bottle, will start taking a bottle.
You may have more luck with a sippy cup & regular food.
the problem is he doesn't eat much. He's a very picky eater and even when he eats it's not enough to fill him up. He also doesn't drink alot from a sippy cup he just takes a few sips I need him to fill up and stop begging and crying for me to nurse him.

amother
Winterberry

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 8:15 am
Tommee Tippee resembles your body the most so it works amazing. Additionally, you get the bonus of not being stuck with a ton of pieces in a bottle to wash - it’s just the bottle, cover, and nipple.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:04 am
amother OP wrote:
the problem is he doesn't eat much. He's a very picky eater and even when he eats it's not enough to fill him up. He also doesn't drink alot from a sippy cup he just takes a few sips I need him to fill up and stop begging and crying for me to nurse him.
I would try to troubleshoot this. I'm a huge fan of nursing and even extended breastfeeding but at 9 months the focus should be on increasing oral motor skills towards more independent and varied eating. Bottles are terrible for oral motor skills. Did you try breastmilk in the sippy? Is he a good nurser? Does he cry to be nursed from hunger or for comfort?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:03 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I would try to troubleshoot this. I'm a huge fan of nursing and even extended breastfeeding but at 9 months the focus should be on increasing oral motor skills towards more independent and varied eating. Bottles are terrible for oral motor skills. Did you try breastmilk in the sippy? Is he a good nurser? Does he cry to be nursed from hunger or for comfort?
he's a very good nurser. He cries to be nursed from comfort and hunger. Amd yes I tried to give him breasmilk in a sippy....he refuses

amother
Watermelon

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:19 am
amother OP wrote:
he's a very good nurser. He cries to be nursed from comfort and hunger. Amd yes I tried to give him breasmilk in a sippy....he refuses

So why are you trying to transnation? I think it's smarter to work on his eating solids while sticking out with nursing for another couple of months. He will need more nutrition than breastfeeding, sooner rather than later. Maybe try baby led weaning. I don't think it makes sense to get baby used to a bottle at this age.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:25 am
So why are you trying to transnation? I think it's smarter to work on his eating solids while sticking out with nursing for another couple of months. He will need more nutrition than breastfeeding, sooner rather than later. Maybe try baby led weaning. I don't think it makes sense to get baby used to a bottle at this age.
the problem is he full on refuses to eat.... I've tried everything to gwt him to eat

amother
Watermelon

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:26 am
amother OP wrote:
the problem is he full on refuses to eat.... I've tried everything to gwt him to eat

Try giving him food before you breastfeed him. Or give him dinner together with you & DH, and the same foods.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:28 am
Right. At about this age, breastmilk stops being enough nutrition and they really need solids to keep full. Unless there's some special needs going on requiring accommodation, he's going to have to increase his solid intake sooner rather than later
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics