Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Judgement free thread of weight loss shots
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:06 pm
Hi, I am trying to get a clear idea of what the purpose of these injections are. Meaning, are they just appetite suppressants or do they change the way we metabolize food? I am actually ok with self discipline when I want to be. The problem is that I have yo-yo dieted for many years and once I hit 50+ weight doesn't come off no matter what I do, and now I also have the gained menopausal weight. So it is not really the eating that is a problem, it is my metabolism. Do these shots address that? and if so is one more effective for that than another?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:23 pm
amother Beige wrote:
How many people kept weight off after surgery long term? Most people I know lost and then after 5 years gained back.

As crazy as it sounds, I did the surgery and because of regain I am on ozempic now. 😔

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:27 pm
Has anyone been on any of these shots and now on maintenance with the lowest dose and not gaining the weight back?

That’s what I am hoping once I reach my goal weight iyh.

amother
White

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 4:11 pm
I tried Ozempic. It didn’t work for me. I tried it out of vanity - I have 15 pounds to lose. The side effects were too harsh for me. I was having nonstop diarrhea and very low moods like I’ve never had before in my life. Plus I only lost 5 pounds for all that misery.

I’ve heard that Mounjaro has fewer side effects. But think clearly and critically - is your weight loss so important that it’s worth hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years and potentially harsh side effects? Some people would say yes. Like for shidduchim, let’s say? Otherwise for type 2 diabetes or for obesity with complications, this medicine has been approved as a medicine, just like any other medicine that is needed to solve a big medical problem, and is covered by insurance.

For example, there is a higher potential for overweight women to have a stroke when they get older. If someone is at risk of having a stroke, or can’t walk, or has heart problems, or has diabetes, or has reduced kidney function, these are all excellent reasons to go on these new weight loss medicines.

As for my own 15 pounds needed weight loss, I’m not quite sure.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 6:53 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Hi, I am trying to get a clear idea of what the purpose of these injections are. Meaning, are they just appetite suppressants or do they change the way we metabolize food? I am actually ok with self discipline when I want to be. The problem is that I have yo-yo dieted for many years and once I hit 50+ weight doesn't come off no matter what I do, and now I also have the gained menopausal weight. So it is not really the eating that is a problem, it is my metabolism. Do these shots address that? and if so is one more effective for that than another?

Would love an answer to this as well

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 9:50 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
Would love an answer to this as well

I think it changes how we metabolize sugars. This is a perfect drug for pcos /insulin resistance because it helps the sugars get into our cells (helping us feel happier and more energized).

Additionally it helps curb cravings.

This was how it was explained to me at least...

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 9:51 pm
3 weeks ago I got wegovy from westgate pharmacy (in Lakewood)

amother
Beige

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 9:15 am
I could cry now. I was tired but had to take the shot I prepped and pressed the trigger on the monjouro but forgot to take the cover off so I just wasted a week and insurance won’t cover any extra.
(It’s a separate shot every week not like ozempic where you adjust the amount)

Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Punch Punch Punch Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Banging head Banging head Banging head

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:40 pm
im looking to hear more about monjouro

saralem

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:02 pm
On Wegovy, covered by insurance. OOT. Lost about a pound/week. So far almost 70 lbs lost and I’m not really looking to lose much more. My labs are much improved and coming off other medications now due to the weight loss. Felt lousy in the beginning-kinda like first trimester blah feeling. That passed after several months. I tried many diets and eating plans over the years which worked for a while but then I gained it back. I know I’ll be on this lifetime now.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:13 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:

Worked amazing for me the first 4 months lost about a pound a week total of 20 approximately.
Then it was out of stock for 2 weeks and I gained back 6 pounds. Took for another month and lost 3 of them then had again a missed week annd gained back 4 pounds. And now on it again. I lost 3 of those pounds again.
I’m hoping I will be back to taking it steady again and it will work. For some reason I don’t feel as full anymore when on it like it did in the beginning.
It was so amazing to feel full after eating just a small amount and I don’t have that anymore.

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:37 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Worked amazing for me the first 4 months lost about a pound a week total of 20 approximately.
Then it was out of stock for 2 weeks and I gained back 6 pounds. Took for another month and lost 3 of them then had again a missed week annd gained back 4 pounds. And now on it again. I lost 3 of those pounds again.
I’m hoping I will be back to taking it steady again and it will work. For some reason I don’t feel as full anymore when on it like it did in the beginning.
It was so amazing to feel full after eating just a small amount and I don’t have that anymore.

What dosage are you on? Is it certain dosages that are harder to fill or all Mounjaro?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 9:57 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
What dosage are you on? Is it certain dosages that are harder to fill or all Mounjaro?

I was on 7.5 and went up to 10 when that came in first.

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 11:34 pm
On another note, where is the best place to inject Mounjaro? (Most effective results)

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 11:41 pm
I tried Mounjaro for a few months last summer. I went off to get pregnant BH and I hope to go back to some sort of injections after the baby is born IYH.

I felt unusual anxiety in the morning (before eating) while on Mounjaro. Did anyone else ever experience that?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:19 am
amother Hosta wrote:
On another note, where is the best place to inject Mounjaro? (Most effective results)

Don’t know about better results but on my legs it was quite painful so I stick to my stomach

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:31 am
Amother dandelion:
From what I understand, mounjaro and zepbound can interfere with bc.

Ozempic doesn’t have that label. (Although it seems like no one knows for sure).

Definitely discuss with your doctor.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 1:05 am

I couldn’t handle Monjoro.. it made me way more nauseous. But def lost more weight on it now doing ozemptic it’s hardly doing anything. There are Facebook there are many groups where there are people who are maintaining

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 6:22 am
ugh I was so sure I'm going for it and now I got scared off my well meaning people Sad

zissy2004

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 6:34 am
ugh I was so sure I'm going for it and now I got scared off my well meaning people Sad

Everyone gets different side effects, some none. Def go and try it. Worst case you will stop...
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise