Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Encouraging dd to work.
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Jade

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is op here. I just read the responses. Thank you all for your honesty and guidance. I will definitely not ask my dd. I hadn't yet asked her. I think I need to have more compassion on her. She asks me a lot to give her space. I learned a lot here. With Hashem's help I will think of her needs as a growing girl and respect her decisions. I am very controlling. It's hard for me to respect everything she decides. Thank you mothers here. I am happy I asked here.

OP, you sound like a wonderful mother. It's hard to ask for advice, but even harder to take it. I know a lot of the responses here were not kind.

Mothering is a journey and we grow along with (and sometimes more than) our children. Wishing you much success in navigating this, and may you see tremendous nachas from her and your entire family!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is op here. I just read the responses. Thank you all for your honesty and guidance. I will definitely not ask my dd. I hadn't yet asked her. I think I need to have more compassion on her. She asks me a lot to give her space. I learned a lot here. With Hashem's help I will think of her needs as a growing girl and respect her decisions. I am very controlling. It's hard for me to respect everything she decides. Thank you mothers here. I am happy I asked here.

Wow OP you are so brave to come back here after all the responses. The fact that you are open to asking and learning and being a better mother is a huge thing. Kol Hakavod.

theoneandonly

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:05 pm
Echoing the previous posters to say that you are very brave, OP, to be able to accept the criticism and be willing to change your approach. Kol hakavod.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:59 am
amother OP wrote:

Good for you!
I don’t think you need to not mention it- you can mention it once, but then be willing to drop it. “Mrs x is looking to hire someone to help once a week with cooking dinner and playing with her kids, any chance that interests you?” And then accept her answer and move on. It may help heal your relationship for you to make offers and let her make the decisions and for her to see that.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children