Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Grilled chicken Caesar salad help

Rutabaga

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 9:52 am
My daughter has requested a grilled chicken Caesar salad for Shabbos. I have a great recipe for the dressing and I can figure out the veggies, but I need help with the chicken. I don't have a BBQ but I do have a George Forman. I find that works best with thin cutlets though and I think the salad needs bigger pieces of chicken, no? So what's the best way to season and cook the chicken for the salad?

mha3484

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 10:09 am
This is how I make it. It comes out so good. Cesar salad doesnt usually veggies besides the lettuce.

I dont have a grill either so I just sear it in a heavy pan. But the brining step makes it so juicy.

https://smittenkitchen.com/200.....alad/

Rutabaga

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 10:37 pm
Thanks! Do you use a grill pan?

seeker

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 1:36 am
George Foreman should be able to handle regular sized chicken cutlets. Would take a little longer than thin ones but it should do it.

Been a while since I had one, though, so I use a stovetop grill pan.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 7:47 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Thanks! Do you use a grill pan?

I "grill" chicken in a pan (not grill pan). Wrap tightly in foil between batches. Comes out moist and delicious with great sear marks.

Sunflower11

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 11:24 am
ra_mom wrote:
I "grill" chicken in a pan (not grill pan). Wrap tightly in foil between batches. Comes out moist and delicious with great sear marks.

Can you give a step by step on how you grill chicken? Do you mean an aluminum pan in the oven?

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 11:29 am
Sunflower11 wrote:
Can you give a step by step on how you grill chicken? Do you mean an aluminum pan in the oven?

On the stovetop. In a skillet. Like searing a steak.

Heat skillet over high heat. Once hot, add oil and then add your seasoned chicken. Do not move the chicken pieces while they are searing on the first side (adjust flame as needed to medium high). Instead, watch the color on the sides of the chicken change as it cooks. Since chicken needs to be cooked through, only flip it over once the sides have changed to white, and only the top is still pink. That's when you should flip it to continue cooking the other side. 2nd side should be for a minute or two less than what it took for the first side.

Last edited by ra_mom on Fri, May 10 2024, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rutabaga

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 3:57 pm
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus