Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Judgement free thread of weight loss shots
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Canary

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Nothing? No appetite suppression at all? Is that common?

According to my dr - no, it's really not common.

amother
Canary

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:38 pm
Comptroller wrote:
A friend of mine tried Saxa-something, and she had too many side effects. She lost 10 kg (22lb), but had to stop because of side effects and gained them back. Yoyo.

Saxenda is an earlier version of ozempic. It is a daily shot vs weekly. I took it too with no results.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 2:03 pm
I’m on compound moujano. Not taking weekly not taking full dose lost 20 lb in 5 months. Over Pesach I stopped for more than 2 weeks and gained some. I have side affects of diarrhea and constipation. I really wan to stop.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 5:13 pm
I take mounjaro.
Started on wegovy...did nothing for me and felt lousy (throwing up a lot).
Switched to mounjaro, maybe after Sukkos
Have lost about 12 % of my body weight.
Right now, I am not so good about exercising, eating gvegetables, etc. If I were, I'd probably be losing faster. I need to build those habits in order to go off mounjaro.
Eating much less... less snacking, feeling fuller with less food.

Also, I feel moodier, like my wellbutrin isn't working well. Dr. Said it's likely that previously, I was using food as an emotional crutch, and now that I don't have that, I'm moodier....that was a light bulb for me.

Now that I am taking mounjaro, I'm ready to work on the emotional eating piece.

I feel pretty lousy the two days after I take the shot. Diarrhea, sulfur burps, and gassiness. A little naseau. Doctor gave me meds for these things....lomotil, famatodine, and Zofran. They help.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 6:41 pm
I'm on Ozempic .5mg for around 4 months. I've been consistently losing around 10 lb. per month with no need for a higher dose.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 6:45 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
I'm on Ozempic .5mg for around 4 months. I've been consistently losing around 10 lb. per month with no need for a higher dose.

How much do you weigh?
Are you on brand name?
How much does it cost?
Are you dieting as well?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 6:52 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
How much do you weigh?
Are you on brand name?
How much does it cost?
Are you dieting as well?

I had a total of 100 lb. to lose; 60 to go.
Brand name.
My doctor prescribes the 2mb pen (my insurance doesn't cover it) which can be divided to provide 25 doses of .5 mb which makes it last for 4 months at a cost of around $61/month (total layout is $975 at once).
I eat healthy; no processed carbs. I am full so easily that after a protein shake around 9:00 am, I am not hungry and don't eat another meal until around 3:00 pm, and that is usually it for the day (other than sometimes a fruit).
Many of my family members are also on it doing as well with a number of them at their ideal weight for a while.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:31 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
I had a total of 100 lb. to lose; 60 to go.
Brand name.
My doctor prescribes the 2mb pen (my insurance doesn't cover it) which can be divided to provide 25 doses of .5 mb which makes it last for 4 months at a cost of around $61/month (total layout is $975 at once).
I eat healthy; no processed carbs. I am full so easily that after a protein shake around 9:00 am, I am not hungry and don't eat another meal until around 3:00 pm, and that is usually it for the day (other than sometimes a fruit).
Many of my family members are also on it doing as well with a number of them at their ideal weight for a while.

Did you try implement this diet before? Does it just completely silence your appetite?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did you try implement this diet before? Does it just completely silence your appetite?

I could never follow this without Ozempic. It totally took away my appetite. A few months before I started Ozempic I had started eating healthier (but far from healthy) and cut out sugar (which totally took away any craving for it) and lost around 15 lb. at that time. I am a senior citizen so I feel I can commit to doing this forever. I don't know if I would have that when younger (though some of my family has).

Mommysrock

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:50 pm
[address removed by mod]

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:57 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
I could never follow this without Ozempic. It totally took away my appetite. A few months before I started Ozempic I had started eating healthier (but far from healthy) and cut out sugar (which totally took away any craving for it) and lost around 15 lb. at that time. I am a senior citizen so I feel I can commit to doing this forever. I don't know if I would have that when younger (though some of my family has).

So this is a lifetime drug for you. Without an appetite suppressant how could someone sustain eating so little?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
So this is a lifetime drug for you. Without an appetite suppressant how could someone sustain eating so little?

All information about indicates that one needs plan on taking it for life.

parsley

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:04 pm
I started with ozempic had no results and switched to compounded mounjaro. It’s been great. Lost about 40 pounds from 270 in about 5-6 months.
I get the sulfur burps/diarrhea after eating too much.
I am afraid of the yo yo possibility, but I know my eating is emotional, and hopefully I’ll be able to work through that in therapy and not need food/weight loss shots to live.
I did find a certain psychedelic to help take the edge off of the food noise a bit, so when I miss a week I don’t spiral.
I pay about $425 a month
I had so much shame about going on this- still don’t want ppl to know although it’s quite obvious. But hating my body so much was really an impediment to my life in so many ways. Even if it doesn’t end up being long term, (I’m in my upper 20s) it’ll have been worth it for the time I felt good about myself.

real israeli

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:17 pm
All of those who are saying they've lost on it - did you try to diet and eat what you're currently eating while not taking the shots? Or is everyone doing what the poster who did write that she's eating one meal and a protein shake a day doing? Because to me that sounds like starvation - I can't imagine eating just one meal a day!

parsley

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:29 pm
real israeli wrote:
All of those who are saying they've lost on it - did you try to diet and eat what you're currently eating while not taking the shots? Or is everyone doing what the poster who did write that she's eating one meal and a protein shake a day doing? Because to me that sounds like starvation - I can't imagine eating just one meal a day!

I eat more like two full meals a day plus lots of snacking in between (I do intermittent fasting too so I skip breakfast)
I can’t diet. It becomes a power struggle for me and the food always wins.

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:32 pm
What a great thread! Can't wait to hear everyone's experiences.

I was able to get wegovy covered by my insurance (private, group plan through my office...)

Starting it this week. Imyh!

Weigh about 225 and my goal weight is 175 (my goal should be a lot lower, probably 140 based on my height, but I'm trying to be realistic over here and if I hit 175 I'll be the skinniest I've been since I was a teenager 2 decades ago)

ETA:

I have a sister who was on ozempic for a while (paid out of pocket) and she basically was able to lose a nice amount (don't remember the exact number) but then she couldn't get it anymore and started gaining the weight back.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:24 am
real israeli wrote:

Right, this is my concern. I made the appointment. I'm putting myself first. My biggest worry though is I'm basically going to become anorexic and eat like a bird. That's not my goal. I know how to eat well but then the little monster comes out and says oo just go for another huge bowl of dinner or at night and says oooo just eat the chips and salsa, the wafers, and the candy.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Right, this is my concern. I made the appointment. I'm putting myself first. My biggest worry though is I'm basically going to become anorexic and eat like a bird. That's not my goal. I know how to eat well but then the little monster comes out and says oo just go for another huge bowl of dinner or at night and says oooo just eat the chips and salsa, the wafers, and the candy.

I’m definitely Not even close to anorexic.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:41 am
amother OP wrote:

I’m on ozempic and don’t eat like a bird Smile
Definitely much much less and I get fuller much quicker. Also the temptation for junky food isn’t there.

Long term what I researched and my dr is saying that yes I’ll need to be on the lowest dose to mantain. I’m ok with that as long as I will be thin and feel good.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:46 am
What happens when you go off? Do you gain the weight back? Has anyone here been on it and gotten pregnant and had a healthy baby? I want to try it so badly but so nervous about long term effects.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise